Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

Damn it. It had been a week since the last post on this monstrosity. I was sure hoping this misbegotten thread would be consigned to a quiet death.

I was excited to see this thread fall back to page 2, also hoping it would be forgotten and left to die. Sad day for the RPF.

I actually tried to discuss possible replacements most of the time but was washed out by lame theories about the force and Luke and BTTF 2. And besides, if it wasnt for me some people, "cough", wouldnt have a reason to post here.;)

I can't wait for the next Star Trek movie.

Oh wait, that's a different franchise. This one has gotten so big I forgot what it was about.

Do they have a Stupid things said by people that hate TLJ?:D

googlelogo_color_272x92dp.png

This is interesting: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...service-james-gunn-star-wars-slowdown-1145493

Bob Iger in the interview in the linked article, said: "I made the timing decision, and as I look back, I think the mistake that I made — I take the blame — was a little too much, too fast. You can expect some slowdown, but that doesn't mean we're not going to make films. J.J. [Abrams] is busy making [Episode]*IX. We have creative entities, including [Game of Thronescreators David] Benioff and [D.B.] Weiss, who are developing sagas of their own, which we haven't been specific about. And we are just at the point where we're going to start making decisions about what comes next after J.J.'s. But I think we're going to be a little bit more careful about volume and timing. And the buck stops here on that."

First of all, this signals a change in the approach by Lucasfilm with regards to the release schedule of their Star Wars movies. I find it odd that it is announced, not by the Head of Lucasfilm, but by the head of the company that owns it. But never mind that.

Secondly, Iger only mentioned the Star Wars saga films by the GOT writers after Episode IX, so if we were to take his statement as an indication of the revised release schedule, and if were to assume (1) that film saga would be in the form of a trilogy and (2) that they would revert back to the OT and PT style of a movie every 3 years... that would mean almost 10 years would have passed before we even get to see Ruin Johnson's trilogy, if they're even gonna be made at all! :lol

Last edited:

It's probably just me and I'm reading more into it or in this case not reading about it at all.
Anyone else think its odd when speaking about Star Wars and the "plan" Kathleen or Rian
are not mentioned at all. Wouldn't that article to be the perfect time to come out in support of
at least one of them. Seems peculiar to me.

It's probably just me and I'm reading more into it or in this case not reading about it at all.
Anyone else think its odd when speaking about Star Wars and the "plan" Kathleen or Rian
are not mentioned at all. Wouldn't that article to be the perfect time to come out in support of

No, not just you, Iger said volumes about the Kennedy, Johnson issues by not even mentioning them at all and totally bypassing them. Seems he is perfect for politics.

It is peculiar. It only takes a few words to mention something about Rian's trilogy. Yet no mention, even though Rian's was confirmed before Benioff and Weiss's trilogy was.

Okay, I'm going to say this. Past times I've typed these words out, I've chickened out and not post this. I know I'm going to get roasted for even asking this: Am I the only one who feels they should just leave Star Wars alone and let it die peacefully?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back