Jedi Training Remote

is there any blue prints of where all the model parts go? or measurements for all the styrene panels?

i love all the model kit parts used to make this happen!

is there any blue prints of where all the model parts go? or measurements for all the styrene panels?

i love all the model kit parts used to make this happen!

Not really, there is BrundleFly’s instructions which have some measurements, it’s pretty handy. But no blue print that I know of. One thing that I’ve noticed reading through a couple build threads is that your measurement are slightly different if you vac-form your parts VS cut them out of flat styrene.

Not really, there is BrundleFly’s instructions which have some measurements, it’s pretty handy. But no blue print that I know of. One thing that I’ve noticed reading through a couple build threads is that your measurement are slightly different if you vac-form your parts VS cut them out of flat styrene.

is his instructions here on the site or off site? you got me itching to read this stuff!

Thanks Kroko. Good to know

Managed to pick up a 1/24 Kenworth and a 1/48 Bandai Panther. Time to learn about moulding I think!
I pulled my first cast parts this week, following a while of looking at punished props videos and DaveG brilliant documented moulds building methods , it worked extremely well , trial size silicone moulds kit is used up , and I'm manufacturing y-wing greebles :D

Last edited by a moderator:
any chance you going to be offering out a kit of remote cast parts?

Den

I pulled my first cast parts this week, following a while of looking at punished props videos and @DaveG brilliant documented moulds building methods , it worked extremely well , trial size silicone moulds kit is used up , and I'm manufacturing y-wing greebles :D

I pulled my first cast parts this week, following a while of looking at punished props videos and @DaveG brilliant documented moulds building methods , it worked extremely well , trial size silicone moulds kit is used up , and I'm manufacturing y-wing greebles :D

any chance you going to be offering out a kit of remote cast parts?

Den

im also curious if you will be offering kits?

anyone know where to purchase the domes? can you tell i got the bug for this...

Here is the link for the domes. This is the link for them in acrylic, but moving to the base hemisphere dome page on their site you can search for specific materials and there is also ABS available. That would be a softer material that is easier to scribe, but won't be see-through.

Here is the link for the domes. This is the link for them in acrylic, but moving to the base hemisphere dome page on their site you can search for specific materials and there is also ABS available. That would be a softer material that is easier to scribe, but won't be see-through.

thank you very much!

im also curious if you will be offering kits?

anyone know where to purchase the domes? can you tell i got the bug for this...
thanks guys , I am not currently building the remote , y-wing and falcon, my comment was a supporting comment to @Therenotdolls to go for it, if I can do it anyone can :) , I am interested in doing a remote down the line , I would use plastruct hemisphere, you need a good foundation and it's what ILM used ,

Last edited by a moderator:
im curious what the molds looked like to cast the 18 wheel wheels.

I’m planning to make a two part mold. I have been worried about how to do it and where to make the pour hole and vent hole. That part and the cupola have me worried. I need to just sit down and make the dump molds of the other parts so I can get some experience with this under my belt.

I’m planning to make a two part mold. I have been worried about how to do it and where to make the pour hole and vent hole. That part and the cupola have me worried. I need to just sit down and make the dump molds of the other parts so I can get some experience with this under my belt.

I've been searching youtube for casted items similar to this wheel. i was even wondering if plugging the hole in the wheel with clay and casting it that way would work. i would have to dremel out the hole that was filled on each wheel. but i think thats my easiest solution.

then again how many wheels come in 1 model?

There should be plenty of wheels if you get a whole kit, depending on the kit, but I don't think they will all be chromed though. I know that there are several kits that have the same wheels in them, but I think that there are only two that have the correct axle brackets, the T600A and the Midnight Express. I think that there are some trailer kits that also have the right stuff but I don't know what they are called. I've also heard that there are two different styles of lugs in the wheel, but I don't think we know which was used on the actual prop.

That type of wheel is common on a lot of peterbilts... if you're already considering castings etc... you might as well go one better with a 99% similar wheel that is already chromed. Just sayin' :D I forget the exact kit I grabbed my from but NOBODY ever looked at it and noticed anything was not 100%. Mine had 8 wheels 4 with lugs and 4 without. Somebody told me that the original was that way as well... but I'm not going to claim its 100% true - I've not done the research to determine it.

Jedi Dade

do you know what parts these are and what kit it comes from? I cant seem to find them in my kits? jedi traing ball_LI (2).jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back