"The Orville". A Seth McFarlane Space Adventure on Fox

I busted out laughing when the captain and John were shown after getting out of 2D space with huge bloody tissues hanging from their noses.

A very good episode and a nice way to end the season. I was really worried there for a while that they might pull a Star Trek and have a 2 parter that you have to wait until next season to see what happened.

A very good episode and a nice way to end the season. I was really worried there for a while that they might pull a Star Trek and have a 2 parter that you have to wait until next season to see what happened.

As I understand it, it was going to be a two-parter but what was going to be the S1 finale is going to be episode 1 of S2.

Ok ep, but never let your audience get ahead of you. It was tedious waiting for the characters to figure out the obvious. Granted, it's because I've seen a lot of sci fi, perhaps in real life people would be less prone to jump to "time runs differently when they're in the other universe" conclusions. I had the same problem with the Agents of SHIELD premiere. "You're in the future, dumb bums."

Very GR concept in the final act, have faith that reason will prevail. If only.

Going back to last week: so they left that cargo of weapons for the Krill to pick up?

I started working on my blaster...I'll be posting a thread in the correct sub-forum, but thought you guys might like to see it.

***EDIT***

I'm not sure why the picture is upside down...

Attachments

• IMG_6995.JPG
    IMG_6995.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
On another web site, someone pointed out that the raygun looks like a Christmas Tree bulb tester they saw in a store's Christmas section. My Mom has been getting a lot of catalogs, and in one of them there is a set of kids walkie-talkies that have the same shape as "The Orivlle" com-scanner. I don't think that the prop was made from the toy, which has an antenna and buttons. But was funny to see.

Have you noticed that in these shows, when people go exploring that, except for their rayguns and radios, they never carry any gear or supplies? No food, water, binoculars, cameras, knives, First-aide kits, ect.. They never even have wilderness clothing. The only exception I can think of was the Star Gate shows.

David.

You know what is a bit crazy? The fact that every 11 days they can witness a civilization in ANOTHER UNIVERSE evolve 700 years.

Think about what that means for a second. It's a bit crazy. Basically, they are looking at a time machine that looks into the future.

That's a story that needs to be returned to.

Now, if this were the Stargate universe, they would use this plot point as an access to a much larger threat to the universe

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

On another web site, someone pointed out that the raygun looks like a Christmas Tree bulb tester they saw in a store's Christmas section. My Mom has been getting a lot of catalogs, and in one of them there is a set of kids walkie-talkies that have the same shape as "The Orivlle" com-scanner. I don't think that the prop was made from the toy, which has an antenna and buttons. But was funny to see.

Have you noticed that in these shows, when people go exploring that, except for their rayguns and radios, they never carry any gear or supplies? No food, water, binoculars, cameras, knives, First-aide kits, ect.. They never even have wilderness clothing. The only exception I can think of was the Star Gate shows.

David.

My wife thinks that the healing device seen in the season finale looks like a forehead thermometer. So, if anyone is looking to make one of those they should start by checking out forehead thermometers first.

Just on episode 10... haven’t read passed that in this thread, but want to throw out there that I absolutely love this show and it’s the first “Trek” I’ve enjoyed since TNG back in its original run.

i mean I even like this more. But then I don’t have a hate-on for McFarlane... I actually like a lot of what he does.

Because it immediately followed in a 30 minute timeslot and was routinely pushed completely out of it's slot or not shown to make up the difference.

Dec 30th will be their final game of the season, so, it's a ONE TIME issue for the timing to be off. Worst case 2-3 weeks of a 12 (or hopefully more) episode season. Depends on how the playoffs air. Fox almost guaranteed won't have late games on sunday all 3 weeks. It won't be 12ish weeks that Futurama dealt with for the whole season. Not close. Its them trying to provide a lead in for the show that has a large audience. No more, no less.

Granted, it IS Fox. A box of rocks knows more about sci-fi than Fox, but still.

I just noticed this week that they are rerunning it on FOX on Friday nights. I wish I had known that. I didn't save my original DVR recordings and have been wanting to rewatch the show. But it's already up to episode 8.

Friday night is not really a big tv watching night for me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back