*2.0 UPGRADE!! New progress on page 8!* Apocalypse/Knightmare Batman Build Thread

Re: Mr. Mold Maker's Apocalypse/Knightmare Batman Build Thread and BvS COWL SCULPT

View attachment 601993View attachment 601992View attachment 601991

Been avoiding updates on this for long enough. Losing track of this piece.. Veered too far off course.

Hopefully I can get it back on track... If not.. I watch the movie, and then I try again. :)

I was hoping to have this finished up this week, but it's just not going to happen. I need to take my eyes off it for a while.. Sculpt something else.. And then come back with fresh eyes. I'm not giving up, this cowl will be made. :)
how did you get big cheek bones like that without thick clay,as you can see artsee's sculpt chas very thick clay for the cheek bones but your cheekbone sculpt uses very thin clay,does your armature have very big cheekbones? image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Mr. Mold Maker's Apocalypse/Knightmare Batman Build Thread and BvS COWL SCULPT

how did you get big cheek bones like that without thick clay,as you can see artsee's sculpt chas very thick clay for the cheek bones but your cheekbone sculpt uses very thin clay,does your armature have very big cheekbones?View attachment 622353View attachment 622354

I believe Paul sculpted his cowl with the intentions of being cast in latex.. Meaning, when it's cast it will shrink, and the cheeks should be more form fitting. I was sculpting my cowl form fitting from the start, on a lifecast similar to Ben's head shape.

In other news.... I'll have some cowl updates soon. This time.. I will be using Ben Afflecks full head lifecast as a base. :)

I will be sculpting open eyes and offering a half mask for cowl displays as well if all goes as planned!

I believe Paul sculpted his cowl with the intentions of being cast in latex.. Meaning, when it's cast it will shrink, and the cheeks should be more form fitting. I was sculpting my cowl form fitting from the start, on a lifecast similar to Ben's head shape.

In other news.... I'll have some cowl updates soon. This time.. I will be using Ben Afflecks full head lifecast as a base. :)

I will be sculpting open eyes and offering a half mask for cowl displays as well if all goes as planned!

I'm excited!! With your amazing sculpting skills and a ben affleck life cast..you've got yourself a completely movie-accurate (even from the inside!!!) BvS cowl

wow this is looking like its gonna be amazing

And any tips on how to paint the urethane rubber gauntlets from tigerstone fx? Ive never worked with rubber before haha

For those looking for a coat, here are progress pics of mine! White Sheep Leather is doing this as a custom job for me but if anyone is interested I can find out if they'll do more. They still need to add the buttons and the 3 straps and buttons on the back slit.

Image1463677730.896050.jpg
0e36ed4dfb42976e0cb1b7672fa9ae11.jpg
7adf72c5575d6d26190c359991113007.jpg
0d4b43ac7628dd5fbd8362235b70bcca.jpg
f3dfbb720e93c0ab667b070a9c37ab1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad to see this thread still active! Beautiful coat Starlordquill!

My progress has been very slow, but I do have an UPDATE!!

Kevin, from Gauntlet FX makes an absolutely stellar cowl. Damn near spot on to the film cowl, and I am lucky enough to have one on order. It has completely reignited my desire to see this through to the end.

I will still be modifying the Affleck lifecast to use as a display in the cowl, and eventually I would love to re-tackle sculpting the cowl... However, not as a static cowl but in a dynamic statue pose.

For now? We'll be going with a half bust of the Knightmare Batman. From the emblem up, if I had to guess.

I just seen gauntlet fx cowl today it is stellar!! Love it just need to sell my tundra so i can get one haha.. do you guys know where i can source a scarf online at all? Ive been to all the material stores around me to no avail haha

I'm glad to see this thread still active! Beautiful coat Starlordquill!

My progress has been very slow, but I do have an UPDATE!!

Kevin, from Gauntlet FX makes an absolutely stellar cowl. Damn near spot on to the film cowl, and I am lucky enough to have one on order. It has completely reignited my desire to see this through to the end.

I will still be modifying the Affleck lifecast to use as a display in the cowl, and eventually I would love to re-tackle sculpting the cowl... However, not as a static cowl but in a dynamic statue pose.

For now? We'll be going with a half bust of the Knightmare Batman. From the emblem up, if I had to guess.

Thanks man!! I feel like we got pretty dang close on the pattern. The color is close enough but not perfect but weathering should help that!

Which brings me to a question, anyone have tips on how to weather the jacket? Never really weathered leather/fabric to much before.

And here's some updates too!

b5864746c508eb0e0edb4e53557d525c.jpg
ef22b4923795201e2eb1ca6f1740fd4b.jpg
3ea72cf1e44dac39d5ffd0e60ce86090.jpg
c50840180222b88aeaa32c9f407cffe1.jpg
8f6da95d2bbbfedcde95d6541c1eaf6c.jpg
865c113a3cd839ec2c8f2671d1507fe8.jpg
3be200275ab12d202551711ff271cb04.jpg
fb507be9b55ffebd8614bab92de11195.jpg
aff25e775678f9668b02c6f1bb93dc1a.jpg
https://vimeo.com/167778805

image.jpeg
There is a Ben Affleck head in my living room. Much excite!
Planning to retool it and cast it in silicone to display with my amazing cowl on order from Kevin of Gauntlet FX!
A short list of the modifications I'll be making.. Opening the eyes, removing the ears, bringing the neck down a little further, and retexturing the whole surface for silicone, among other things. Can't wait to show you all the finished product!

Not many realize that this is from Daredevil, and as such Ben's face is much thinner. It will take some work to plump him out to match his 2015 face.. Hoping I can do it.. Justice.. :lol

I will be offering a couple copies in resin and silicone once I'm ready.

(This life-cast is not for sale.. Check eBay, they are everywhere.)

I will eventually be retackling the cowl, using this lifecast as the perfect base... However, it will be a more dynamic pose, not a static cowl.

Last edited:

Dude where ya pull the boots from?! The only ones i can find are like 350 bucks haha also is that a tigerstone cowl? Looking good nonetheless!!

Dude where ya pull the boots from?! The only ones i can find are like 350 bucks haha also is that a tigerstone cowl? Looking good nonetheless!!

I'm going to assume that was directed at me haha

Boots were made by "cosplay by studio boheim" on Facebook. They were in the $300 range but are the best I've seen!

Cowl is a reevzfx. I've got a weird shaped 23.5" head (wider than most) and it fits well by itself (the pic with eye makeup and the vid) but REALLY well with just a tad of foam in the back to pull the eyes tighter (the pic with the goggles)

Great job man! How did the voice work in the actual suit?! I went to Ocala comicon in fl this past weekend and my setup worked great for about an hour but I started getting some feedback through the speaker. Almost sounded like my heart beat lol

Great job man! How did the voice work in the actual suit?! I went to Ocala comicon in fl this past weekend and my setup worked great for about an hour but I started getting some feedback through the speaker. Almost sounded like my heart beat lol

No feedback issues here really. I did have to turn it down a tad at first due to feedback but it was fine after! And the heartbeat thing was probably mic placement. You probably had it over an artery. You can also turn the noise gate up to prevent that.

Looks absolutely killer Starlordquill!

image.jpeg

I figured since I have it, I may as well paint it.

Taking a completely opaque material, like stone, and making it look translucent is a very painstaking and time consuming process. I have never claimed to be a great painter.. Nor even a good one... But I am going to give myself a pat on the back with this one. I couldn't be any happier with the results!

Looks absolutely killer Starlordquill!

View attachment 634221

I figured since I have it, I may as well paint it.

Taking a completely opaque material, like stone, and making it look translucent is a very painstaking and time consuming process. I have never claimed to be a great painter.. Nor even a good one... But I am going to give myself a pat on the back with this one. I couldn't be any happier with the results!

Thanks man! And that paint looks amazing!!

image.jpegimage.jpeg
Went ahead and kept working on the Affleck lifecast. Added some subtle shading and tones to certain areas.. Hopefully it looks more "lifelike" now. I'm pretty happy with it.

First photo is from 5 feet away zoomed in, and the second from two feet. What a huge difference in lens distortion!

Next time you guys see this, hopefully it'll be in a cowl! ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back