The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

It's all preference, if you go with white sheep you can go cordura or stretch, not sure the manless fabric,

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! I'm messaging the sales Dept of white sheep leather now he said it's $140+$40 shipping I asked about the differences in material they offer. Not exactly sure what stretch means but I think I'll be ordering them shortly, all that's left are the boots! Cause mine are wore down pretty bad. Actually if y'all know of some nice( I think they're called greaves?) Those would work well

Thank you so much! I'm messaging the sales Dept of white sheep leather now he said it's $140+$40 shipping I asked about the differences in material they offer. Not exactly sure what stretch means but I think I'll be ordering them shortly, all that's left are the boots! Cause mine are wore down pretty bad. Actually if y'all know of some nice( I think they're called greaves?) Those would work well
Starlord uses gaitors or spats and most accuratly used with sketchers however, xcoser sells boots that zip which is best for riding

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Stabbing in the dark again!

Still looking for an ANOVOS jacket if anyone knows someone with one they want to let go!

And LegendaryDox- Those pants look awesome. ive got the jacket from them, been curious about the pants. Definitely look awesome. Do you have any more pictures of those pants you can share with us? Thanks!

The ANOVOS jacket was held back to explore real leather as opposed to faux like originally planned

@Sidewaysgts I don't think the Anovos jacket has even made it to market yet has it? Isn't it still in production?

Im not sure to be honest.

On their website, the jacket is listed as "not available", and cant be purchased/pre-ordered.

When i emailed them and asked about it, they said the pre-order was done and that it was the only way to get the jacket as they intended to do them in a "group" limited run.

The ANOVOS jacket was held back to explore real leather as opposed to faux like originally planned

That's what they appear to be telling folks at Cons, but when I asked their customer service reps through the online chat, they denied it. Last time I mentioned it, I was even told that they had never considered doing it in leather and that they were not looking into it. I was also told (within the time it would take to ship them from Asia to the US) that the jacket was on schedule to ship by the 20th of March, which didn't happen. I contacted them online a couple days ago and was told that an announcement would be coming "soon". The latest info from Wondercon seems to be that they are in fact switching to leather, which would be really cool (saves me tearing down the jacket myself and changing to real leather).

I'm usually for giving them a lot of leeway when things get delayed and people riled up, since they are a small-ish fan-run outfit and dealing with manufacturing in places like Asia can be very difficult, when you aim for high quality and accuracy. (We on the RPF are used to quibbling and agonizing over small details, and sometimes a manufacturer will deliver something that barely resembles what you asked for.) I have several or their Trek uniforms and a couple helmets, and the quality continues to be outstanding. But they do seem to have ongoing communication difficulties and would probably benefit from adopting a policy of brutal honesty. As someone who has dealt with very devoted and demanding fans (games industry...), I have learned the hard way that things can get pretty ugly when the communication from a company becomes inconsistent and rumors get started.

Yep! EFX had the Star Lord blasters out again. Look great but they will probably not make it to market because of Disney being paranoid about selling prop weapons. The EFX GOTG Vol 1 jacket was there, helmet, orb/stand, and blasters.

Anovos confirmed that they are trying coat 2.0 that may be goatskin and try to get a lower price. That would be good!

Hi, one question :

anybody noticed that Peter wore two different pants in the vol.2 ?
I just realized there...:facepalm

Yeah, but you’re not the only one, people are still catching on to it. The one with the “pocket zippers” are the same (if not EXTREMELY similar, guess we’ll have to see the movie to be 100%) he wears in Infinity War according to trailers and other media.

92989552564c4423d912805cfa35c31e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ones on the left are the same or almost the same in Infinity War and they're styled off of the pants in the first movie. The ones on the right are worn in promo materials for volume 2 and up until he changes into the short jacket in the third act.

Okay thank you, the two pants look very similar.

Does anyone know where I could find a t-shirt like this? I find only the blue version with logo.

SLshiry.png

Anyone doing VOL1 pants besides SIQclothing? They still want like $400-$500 depending on options.

I had a blowout on the china factory pair I got on ebay. The seam between the legs split because they used some cheap *** cotton thread and single stitching.

Why not just sew them back together? Sounds like a simple job.

I did. Then the seam further along started breaking. So I sewed that up. And then it happened again, which is when I decided to stop wearing them.

I really need a better pair. But I can't pay the money SIQ wants. And I don't know if I can trust another pair from China.

Okay, so after breaking down the Hasbro helmet to the point that Ein did in the video. I am mystified by however people are installing the Risu lenses. I looked at his instructions on dropbox, putting everything in a 3D printed socket, and I don't know how to make that work with the existing hardware in the helmet.

The face plate sockets are not big enough to snug the grid lens inside. The socket on the inner plate is straight-walled but slanted, like a pipe cut at an angle, so the LED strip will not go around it flush to the sides. I haven't even gotten to what I would do with the blue lens.

The thing that gets me is that the socket method would work for this helmet if it were available. The inner side of the face plate, there is enough lip to put a socket over it. It would need some fiddling to get it fit due to one area of the channel around the lip being tighter than the rest of the channel, but it would work. The lip it is on would act as a stop for the grid lens. Then you would need to file the inner plate (the plate that the factory lens is installed on) holes to a larger diameter to get the sockets to go through.

But after that all you would need is the lenses and the LED strip to be sized for the Inner diameter of the socket. And install them like the dropbox instruction say.

I don't do facebook for any reason. You guys do any other VOL1 gear besides the pants? You can shoot me a PM if you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI everyone. I make a costume for the 25th April and I would like to thanks you all for all your advice, tips, sources and information. :thumbsup

Today I just finished boots. I painted them with Angelus paint because the brown was too dark.

01.jpg

What do you think ? The brown on the picture is a little bit darker in reality.

Oh man, can't believe how into Starlord I am since 2014 and wouldn't start making the costume until I find the most necessary accessories from it.

I got myself a working last TPS-L2 and just obtained a Sony MDR-5a!

Now I'm starting to get the rest of the costume from vol.2.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back