Life-sized Terminator 2 T-800 Statue Replica

PHArchivist

Master Member
This is pretty much THE project that brought me to the RPF 15-16 years ago...

It started with TONS of pics of the Stan Winston statues at MANY PH restaurants, and resulted in my RPF screen name.

For the youngsters...

Planet Hollywood in the 1990s was much like the Hardrock Cafe, but with a focus on film memorabilia. I could write a short novel on the successes and failures of the chain, but the short answer is that due to poor cuisine and poor business decisions, all but a few U.S. locations have now long since closed. BUT... Each one had an Arnie T2 Stage 5 statue. While NONE of these were screen-used, they ALL were created by Stan Winston Studios for the restaurant chain. If you don't know who Stan Winston was, you dont belong on this site. God rest his soul... Each statue was created from a life cast of Arnie -head, body, all. The leather clothes were - to my understanding - all created by the same supplier as for the film; Bates Leather in Long Beach, CA. Though probably between 20-40 U.S. stores have closed, precious few of these statues have seen "air time" on the internet. Where most went remains a mystery, at least to me. Perhaps PH still owns most.

Back on task...

My project started as a bald white resin cast, supplied by one of the most proficient sculptors on the RPF (a cantankerous one that is not seen much lately). But it was not a sculpt. It was a cast of a PH statue head, which in turn was a life cast. So it is a 2nd or perhaps 3rd generation cast of Mr. Universe himself. And one of the very first to hit the collector's market.

I was coached in painting by a master whom - sadly - has disappeared from here too; QuartZ. He was a good friend. I miss him. He and I worked on two casts. Not sure if his was ever finished. We had the heads Fantachromed, and I did the hair with a modified wig and hand glued hair. I did all the paint and blood work following Dana's coaching.

I'll talk more about the other components and progression of the project as this thread develops.

But for now, the pics...

- - - Updated - - -

Some images...

PH T2 001.JPG

PH T2 002.JPG

PH T2 003.JPG

PH T2 005.JPG

PH T2 006.JPG

Last edited:
Re: Planet Hollywood Terminator 2 T-800 Statue Replica

Build thread:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=263982&page=6

In response to a question, the eyebrows, if I recall, were purchased as a product from a beauty supply store. Its been so long, I don't have clear memory, but I think I tried hand gluing first, then discovered the product that I glued on. Of course, lots of research and study of Arnold himself, and how eyebrows grow and lay...

The chest plate was a fairly rare piece.

QuartZ sculpted the flesh on top of a resin cast of the endo chest piece. He molded it and pulled casts for he and I, DBlank if I recall, and maybe a couple more. Most home-made statues (such as Steve's) use a different chest piece of which I do not know the heritage.

On the actual PH statues, I was always intriqued by the depth and detail of the flesh at the bottom of the chest piece. Dana's sculpt was a bit shallow at the bottom, so I added some thickness and detail with some red tinted Sculpey.

Last edited:

QuartZ and I also had the chest pieces Fantachromed.

I poured my own cast and made the cast VERY thick and heavy. I had to use a belt sander and Dremel to remove a couple pounds of resin.

I painted the piece in 2017 - about 10-15 years after the head. Matching the color tones was tricky.

It is screwed directly onto the mannequin

The knee was made by DBlank and is ubiquitous. Same knee on virtually all home made statues.

To me it always seemed too straight, so I cut mine into two pieces and created a slight bend. Also had to re-mount it since I had it too high the first time.

The knee was made by DBlank and is ubiquitous. Same knee on virtually all home made statues.

To me it always seemed too straight, so I cut mine into two pieces and created a slight bend. Also had to re-mount it since I had it too high the first time.

Wow. What a display piece. I never knew the story behind your screen name.

Hope all is well!!!!

Killer project. Came out fantastic!

I've been thinking about doing a Stage 5 bust lately. Such a classic design.

What a great Lifesize! I'd be very interested in reading about the Planet Hollywood fall, and its collections it had, super intriguing stuff it seems.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back