The Big Lebowski Costume Thread

There's no chance of this shrinking if I take it to the dry cleaners or get it wet in the rain? Maybe a stupid question, I've just never had a wool sweater like this.
There's always a chance of shrinking with a wool garment. Unless there's a laundering tag on the sweater that says differently, it would be best to have it dry cleaned. You're better off not wearing it in rain, but if it gets wet the best thing to do is to lay it on a dry towel (preferably a white towel so there's no risk of dye transfer) on a flat surface and allow it to dry naturally. Hanging it while it's wet is not a good idea because the weight of the water can stretch the wool, and it will retain the shape of whatever you hang it from.

I think "medium" is a good size for you--appropriate for dressing as The Dude and for everyday wear.

Thanks for the help and comments, Dudes. Looks like the weather has made a great turn for me wearing it. I'm sure it's been said before, but this sweater really brings the outfit together.

I've noticed that the stripes on the end of the sleeves are much farther up than the original Pendleton. It bothers me..... but not enough for me to return this awesome cardigan.

Last edited:
Wanted to share, not sure if anyone has purchased from this company. Seems they have some decent Jelly sandals for sale. Though the website seems a bit..... questionable.

http://www.lameduse.com

sun_trans_1.jpg

Wanted to share, not sure if anyone has purchased from this company. Seems they have some decent Jelly sandals for sale. Though the website seems a bit..... questionable.

http://www.lameduse.com

View attachment 787108
I ordered my first pair of jelly sandals from them back in 2011. European sizing is different from U.S. sizing so I exchanged a few e-mails with someone at La Meduse while trying to figure out which size I should order, but they were extremely helpful and the size they recommended was perfect for me. The entire transaction was problem-free, and I'd probably still have those sandals if our dog hadn't chewed one of 'em to bits. :rolleyes I did replace them, but don't remember where I got the second pair; evilBay, I think.

Looks good, man! Large might give a bit more loose look to it, but i wouldn't sweat it too much. I've yet to take mine to a dry cleaners since i've only worn it a couple of times so far, but normally dry cleaning won't shrink wool -- if the cleaners know what they are doing, of course. ;) Haven't gotten mine rained on, either, but that shouldn't shrink it. if anything, it will make the wool heavily from being water logged and maybe stretch it a weeeeee bit due to the water weight. Either way, I think you're golden with it!

Cheers!

So, I know I'm late to the party but now that I have the sweater.... I can't stop. Just purchased the pants from Colores del Pueblo. The shirt and maybe the re-issued Otomix shoes are next.

They're a little more grayish and less purple than I thought but they're comfy as can be and look the part.

IMG_5156.JPG

Anyone see that Pueblo has atleast two other pairs of pants available that are very Dude-like? I'd say decent purchases to keep the Dude look but not have to wear the same pants every day. But they are pricey... I'm sure some decent ones are found on Ebay.

also, Dudes.... better go find a cash machine.

$100 bucks XL and XXL at Dillards. The Pendleton original Westerley

https://www.dillards.com/p/pendleto...facetCache=pageSize=96&beginIndex=0&orderBy=1

Last edited:
Hidely-ho, Duderinos! It's been a long time since I've posted, but I took time to read/skim through the last few years of posts and you guys continue to nail it! Nail a board to the floor, that is. I endured my 3rd spinal surgery and have been to hell and back. But I'm making the best comeback ever. Got my tickets to Lebowski Fest Los Angeles for both nights. I also scored TWO near mint condition modestly-priced receptacles. Not only that, but I managed to score two coveted blue lids to make certain Donny doesn't spill. I'll keep one and auction off the other very soon.

I know the sunglasses have been debated and discussed. Some say they're Vuarnet 003, some say Vuarnet 1307, some say Ray Ban Cat 4000. Vuarnet still offers the brown lense with black frame in France. But the company I located online will not ship to the US. The shades were $90. But @parcelDelivers can reship the item to the US.

However, before I take any plunge (and they don't accept checks), I want to rest well-assured that I'm obtaining the closest pair of shades possible.

I think there's one guy who could solve this mystery once and for all. Not Jeff Bridges. but possibly Adam Savage.

Great to be back and see all you guys hard at work and coming up with such creative solutions. I'm currently in mid-Dude growing out the proper facial hair again. My hair will be long enough to cut into more of an accurate Dude style. So I'll be ready for LFLA!

For those asking about the Otomix...I ordered a new pair a while back and can locate the order form if needed. But this has been covered here before and is certainly buried somewhere within this massive thread.

We'll help with Otomix if you still need it. Hopefully they are still available. I'm going to attempt to tweet Adam Savage and see if he'll respond about the shades. But if new information has come to light and you guys know for sure, then please post your thoughts. I dig your style, man.

Last edited:
Hey I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon. Well, maybe longer to create it and ship it. Check *this* out, man...My toe arrived today and it is awesome! I found the best Etsy seller who creates realistic toes which come inside a bloody bandage. Even comes in a little padded envelope. It's only $7.80 + $3 shipping. If you're interested, then:
Go to Etsy.
Search for "Lebowski Severed Toe"
Make sure it's the one from seller named "AnOptimisticCynic"
Here's the pics of mine!
20180319_231341.jpg20180319_231325.jpg20180319_231302.jpg20180319_231204.jpg
AnOptimisticCynic

20180319_231341.jpg

20180319_231325.jpg

20180319_231302.jpg

20180319_231204.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon. Well, maybe longer to create it and ship it. Check *this* out, man...My toe arrived today and it is awesome! I found the best Etsy seller who creates realistic toes which come inside a bloody bandage. Even comes in a little padded envelope. It's only $7.80 + $3 shipping. If you're interested, then:
Go to Etsy.
Search for "Lebowski Severed Toe"
Make sure it's the one from seller named "AnOptimisticCynic"
Here's the pics of mine!
View attachment 803824View attachment 803825View attachment 803826View attachment 803827
AnOptimisticCynic

Oh this is very cool. I recently picked up Jackie Treehorn stationary from Etsy. And after years of searching for an exact replica of the Folgers can, I finally found one.

IMG_2225.jpg

And to keep this back on topic, a Lebowski costume! One of the screen used pin girl costumes.
IMG_2226.jpg

IMG_2225.jpg

IMG_2226.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I listed my modestly-priced receptacle on ye olde auctione siteee. No coffee inside......or lid. Kinda rusty and slightly taken out of the round. But it's the correct one from the movie: Folger's Aroma Roasted For All Coffee Makers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back