Salzo V5 X-Wing pattern work

Ok spending the morning getting back to everyones PM's. I'm going to ship in the order paid, all molds are done for Red 1,3, 5. Blue 1, Red 2 will be ready in about a month as it requires a different fuselage mold, but all the other stuff like Sat V cans etc are already molded so once those are panel lined up it will be a quick turn around.

Thanks for everyones patience.
mike

Ok, I think I got back to everyone, if you did not get a PM please PM me back. I think I got everyone but sometimes one or 2 fall thru the cracks.

Hi Mike.
How different are the fuselages?

Ok spending the morning getting back to everyones PM's. I'm going to ship in the order paid, all molds are done for Red 1,3, 5. Blue 1, Red 2 will be ready in about a month as it requires a different fuselage mold, but all the other stuff like Sat V cans etc are already molded so once those are panel lined up it will be a quick turn around.

Thanks for everyones patience.
mike

If you look at the ref it's some part differences, meaning phantom engine variations in the inner wings. Some panel differences on the Sat V cans etc. Minor stuff but we are doing our best to get the right parts on the right birds. The real big difference is paint ups, so if your not attached to doing a character like Luke etc, then take a look at which paint up you like the most.

Also there is no reason not to do your own take on it at all, in which case it does not matter much which one you get.

I'm new to studio scale X-wings, could somebody explain the differences between Red 1,3, & 5?
Thanks.

Not different in shape, some panel line locations are different as well as the location of the torpedo tubes on the bottom half.

For anyone ordering a Red 2, what i am going to do is get your whole kit cast up and when the fuselage molds are done all I will have to do is cast a fuselage and ship it off.

Hi Mike.
How different are the fuselages?

Thank a lot for the precision about the red 2 differences.

Not different in shape, some panel line locations are different as well as the location of the torpedo tubes on the bottom half.

For anyone ordering a Red 2, what i am going to do is get your whole kit cast up and when the fuselage molds are done all I will have to do is cast a fuselage and ship it off.

So the wings all work as intended, which is a relief!
3.jpg

2.jpg

The V5 hull (I received it 5 days ago - so fresh!) is wonderful. I took this assembly out to LA this past weekend, to show some original ILMers, and they put the parts through their paces, lol!

4.jpg

Here is the V5 shell compared against a real unused HERO casting from 1976. Width, height, length all check out:

1.jpg

Here is the V5 shell compared to a pyro hull from 1976. We think the nose cone might be about 3mm too far aft, but that's about it!

5.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back