Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

cavx No I don't own ant Cannon products. China is not known for producing high quality electronics or having high standards for quality control or even decent work environments. Now throw in that any company that sells knock-off products is PROBABLY not going to invest a ton into a product that can't be really sold worldwide and has a great potential to be shut down at any moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, here's the game plan. I'm gonna mail all 6 gears to a gear workshop out of state. They'll reverse engineer them and make CAD models. Then, I'll order 2 of each to be made out of a stronger metal, not sure what metal I'll use yet. Once I get the gears back, I'll install them, and mail everything to professorsneakers, where he'll fix them for $80

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

@cavx No I don't own ant Cannon products. China is not known for producing high quality electronics or having high standards for quality control or even decent work environments. Now throw in that any company that sells knock-off products is PROBABLY not going to invest a ton into a product that can't be really sold worldwide and has a great potential to be shut down at any moment.

Do they get shut down or do they just go quiet and relocate? China is not like the western world. The rules seem very different there. Patents pretty much don't exist and are certainly not worth the paper they are printed on. If a Chinese company wants to copy something, they do.

I won't argue about the shoes, but you seriously need to look into OPPO and ROTEL if you want paint Chinese made electronics with the crap brush. OPPO was an LA based company who is now 100% Chinese. Their first product was a DVD player in 2003 for just $350USD that could do everything that the Pioneer 969 could do, and did it for 1/10 the price. It got the worlds attention and they went from strength to strength with their Blu-ray players and even their phones (mobiles and headphones) are really good. Today they produce the worlds best Blu-ray / UHD Disc players. Everything they have made has stirred the industry and raised the bar. They have the most amazing customer service and they are the ONLY BD player in the world to have passed the 60 bench tests by THX. I got to meet a rep in 2010 and he said that they won't get certified because they know that pushes their price up and they are better than the THX certified Onkyo that didn't pass all 60 bench tests.

Pretty much every Japanese electronics company (and Marty was right in 1985/1955 to say that the best electronics) came from Japan. Japan outpriced itself and now get their stuff made in either China, Malaysia or Thailand? Companies (SONY, Yamaha, Panasonic to name just a few) simply moved west. Panasonic did their best to stay in Japan with Plasma, even they had to fold and their main competitor was Korean. They have set up their factories and they supervise the work of their products in the mainland . Their products are good.

These shoe? Well yeah. The materials on the V3 MAGs seem to be very good, probably as good as any genuine NIKE shoe. It is the electronics that suck. Not just the components, but the thin wires and bad batteries and now of course, these mechanics in these V4 shoes are just a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps some reverse engineering with better materials of these gear assemblies could be done and sold as kits to retrofit normal V3.1s into V4s.

From the limited images I have seen on an opened V4, the construction of the upper (the way it attached to the mid-sole) and the mid-sole itself is different. There is an extra recess to house this crap gear box.

OK so my QC pictures finally came:
IMG_6871.JPGIMG_6872.JPGIMG_6873.JPGIMG_6874.JPGIMG_6875.JPGIMG_6876.JPG

I immediately replied saying the soles dont match. What else do you guys see. I also see the swoosh is dirty and the placement of them on each shoe is different.

Thanks doe the help!

One of those is an old version V3 and the other is a V3.1 - note the topmost colour of the LEDs on each shoe.
The one with the yellower sole is from the first batch they made, the other from the newer batch.
You need to ask them for a different pair altogether.

Anyone here that's knowledgeable about gears and metal, what metal should the new gears be made out of? Something durable, and heat resistant / heat treated. I was told titanium, but it's also a bit brittle

Anyone here that's knowledgeable about gears and metal, what metal should the new gears be made out of? Something durable, and heat resistant / heat treated. I was told titanium, but it's also a bit brittle

Steel would probably be good. Most car transmissions have steel gears. Best to go with stainless since it is resistant to corrosion from moisture.

Steel would probably be good. Most car transmissions have steel gears. Best to go with stainless since it is resistant to corrosion from moisture.
Thanks. I just looked and they have over 50 different kinds of stainless steel types. Looks like I have some more research to do

To anyone who has the legit 2011 NIKE MAGs

What does the dvd have on it

It had Mark Parker and MJF thanking you for being apart of the Parkinson's foundation and showed the original video of the shoes. Basically the GIF everyone knows about. It was probably less than 10 mins long from what I remember, it was so long ago when I had a RD pair.

Last edited by a moderator:

What about brass? Stainless would be good if you can find them. Nylon is just soft. What are the ones in the actual shoe made from?

If I had access to them, I would mold and cast in epoxy as that stuff is hard as heck after post curing.

What about brass? Stainless would be good if you can find them. Nylon is just soft. What are the ones in the actual shoe made from?

If I had access to them, I would mold and cast in epoxy as that stuff is hard as heck after post curing.
Would CAD models help? And the gears are most likely Nylon

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back