Ryan Gosling 'K' - Blade Runner 2049!

I believe this is because the holster is a complete "shoulder holster system". OR, on his left is a single shoulder holster and on the right is a simple tie-down (normally used for mag pouches). I personally believe they modeled the holster off of a similar one to the middle picture, i.e. a single shoulder with suspender.

Shoulder System.gif Single w Suspender.jpg Tie-Down.jpg

Just a reminder that these are the incorrect model. The screen accurate ones are the 8 inch. GQ and other articles even have it listed as the 6 inch as well so I can only imagine how many people bought the inaccurate pair.

Just a reminder that these are the incorrect model. The screen accurate ones are the 8 inch model. GQ and other articles even have it listed as the 6 inch as well so I can only imagine how many people bought the inaccurate pair.
There's also a wide version for those with wider feet

Thanks! It’s very warm and comfortable. I found it on Poshmark. It’s made by American Eagle. Abercrombie and Hollister have similar styles but they look more military.

Hi folks, new user here, I've been following this thread with interest for a while since seeing the movie and just thought i'd register. Also obsessed with that jacket!

I've been on the hunt for something similar to the jacket but very tempted by one of the more expensive replicas!

I think the thing i like most about it is that it's not symmetrical. I ended buying a black fake leather jacket with offset collars because of this but now want more.

A few people posted links to other jackets that may be similar so thought i'd share one too. Lots of nice big jackets with fur lined collars here https://www.manieredevoir.com/collections/mens-jackets they are based in the uk though, where I am. There is even a jacket i think is a bit like Roy Batty's from the first film!

Look forward to seeing more jackets and replicas from you guys!

Hi folks, new user here, I've been following this thread with interest for a while since seeing the movie and just thought i'd register. Also obsessed with that jacket!

I've been on the hunt for something similar to the jacket but very tempted by one of the more expensive replicas!

I think the thing i like most about it is that it's not symmetrical. I ended buying a black fake leather jacket with offset collars because of this but now want more.

A few people posted links to other jackets that may be similar so thought i'd share one too. Lots of nice big jackets with fur lined collars here https://www.manieredevoir.com/collections/mens-jackets they are based in the uk though, where I am. There is even a jacket i think is a bit like Roy Batty's from the first film!

Look forward to seeing more jackets and replicas from you guys!

If you want accuracy Zlurpo's jacket and the Magnoli version are your best bet, both in threads on this forum.
White sheep leather also do a copy which is cheaper but not quite there.

If you want accuracy Zlurpo's jacket and the Magnoli version are your best bet, both in threads on this forum.
White sheep leather also do a copy which is cheaper but not quite there.
I got like 10 direct messages from people ordering from White Sheep with changes, so I'm interested to see how they end up looking in the long run! Apparently they put the diamond liner in now as well

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

I got like 10 direct messages from people ordering from White Sheep with changes, so I'm interested to see how they end up looking in the long run! Apparently they put the diamond liner in now as well

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

WSL's version is VERY good considering the price, and as you say, if they can add those extra missing details it'll be up there with the other copies :)

As all the options get closer to the same coat, the deciding factor for me is: which jacket will work best as an ACTUAL jacket? I’m really wanting to use this every day....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As all the options get closer to the same coat, the deciding factor for me is: which jacket will work best as an ACTUAL jacket? I’m really wanting to use this every day....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't speak for the others, but I've been wearing my Magnoli on the daily and its been great. Amazingly tailored and crafted and the waxed finish has proven really really effective against the elements.

For anybody in the UK looking for trousers and a jumper, have a look at George at Asda. They have a line of Boston Crew chinos very similar to the ones seen in the picture of Gosling sat on the set with Villenueve in very dark brown
https://direct.asda.com/george/men/trousers/boston-crew-belted-chinos/GEM579818,default,pd.html
There's other colours too - khaki, tan burgundy. If you are going to check them out in the shop be careful as they have a similar range with the same colours but with more skinny jeans-like cut with less accurate jeans-style riveted pockets.

They also have some textured-knit jumpers similar to the black flecked ones used in the costume displays at the premiere (which seem to be different to the screen used ones).
https://direct.asda.com/george/men/...l-neck-jumper-black/GEM556765,default,pd.html
It's not the best picture to see the texture, but look at the other colours and you can see they have that same honeycomb knitpattern. The white flecks aren't as prominent as in the website pictures either.

Last edited:

Magnoli's and mine should both work as very real jackets. Mine has quilted lining everywhere it doesn't have fur, including in the sleeves.

Just got back from seeing the movie again, so I'm going to get everythin out of my head before I forget it all

So for the sweater/shirt, it makes sense for there to be two different types because after K's encounter with Sapper, he mentions to Joi that he thinks he ruined his shirt. Probably referring to the black sweater. And a lot of the pictures we were going off of are from K's baseline test, which is just after the Sapper scene.

Holster: suspender definitely seems to only be on the one side, and the patterned material looks a lot like​ a tighter version of the material harrypotterfan put in his jacket. Also still not really sure how the metal half ring that seems to hold the gun in place works.

Coat colour: of course we know the coat is green from dialogue in the movie, and from scenes/pictures. And from what I've seen of Magnoli's green coat, that colour looks awesome. We also know that for a lot of the movie the coat looks really dark, almost black. But this time around I realized that the coat looks quite blue in a lot of scenes. So maybe for those who are making the coat, a very dark blue version might look really nice.

Gloves: seem to just be your​ standard leather gloves, but with the cut out/slit thingy along the wrist area.

Also: the movie is still awesome after seeing it 5 times

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from seeing the movie again, so I'm going to get everythin out of my head before I forget it all

So for the sweater/shirt, it makes sense for there to be two different types because after K's encounter with Sapper, he mentions to Joi that he thinks he ruined his shirt. Probably referring to the black sweater. And a lot of the pictures we were going off of are from K's baseline test, which is just after the Sapper scene.

Holster: suspender definitely seems to only be on the one side, and the patterned material looks a lot like​ a tighter version of the material @harrypotterfan put in his jacket. Also still not really sure how the metal half ring that seems to hold the gun in place works.

Coat colour: of course we know the coat is green from dialogue in the movie, and from scenes/pictures. And from what I've seen of Magnoli's green coat, that colour looks awesome. We also know that for a lot of the movie the coat looks really dark, almost black. But this time around I realized that the coat looks quite blue in a lot of scenes. So maybe for those who are making the coat, a very dark blue version might look really nice.

Gloves: seem to just be your​ standard leather gloves, but with the cut out/slit thingy along the wrist area.

Also: the movie is still awesome after seeing it 5 times
It wouldn't surprise me if the rest of K's wardrobe was custom made for the film. But since the boots are from a real brand it would seem possible that the sweaters, chinos and gloves would be as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back