Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

I just want to ask one thing. I try to make this Wolverine cowl.

wolverine.jpg

I made it 3 times from cardboard and now I want to make it from eva foam. But I want to learn one thing. Upper side of cowl about 6 parts but I want to make it look like one piece. How can I make that? Also I think about using leathering methods I learned from Youtube to eva foam for looks like it more leather. If you guys can give me an idea or way to do what I want, I'll be really glad. Thanks for reading.

I don't think Vanson were ever in the running to make the DOFP for Dan.......He got the prototypes done by another company, and I think the intention was to run with them, once the new brand kicked off, and if DOFP jackets were to be offered.....Vanson, as far as I know, weren't being asked to make the DOFP for Dan.....

Actually, last I spoke to Dan about the DOFP jacket (back in June), he said that he wasn't going to get any more of the import version of that jacket and won't have any for sale until Vanson has the jacket finalized.... That was 5-6 months ago though, so things might have changed since then.

Actually, last I spoke to Dan about the DOFP jacket (back in June), he said that he wasn't going to get any more of the import version of that jacket and won't have any for sale until Vanson has the jacket finalized.... That was 5-6 months ago though, so things might have changed since then.

I emailed several Vanson employees when I was trying to reach Dan regarding that jacket, even the n°2 of Vanson, and none of them ever heard about that jacket and never made it for Dan and Logan's Closet....that's what they all answered to me !!!

Yeah, I knew the foreign company wouldn't be used.....Dan mentioned the issues he had with working with them, and that he'd wanted to get it done in the U.S., which made sense, but I wasn't aware, and he never said that Vanson would do it....And since he'd mentioned trying to find other companies, outside of Vanson, to handle some of his projects, I assumed that Vanson weren't in the running for the DOFP project........

It's a hard one to do, since it requires a lot of changes to the basic jacket designs they run with now.....Keeping those going (The X men versions up to now haven't been remarkably different jackets in build, only slight changes in design) is easy, but adding in a whole new one? I'd thought would be a pain to a company like Vanson, so I could see why they'd not want to run with it......

That said, Vanson not knowing about it doesn't mean much...There's probably quite a lot that gets thrown out as "options", and until it's finalised, they can't know for sure anyway....

The last I'd heard, Vanson wasn't going to do it, but if Dan has Vanson in line to make them? I'd be up for one........Big "if", but if so, that's good news to hear.

If you want it to look like a smooth 1 piece than you should fiberglass it. There are tons of tutorials on how to put fiberglass resin and bondo body filler on it to make them look smooth and made of fiberglass, real good quality. Not sure if that is what you are looking for.
I just want to ask one thing. I try to make this Wolverine cowl.

View attachment 563433

I made it 3 times from cardboard and now I want to make it from eva foam. But I want to learn one thing. Upper side of cowl about 6 parts but I want to make it look like one piece. How can I make that? Also I think about using leathering methods I learned from Youtube to eva foam for looks like it more leather. If you guys can give me an idea or way to do what I want, I'll be really glad. Thanks for reading.

Well my DOFP jacket is on its way from Pakistan.....................In Germany now, I'll have it by next week. Stay tuned...

In OTHER news, got an email from James of Logans Closet, he's gonna give me an update on the vanson project in a few days.

I'm not taking anymore pics of this because of how pissed I am about this jacket. My Pakistan made jacket came in today...My review...It is complete s***...From fit to color. The dye job to the jacket itself is horrid! There's streaks of dye showing and not to mention parts of the jacket that aren't even dyed!. The lining itself is heavier than the "leather" on the outside. My recommendations? Don't buy any jackets from thejacketmaker. They're overseas pieces of garbage and will be getting my money back. Not even worth 50 bucks in my opinion which is why I'm going to take back my statement about this being the best DOFP jacket on the market now, because its not. It looks great in the pictures because they pinned the baggy areas back. I could fit small children in the sleeves. Looks like Wested is the only and best reliable source out there for this jacket. Avoid these people at all costs.
7729260f-f9a0-4274-afe4-f408db7d7855.jpg

Honestly, the Heron jacket was not so bad....too long but if Heron's guys wish to answer your questions (!!!) you could have a custom size order and the jacket would fit fine....if they answer.....
To have had both jackets (Wested and Heron / Best Jackets), Heron was best designed in many areas but....too long, as was the Wested BTW !!!

I'm not taking anymore pics of this because of how pissed I am about this jacket. My Pakistan made jacket came in today...My review...It is complete s***...From fit to color. The dye job to the jacket itself is horrid! There's streaks of dye showing and not to mention parts of the jacket that aren't even dyed!. The lining itself is heavier than the "leather" on the outside. My recommendations? Don't buy any jackets from thejacketmaker. They're overseas pieces of garbage and will be getting my money back. Not even worth 50 bucks in my opinion which is why I'm going to take back my statement about this being the best DOFP jacket on the market now, because its not. It looks great in the pictures because they pinned the baggy areas back. I could fit small children in the sleeves. Looks like Wested is the only and best reliable source out there for this jacket. Avoid these people at all costs.
View attachment 564919

Sorry that I was right......Jacket wise though, I'm sometimes worth listening to.....In general.....I had bad feelings about their jacket, and mentioned those before...I'm sorry to see I was right, but not surprised....Like I said a few posts back, Wested are decent, and the best out there now, until Dan gets his line sorted out...Which may still happen..

Sorry dude....There's so many bastardly ****e jacket makers out there...

Well that sucks! That site looked legit but now I'll have to unlike their FB page. So a custom fit from Wested is the way to go huh?

Hey check this out, just for kicks I made a lil pic to see how the jacket would look with a more "traditional" collar:
IMG_20151212_124245.jpg

Hi again. I need to ask one more thing. I finished build my Wolverine cowl from EVA foam. Before painting it I need to learn one more thing. I used hot glue for stick foam pieces together. But in many places hot glue overflow from out of the cowl. So, how can I clean them from surface? Any idea?

Anyone know were to get the blue/yellow compression shirt/vest that Logan weares under the DOTFP-Armour?? Or something similar?
SSHOT902281_5.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back