FINISHED (see pg 21) WIP - BTTF - Nike Air Mag

Jedifyfe, how much bigger is the RD weave compared to the V2 fabric?
I've been searching for a big weave fabric the past few years, closest I can get is this
20151209_112755.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you knw the name of this fabric in French and/or English ? Do you know where I could get this in Canada or USA ?

Ok, thought so. I found a super big knit but it was thick like sweat shirt/pants, if it were on a shoe they'd look like slippers lol

DragonGalvy, I like searching EVERYWHERE for fabrics lol. sports sections always have good performance tees, this a performance tee from Shopko, I also found an upholstery foam with fabric attached already, and that looks close to the V2 fabric. I either need a swatch or take my shoe to the store to compare how close it is
IMG_20151209_142129.jpg
IMG_20151209_142157.jpg

that material is actually looking pretty good, where can you get that from? It might work for fixing the 'ears' on the V2s so they look more like the RDs - another member did it sucessfully here with a darker grey stuff.
I was thinking the same thing :D

Ok, I probably won't get the V1 I wanted, so I won't have a "mag sole" on this project :(

So, I'm looking forward to adapt something...
Mag-Custom Zoom Hyperdunk 15.jpg Mag-Custom Kobe.jpg Mag-Custom Kobe Low.jpg

Mag-Custom Kobe High.jpg Mag-Custom Kobe Elite Low.jpg Mag-Custom Hurache.jpg

:rolleyes

Ok, I probably won't get the V1 I wanted, so I won't have a "mag sole" on this project :(

So, I'm looking forward to adapt something...
View attachment 565033 View attachment 565032 View attachment 565031

View attachment 565030 View attachment 565029 View attachment 565028

:rolleyes
those kobe 9 soles (2 top right, and 2 bottom left) give a close look to the "mag sole," and you can find them for fairly cheap, for the donor sole. I even think you could be able to add the el panels, by removing the plastic/carbon fiber shank plate.

Last edited:
those kobe 9 soles (2 top left, and 2 bottom right) give a close look to the "mag sole," and you can find them for fairly cheap, for the donor sole. I even think you could be able to add the el panels, by removing the plastic/carbon fiber shank plate.
Yes, I really like thoses ones, and the 1st top left.

Where do you think I can find them for cheap ? What is the donor sole ?
I'm not sure about the possibility of adding EL panels, they don't look thick enough.

the ones in the middle look pretty good, I'm surprised the hyperdunk (top left) works though - that shoe on its own looks really bad. Here's a cheap one of them you could pull a sole from for your project. When you are adding a sole from something else for your project, it's called a 'donor' sole for your shoe. You may not have heard the term before, it's most often used replacing a crumbled sole from an original shoe with a retro or replica. (usually from the same model, so the original one looks like it used to - i've only done this once, it was incredibly time consuming and easier to just buy the retro)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High...036651.html?spm=2114.031010208.6.5.oH6hjJ&s=p

Yes, I really like thoses ones, and the 1st top left.

Where do you think I can find them for cheap ? What is the donor sole ?
I'm not sure about the possibility of adding EL panels, they don't look thick enough.
I just meant donor, as in you are "donating/sacrificing" the sole of the shoe for the mags; and you can find them on ebay for an ok price (as low as $30-$70) depending on the condition you buy them, you might also be able to find them in some sneaker stores on clearance

DragonGalvy : I think I got the idea, I wasn't familiar with this concept in sneakers. Do you think I can trust this website on those shoe ?
krispikarim : thanks for the info, I've looked on ebay but didn't found anything. Is there a special keyword to find sacrificial shoe ? Or a website that sells some models ?

@RVLF yeah, when you search for it, the model i was talking about was the kobe 9, so when you search,you can just use "kobe 9" , because that is the name of the sneaker with that sole. When you search you are gonna have to "refine" the search price, so that it shows you the cheap ones

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 96
@DragonGalvy : I think I got the idea, I wasn't familiar with this concept in sneakers. Do you think I can trust this website on those shoe ?

I have bought a couple of things from AliExpress now like watches Marty hat and other things and I just ordered the SPORT version of the MAG today and so far everything I ordered has arrived. I think you will be fine.

I have just been able to remove the yellow rubber soles from my extra set of V1's - I will replace it with black pyramid mat and repaint the heel so it's all just black and white. :)

Last edited:
Mine is thick but it is extensible. And the color is not so far from the rd i guess as it is lighter than the HCs. I'll see if I use this for another project.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back