Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Me? I'm just some dude on the internet. And not even the kind of dude who thinks my opinion is so important that I need to record a 10 minute defense of TLJ and upload it to youtube.

But youtube's algorithm is meant to show you similar videos, it's very literally the echo chamber Bryan was talking about earlier. The fact that you saw a video on youtube, or a handful of videos on youtube, that didn't like TLJ means nothing.

Here, watch something positive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpOpykiOWVc

So you are assuming that A. I dont know how You Tube works B. I have confined myself to only negative reviews and then C. Throw a YOU TUBE VIDEO at me to prove your point,:lol

So you're saying if I pointed a gun at your face with the obvious intent to use it but then thought better of it, you would think me a good man and give me a pass and not call the cops on me because "hey, you didn't use it, that's the important thing?" I highly doubt that.

In order for your completely ridiculous not really comparable scenario to make sense, we'd have to live in a world where you could realistically have visions of the future and you saw a potential future where I became a supremly evil person that posed a great threat to many people.

Yes, it's human to have doubts and fears and make mistakes, but it's a whole other thing to think about killing someone to the point where you're ready to actually do it. That's sociopathic.

Really? So, if you hold the title of Jedi, which is seen as a guardian of sorts, you don't think its possible that within this role you may have to kill someone? And if you do thats a sign of serious mental illness? So, you're saying soldiers and cops who have to sometimes kill to protect innocent lives are mentally ill? Really?

But hey, if you're fine with Luke doing a complete 180 from a good man who makes mistakes yet learns from them to a man who would come extremely close to killing someone without - and this, more than anything else, is the crux of my argument - making an attempt to avoid such a scenario or to not do a damn thing to rectify the situation even if he did, more power to you. I personally don't accept that. I will accept that from Luke and I sure as hell don't accept that irl.

Again, you're scenario doesnt hold water. The so called crux of your argument where Luke makes an attempt to help Ben\Kylo avoid the path he ended up taking, never had a chance to come to pass. From what we see in TLJ, Luke never got the chance. Unfortunately, Ben\Kylo wakes up at an extremly inopportune moment and gives in to his fear. Once he's destroyed Luke's academy and students, he's gone. There's no coming back from that. Just like after Anakin betrayed the Jedi and killed younglings, Obi didn't go to Mustafar to try and help him. Because he knew it was too late.

So you are assuming that A. I dont know how You Tube works B. I have confined myself to only negative reviews and then C. Throw a YOU TUBE VIDEO at me to prove your point,:lol

You are Sith.. just like me... and we all love you just the same....;)

Come on peeps.. Lighten up and go grab a beer:cheers

Right, you see how a positive review of TLJ means nothing to you?

That's exactly the value of every negative review you could point to. Stop pretending like it's some sort of source of objective data.

Right, you see how a positive review of TLJ means nothing to you?

That's exactly the value of every negative review you could point to. Stop pretending like it's some sort of source of objective data.

Just take a deep deep breath for one minute. You have totally imagined that I am holding up You Tube as the be all and end all of discussion in this matter. The fact that you dismiss the opinions of more than reasonable human beings that are expressed on the number one source of that sort of thing in the world is really the issue here.

Moviebob did a positive review. And he also did a rebuttal video to the fans who hated it.

And as much as I appreciate his work, it felt like he was being paid off

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just take a deep deep breath for one minute. You have totally imagined that I am holding up You Tube as the be all and end all of discussion in this matter. The fact that you dismiss the opinions of more than reasonable human beings that are expressed on the number one source of that sort of thing in the world is really the issue here.

Oh, right, you were talking about youtube as a subset of "the internet." That really changes things. :facepalm

People can not like TLJ all they want. I really don't care. If you find that "dismissive," so be it. Go ask those folks if they care that I enjoyed it. I think they're wrong, they think I'm wrong, so it's all a wash. I'm not going to stand here and say the Collider video I linked is MORE correct than anything you could. It's just another opinion on the internet.

Oh, right, you were talking about youtube as a subset of "the internet." That really changes things. :facepalm

People can not like TLJ all they want. I really don't care. If you find that "dismissive," so be it. Go ask those folks if they care that I enjoyed it. I think they're wrong, they think I'm wrong, so it's all a wash. I'm not going to stand here and say the Collider video I linked is MORE correct than anything you could. It's just another opinion on the internet.
.....:lol...In terms of linking You Tube videos we currently stand at 1 all

I'm going to throw this out there......

If if if if if!!... It were George Lucas that wrote and directed this...

Would it still be so divided?

Or is it because it's "Disney"?

Be honest with yourselves..

..........In tennis its referred to as an unforced error on your behalf. Go back and read what your commenting on please.

Are yall married?....because my wife and I sometimes forget what we were arguing about..

Ok.. there goes my nose again...where it doesnt belong...:$.. sorry

- - - Updated - - -

gobsmacked

Damn...gotta google that too... you guys are killing me :confused

Need another :cheers

Are yall married?....because my wife and I sometimes forget what we were arguing about..

Ok.. there goes my nose again...where it doesnt belong...:$.. sorry

- - - Updated - - -

Damn...gotta google that too... you guys are killing me :confused

Your wildly swinging attitude and comments during this whole thing is hardly making this discussion any easier , just in case you dont realise it.

..........In tennis its referred to as an unforced error. Go back and read what your commenting on please.

I'm commenting on your reply to Bryan asserting that the RPF poll and box office numbers are not valid indicators of the success (or lack thereof) of TLJ.

Time to get your field of view off opening box office and this poll....the internet is tearing this mess a whole new one and deservedly so. And not just the ANGRY LOUD people.
Try You Tube. No binary data there, These are people who have gone to the trouble of making a video of their feelings and put on display for all to see. They are not happy.

You could also go back and read what I wrote about the impossible task of making a SW movie to please everybody. In the context of a beloved franchise like SW, it doesn't surprise me that a subset of fans was not happy with TLJ. Therefore not only am I not surprised that some people didn't like it, I'm not going to overly weigh those opinions in trying to decide if the film was really "successful" by industry standards.

As I said before, I think TLJ is a "deeply imperfect" film, but I would not raise that to "unforced error." That's seems to be the refrain of those who didn't get what they wanted out of this movie.

You wildly swinging comments during this whole thing is hardly making this discussion any easier, just in case you dont realise it.

You and him/her going stupidly about youtube videos makes me feel the same way

So lets please just get back to talking how good or bad TLJ was. Not about some youtube videos made by idiots... There are no idiots here..

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back