Iron Man: Bleeding Edge w/3d files

Only one part left to go. The upside is that it looks great! The downside is that because the pieces overlapped in the 3D file, I'm having to trim a lot to make the faceplate fit
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416330643.549901.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only one part left to go. The upside is that it looks great! The downside is that because the pieces overlapped in the 3D file, I'm having to trim a lot to make the faceplate fit
View attachment 406991

Try motorising the helmet. Any chance that you will share the helmet 3d print file?? I want to make one too :)

Last edited:
Try motorising the helmet. Any chance that you will share the helmet 3d print file?? I want to make one too :)

I wanted to make sure I printed the helmet and checked the sizing before releasing the 3d print files. When I get to my computer, I'll be able to upload them. Btw. I have a 24" head and it fits well. Anyone with a slightly larger head should be okay as well, but anyone else with a smaller head is gonna look like a bobble head. So you'll need to decrease the over all size.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416947634.043240.jpg
I had to trim the faceplate edge a lot, and remove all the interior support junk so I could have it fit roughly. It's still not perfect and has large gaps between sections. I plan on uploading the 3d print files later but in the meantime here's what the helmet will roughly look like. If you go the route I have.

View attachment 409190
I had to trim the faceplate edge a lot, and remove all the interior support junk so I could have it fit roughly. It's still not perfect and has large gaps between sections. I plan on uploading the 3d print files later but in the meantime here's what the helmet will roughly look like. If you go the route I have.

Dude, I love how your lid is coming out! Can't wait to see more work on it!

Loving this thread! Do you plan on releasing the PDO for the helmet? I'm not a pro at it but i'll be glad to help with anything on it. My son would love one of these for his collection.

Hi Ironbat, the PDO needs to be worked and unfolded.. even then there are some overlaps that simply don't translate well into Pepakura. I'll try posting the link here in the next hour or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Update. I have just uploaded the 3D print files for the helmet.
***FYI and WARNING*** there are some overlapping issues with this file. It isn't perfect. I had to do a lot of trimming to get things to fit, and it will take me some work to get it looking right once I have time to use some bondo and such.

ok i have been watching this thread since the start and now i get my present BUT looks like your link to the 3d print file are not working or locked to only you
and due to the high poly count in the pdo it would be close to imposible to unfold in the app
if you could place a link to a obj file i can give it a try to drop the poly count I am trained in the z-brush program these files where created in and might be able to tweek a low poly out of the super high versioln we have (i would normally do this my self exporting from the pdo but it seems you have exported a locked pdo as well )
if the security on these files is on purpose sorry for the miss understanding

i hope my offer and advice have gone over well i would love to see a few of these helmets out there yours is sweet

ok i have been watching this thread since the start and now i get my present BUT looks like your link to the 3d print file are not working or locked to only you
and due to the high poly count in the pdo it would be close to imposible to unfold in the app
if you could place a link to a obj file i can give it a try to drop the poly count I am trained in the z-brush program these files where created in and might be able to tweek a low poly out of the super high versioln we have (i would normally do this my self exporting from the pdo but it seems you have exported a locked pdo as well )

i hope my offer and advice have gone over well i would love to see a few of these helmets out there yours is sweet
I've also been loitering. I've got no experience with unfolding, but I'd be willing to give it a try. I'm desperate for a pep of this suit, so far I've been (sort-of) freehanding it. I won't lie to you, it's not going well!

Hi Ironbat, the PDO needs to be worked and unfolded.. even then there are some overlaps that simply don't translate well into Pepakura. I'll try posting the link here in the next hour or so.

- - - Updated - - -

Update. I have just uploaded the 3D print files for the helmet.
***FYI and WARNING*** there are some overlapping issues with this file. It isn't perfect. I had to do a lot of trimming to get things to fit, and it will take me some work to get it looking right once I have time to use some bondo and such.

Hey, how's the progress going with your printed helmet? Looking forward to seeing more pics!!!

Just checked on the 4 shared account. There shouldn't be any issues. What software are you trying to open the files with? Either way, I added a link to download the full obj head

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back