Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Should have clarified the terminology I am using:

P08 for Pistol of 1908 = 4" barrel
Navy = 6" barrel, used for this blaster
Artillery = 8" barrel

Gotcha. WE-Tech calls all of their airsoft pistols of this style the "P08" and then defines the barrel length afterwards.

http://www.weairsoft.com/guns/gas-blowback-guns/pistols/we-p08-series.html

The 4 inch has a fixed rear sight which is incorrect.
The 6 inch has the correct adjustable rear sight.
The 8 inch has the rear sight on the barrel (again, incorrect).

Here is a REALLY good shot 1) verifying the model and 2) showing where the production ground down the back of the rear sight, again, presumably so the rifle stock would fit over this area (which is also why they notched the sides.

Also, note the on the far side, you can see the barrel sticking out from under the receiver mount which gives you an idea of how the barrel was notched to try to acomodate those very tight tolerances s2jesse was talking about previously.

star-wars-rogue-one-jyn-erso-a180-cut-down-rear-sight.jpg

Last edited:
After studying the first test print, I have gone back and reworked a great deal of the model... now at Ver 45. It probably doesn't look all that much different, but from tip to receiver, almost every part has been tweaked and adjusted. I also completely changed the way the barrel works. Previously I had a thin outer barrel and another inner barrel along with the barrel tip. Now I just have the outer barrel and a longer barrel tip that extends back to cover the barrel vent holes. I still don't quite understand that relationship, because it still seems to me that the barrel thins out internally at some point which is weird, but hat is what I have done as well.

I have also accepted that my model isn't ever going to look exactly like the original since I am not willing to offset the a180 barrel from the p08 barrel... although I did make a number of mods which should minimize the difference. Off for round 2 of printing!

jyn-erso-a180-version-45.JPG

I have learned something new with Shapeways... may be common knowledge, but I didn't know it. If you have a model with multiple parts, it is better to send as many parts in one upload as possible, as opposed to putting up each part individually. As long as the parts aren't touching, they will be printed separately, but the price different can be as much as 20% cheaper when you lump parts into one file.

Will this final version be available on shapeways for us to purchase?

Since so many people have asked, but I don't want to sell myself, yes, I believe I'll just put it up on Shapeways if anyone wants a printed version. I will say again though that I am building this with the intent of making it in metal and am only printing in 3D for test fitting purposes.

Since so many people have asked, but I don't want to sell myself, yes, I believe I'll just put it up on Shapeways if anyone wants a printed version. I will say again though that I am building this with the intent of making it in metal and am only printing in 3D for test fitting purposes.

Just wondering what 3D printer do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So looks like Armor Works is doing one of these, built from the correct WE luger... thoughts on accuracy?

https://www.evike.com/products/77774/

aw-blaster.jpg

aw-blaster-2.jpg

Things that jump out at first glance:
-No paint to speak of, and has the Battlefront-only sling swivel
-Doesn't look like they've added the milled rifle connector area on the back or knocked down the point below the rear sight. No mods to the airsoft at all actually apart from maybe the mounting screws?
-Bracket seems a little too squared off as it goes over the top of the blaster, with incorrect screws on the round portion
-No support/spacer piece under the bracket between the grip and rail

Well, I think this is the prop that's finally pushing me over the edge. I just wrapped up my latest machining projects, and have been looking for something new to work on. Do we have any dimensional technical drawings already put together of individual components?

My AW conversion parts arrived today -- they turned out pretty nicely. Some obvious inaccuracies as we saw from the preview images but I think many will be fixable. The parts fit the WE airsoft like a glove!

It's a little funny that the packaging labels it as "machined precisely from high-grade metal"... While the fit is very very good, the bulk of the parts are clearly die-cast, not machined. Possibly the barrel tip and/or the portion of the barrel with the six holes is machined (or cast and then threaded for the barrel tip), but it's hard to tell. There is a sort of clear coat over the metal for a uniform and non-tarnishing finish.

AW Jyn Erso conversion parts

(lower left): To fit the barrel shroud you need to remove the orange barrel tip and the front sight. The sight is held on by just a bit of glue and an exacto blade pressed into the seam between the barrel and base of the sight popped it off with barely any effort.

(lower middle): There is a hole for a screw at the lower rear of the blade that should provide some good additional reinforcement.

(lower right): The right side of the barrel shroud bracket is unfortunately a mirror of the left and includes the inaccurate Battlefront detail. It will be interesting to try and grind this flat.

AW Jyn Erso conversion parts

Overall very pleased with the parts :)

I ordered just some parts and they came, but on another order I had the pre-order Luger on there and that has not arrived.

I fitted it on a 4" barrel AW blow back and it fits great! pretty impressive how the hole thing stays on tight, with just one screw, the rest are mostly there for looks I guess, but the side screws look to be too long and probably need to be shortened.

I received my conversion kit today... I must say it's really well designed... The inaccuracies are disappointing, but it's still gorgeous!!

Removing the front sight is very easily... I used some pliers to wiggle it back and forth a few times and it popped right off...

I'm interested to see the results achieved by machining / sanding down the inaccurate sides... I may wait on paint / weathering until I see that...

BTW anyone know what the 2 screw sizes are ? I need to drill and tap the holes and replace the smaller screws on the top with more accurate screws...

Last edited:
I wasn't planning to drill into the gun, the side screws aren't necessary at all to secure the conversion parts. They hold tight with just one of the top screws. That way the gun undernieth is still totally intact. I'm going to shorten the side screws and glue them in. The whole thing is plug and play until you get to the side screws. In my opinion they could have just molded those right into the design.

Last edited:
I have also accepted that my model isn't ever going to look exactly like the original since I am not willing to offset the a180 barrel from the p08 barrel... although I did make a number of mods which should minimize the difference. Off for round 2 of printing!
Hi, did you ever upload these to Shapeways for printing?

I bought a file from CGTrader but its not accurate at all.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back