Planet Explorer

+1, and the internal details amaze me everytime i see them..

Our hopes are with you regarding the primer Katsu-san.. She is ready for it..

Jim

I never get tired of seeing that retractable platform in all its stages of operation. It really is incredible.

+1, and the internal details amaze me everytime i see them..

Our hopes are with you regarding the primer Katsu-san.. She is ready for it..

Jim

Tom-san, Jim-san,

Thanks to your constant and strong support, I could reach this point.
Still I have to take care some issues but they will be fun to think and build.

I will post soon.

Thank you very much.

katsu

The tower looks great Katsu-san..
I love the lighting and the Airscoop is amazing. :) :) :) :) :)

Maybe you can add some floodlights/searchlights for some directed lighting when needed..

Keep up the good work.
Jim..

There are so many fantastic builds happening on the RPF but I think yours are the most fun to watch over time. This little detail made me laugh:

"I put a small inner hatch bottom inside. It's completely invisible. (What am I doing?)."

Now that's dedication! And beautiful hibachi, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the lights, I love the tower. If I were the vehicle commander, I'd want to start the morning standing up there with my tea/coffee/hot chocolate.

The tower looks great Katsu-san..
I love the lighting and the Airscoop is amazing. :) :) :) :) :)

Maybe you can add some floodlights/searchlights for some directed lighting when needed..

Keep up the good work.
Jim..

Thanks for looking, Jim-san and you gave me a good idea now.
I'm going to shop around for a tiny bright LED key chain for the flood/searchlight.
Explorer should equip those.

There are so many fantastic builds happening on the RPF but I think yours are the most fun to watch over time. This little detail made me laugh:

"I put a small inner hatch bottom inside. It's completely invisible. (What am I doing?)."

Now that's dedication! And beautiful hibachi, by the way.

Thank you very much for your comment, Dem Bones-san,

Also the hatch has a tiny wheel handle and is able to open/close with a tiny brass hinge and there is a spiral staircase below.:facepalm
It's true. I forgot to take a picture.:facepalm:facepalm

And thanks for mentioning about my hibachi. I'm surprised that many of you know well about those old Japanese things.

You keep coming up with such great ideas. I love that tower. It adds so much character.

I love the lights, I love the tower. If I were the vehicle commander, I'd want to start the morning standing up there with my tea/coffee/hot chocolate.

Thank you, Randy-san,Tom-san.

While I was building this, I was recalling the one scene of that movie, Crimson Tide.
Before the skipper and X.O dive into the ocean, they lit the cigar and talk each other in the early morning sunlight.
It would be only a handful of elected person can stand on that place. It might be one of the place top of the world.
That was a very impressive scene.

Hot chocolate? OK, OK:lol

Katsu

Last edited by a moderator:
Stunning, as ever, Katsu-san!

As usual, I'm sad that one of your builds is coming to an end, but excited as I wonder what will be next!

:S

I think it would look great in all white with orange and teal stripes. Like '70s retro, you know?
With some kind of mission patch/logo on the side somewhere.
But I'm sure whatever Katsu-san decides on it will look brilliant.
This is my favorite model EVER!

Last edited:
Stunning, as ever, Katsu-san!

As usual, I'm sad that one of your builds is coming to an end, but excited as I wonder what will be next!

:S

Thanks for looking , Doc,
It took long time but thanks to your support, the finish line is in sight.
Oh, yes, I have a wish list for the next build.
Star battle ship or future sub (cutaway model)
The model I built this time has some detailed interior and moving part. So I could learn a lot about those things.
I wish it woul be a good experience for the next build.
Now I know, putting up a ot of these WIP photo is not only for sharing but for memorandom for my self.

Katsu-san

Stunning my friend , just stunning

Getting close to paint

Any thoughts about colour?

Gag

I think it would look great in all white with orange and teal stripes. Like '70s retro, you know?
With some kind of mission patch/logo on the side somewhere.
But I'm sure whatever Katsu-san decides on it will look brilliant.
This is my favorite model EVER!

Wow,thank you, Gag-san and Axlotl-san.

This time, I desided the color scheme already.
It would be with some thick pannel lines on a basic white with some stripes.
As Axlotl-san said, kind of retro NASA style would be fit for this.

I'm working on some detailing for some rough parts here and there with some greeblies.
It would be a boring picture.

Wish I could post some 'primered photo' next time.

Thanks!

katsu

Hi friends,

That was a busy and stressful week.
In fact my wife is in a hospital now.
Her company's annual health check found her colorectal tumor a few month ago.
The doctor said that is a large one but not a malignant.
So she had a surgery on October first.
Thanks to the early warning and skillful doctor, now she is in a recovery and looking great. Maybe she can make home next week. I'm really relieved.

OK,

A few progress here.

My friend Caretaker10 suggested me to fix a search light for this vehicle. That was a great idea and I started to make one.
He is really my caretaker.

I went to a dollar shop and found some small LED lights. Here it is.

What a wonderful world I live.
It cost me one dollar for one.

I separated it in two parts.
Light and battery housing and set them on a gun turret parts so that I can change battery later.
Also the screw of the battery housing is holding a upper and lower turret parts tightly

I fixed a small switch inside.

That's enough.

Then I grooved some notches on the stack of thin sheet plastic strips with a circle saw.

Then I put them on the roof. I put another plastic strips on them and made L beam rail.

Then I put the search light on the rail.

Well, this is the Movable Auto Tracking Smart Searchlight.

I thought it may need some searchlights here and there but I don't like to make it looks busy with many of them. So I've come up with this idea.

Detailing for rear end.

Thank you very much for looking.

Katsu

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back