I PROMISE this Kylo BS helmet mod is worthing looking at! PART 2

FettFreak80

22.jpg
Heres a progress pic. Also got a primer onto the dome section. Ill just let this stuff dry for a couple of days...But first...

23.jpg
Test - fit!!

24.JPG25.JPG
Next I hit the dome section with the texture spray, let it dry over night and gently sanded it back, wet and dry grades. The final coats of matt black color were then applied. Theres a close up pic of the texture. Ill prob use a clear coat spray pack to finish up later on down the track...Im really aiming to get all the subtle color and textures in the paint scheme and sure this is alot of work but really worth it to me.

26.JPG27.jpg28.jpg
After alot of research in regards to a chrome finish for the filligree, seems like the spaz stix brand is the only way to go. So I hit the piece with the high gloss black first. I let that dry for about a week. I knew I would be masking of sections to get the texture between the chrome panels (then the chrome itself) and if I didnt leave the paint to dry properly, the masking tape would peel it off

29.JPG30.JPG31.JPG
I masked off the chrome areas (which took about and hour and a half!!!) and applied the spray texture to it. Same as before, that was sanded carefully with a rougher grade sandpaper then the wet/dry grade...Was happy with the result so Im letting that dry for another week and then Ill mask of the black areas to spray the final chrome color.

32.JPG

I applied some weathering to the helmet and test fit everything for fun. Soon as I get the chrome finished Ill secure the face plate to the dome section. Ill use magnets to keep the face plates secure, but also to allow for future mechanics for the opening mechanism Ill make for it sooner or later...
As soon I make some more progress Ill post some more pics

So the mouth cover (black part) is from the disney helmet and all chrome andgrey are from the BS helmet,I saw it on the other thread, you used the two layers from the disney helmet?

So the mouth cover (black part) is from the disney helmet and all chrome andgrey are from the BS helmet,I saw it on the other thread, you used the two layers from the disney helmet?

Yes, yes and yes my friend. Theres plenty of posts that explain it alot better than I would check out @tricloudwalker hes got it sorted out

Looking good.

Please keep these together. Maybe it is just me but this could be one thread to follow instead of multiple parts.

Can a admin / mod merge these threads?

Looking good.

Please keep these together. Maybe it is just me but this could be one thread to follow instead of multiple parts.

Can a admin / mod merge these threads?

Sorry man Im really new to forums, really have no idea what Im doing but trying to learn. I figured I had to split the two posts because of the limit of attachments...Thanks for the advice though, see what I can do

No worries. I understand learning forums. I am part of probably about 20 some now.

You can reply with images, etc. in each post without having to start a topic.

looks like the helmet is coming along well!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back