D.C.'s The Flash (tv series)

But they've already said that EVERY OTHER EARTH has a Supergirl. So now you have to explain why all of the rest have them and this one doesn't. That's not so easy to explain away. Now of course, there are all kinds of legal reasons why they do the things they do, but those are external to the story and the story has to make sense. It just doesn't. People watching the show don't care about the behind the scenes minutia. That's the difference between good writing and bad writing. Good writing answers the questions. Bad writing makes excuses for them.

They said every other Earth has a Supergirl, yes. However, the when of it is what's up for question.

They said every other Earth has a Supergirl, yes. However, the when of it is what's up for question.

Aren't all of the Earths on the same timeline? Meaning isn't it 2017 everywhere? If Supergirl doesn't show up here until 2020 or whatever, just making up a date, then why would she exist anywhere until 2020, much less everywhere else but here?

The CW team hasn't explained how these things work, therefore I'm assuming they have no idea how they work. It's not my job to come up with explanations, it's their job to tell us how things happen.

But they've already said that EVERY OTHER EARTH has a Supergirl. So now you have to explain why all of the rest have them and this one doesn't. That's not so easy to explain away. Now of course, there are all kinds of legal reasons why they do the things they do, but those are external to the story and the story has to make sense. It just doesn't. People watching the show don't care about the behind the scenes minutia. That's the difference between good writing and bad writing. Good writing answers the questions. Bad writing makes excuses for them.

A writer would only need to explain why that single Earth is different, has no Supergirl. Just like how they explain Earth-X. Nazi's won. They don't have to explain why every other Earth is not a Nazi-fantasyland.

Also, I'm not 100% sure I remember them saying every other Earth has a Supergirl. Could you source that?

A writer would only need to explain why that single Earth is different, has no Supergirl. Just like how they explain Earth-X. Nazi's won. They don't have to explain why every other Earth is not a Nazi-fantasyland.

Also, I'm not 100% sure I remember them saying every other Earth has a Supergirl. Could you source that?

It's in the 4-part crossover, they say flat out that there are 52 Supergirls and 53 Earths. Besides, I honestly don't buy all of the alternative history stuff, far too much has turned out virtually identically to our Earth. As someone else said, if the Nazis had been running around for close to a century, it's hard to believe there are many, if any Jews left alive. You'd expect things to be dramatically different, perhaps spectacularly so. That's why I have a problem with most of these alternate universe scenarios, if it's been divergent for any time at all, it should bear very little if any similarities to our own. Would there even be a Star City on Earth X? Would Wells have built S.T.A.R. Labs? Would there have been an explosion? Having the same thing happen identically 52 times or whatever beggars belief.

- - - Updated - - -

Did they say 53 supergirls or was wells correcting the 53 earths?

Without going back to look, I think he said 52 Supergirls but I could be wrong.

There still could be a Kara, though, whether she's on Earth or in a misdirected pod or back on a non-kablooey Krypton...

Aren't all of the Earths on the same timeline? Meaning isn't it 2017 everywhere? If Supergirl doesn't show up here until 2020 or whatever, just making up a date, then why would she exist anywhere until 2020, much less everywhere else but here?

The CW team hasn't explained how these things work, therefore I'm assuming they have no idea how they work. It's not my job to come up with explanations, it's their job to tell us how things happen.

Yes, it's 2017 everywhere, but if everything were identical across all the timelines, all the Earths would also be identical. However, there are differences, as seen in Earth 1 (Arrowverse Earth), 2 (Robert Queen survived and became the Arrow, Zoom raised an army of metahumans, Joe was a nightclub singer and disliked Barry, Iris was a cop and was married to Barry, etc), 3 (where Jay Garrick was Henry Allen's doppelganger and The Flash), 38 (home of Supergirl, Superman, and presumably Batman based on context clues), and X (where the Nazis won WWII and subjugated the world).

Now, these changes are primarily Earth-bound, but there's nothing saying that the changes don't radiate out past Earth. On one Earth, Kara and Clark both could have been knocked off course and stuck in the Phantom Zone. On another, Clark may not have survived his journey to Earth. On another, Krypton never exploded and Kara and Kal are living their lives on Krypton.

Meh...i don't wanna watch him voluntarily sit around in jail for weeks, though.

The court bit was bad. Really bad. Plenty of avenues to argue for him and they did none.

If you thought The Flash was fast, just wait until you see the Judicial system in Central City!!! That murder trial was over and done in -what- twenty minutes?!

Meh...i don't wanna watch him voluntarily sit around in jail for weeks, though.

The court bit was bad. Really bad. Plenty of avenues to argue for him and they did none.

It was terrible, the whole thing was done completely wrong. Plus, in typical DC fashion, they kept talking about things in public areas where anyone could hear them or record them. Why the Flash team don't carry around GoPros and record all of these incriminating conversations, I'll never know. And why the courthouse doesn't have security footage of that conversation between Mrs. Thinker and Iris, I have no clue. It was done so badly, I almost turned it off.

I'm hoping the show doesn't spend too much time focusing on Elongated Man or whatever his name is. I don't care for the character or the actor...little too Jim Carey-ish for my taste. And I agree, the courtroom scenes were a bit ridiculous.

Yes, it's 2017 everywhere, but if everything were identical across all the timelines, all the Earths would also be identical. However, there are differences, as seen in Earth 1 (Arrowverse Earth), 2 (Robert Queen survived and became the Arrow, Zoom raised an army of metahumans, Joe was a nightclub singer and disliked Barry, Iris was a cop and was married to Barry, etc), 3 (where Jay Garrick was Henry Allen's doppelganger and The Flash), 38 (home of Supergirl, Superman, and presumably Batman based on context clues), and X (where the Nazis won WWII and subjugated the world).

Now, these changes are primarily Earth-bound, but there's nothing saying that the changes don't radiate out past Earth. On one Earth, Kara and Clark both could have been knocked off course and stuck in the Phantom Zone. On another, Clark may not have survived his journey to Earth. On another, Krypton never exploded and Kara and Kal are living their lives on Krypton.

Earth 2 also had the "War of the Americas" and while it was 2017 on E2 it was also super 1940's land.
In the multi-verse, I guess we can assume that one world is also the DC movie universe. Easiest way to explain why their Flash and Superman is different.

There could still be an Earth where Teddy Sears "Jay Flash" is a hero and never becomes Zoom.

The problem with the Multi-verse is the limited number. I prefer the Stargate, Doc Brown, Star Trek's theory that each choice is a differing branch in an infinite number of universes.

Last edited:
They did the "Council of Harrisons" AGAIN.

Surely they would've learned their lesson the first time.... I had thought.

SO, SO, TERRIBLE. I can't put into words how much cringe this is. And they did TWO scenes of it this time!

That's strike 2, CW's The Flash.

I'm really at the point where I may drop all of Berlanti's shows after this season, they are all universally terrible, with the possible exception of Legends, which, while it's still terrible, it knows it's terrible and it makes fun of itself.

I just can’t watch this show anymore. It used to be my favorite show, but this season has been so horribly bad. Council of Harry’s? What a painful joke. Flash is utterly useless in a fight, and it feels like each episode is just a rehash of the previous one. And the over-the-top acting of every villain, wait, I mean every new character is embarrassingly bad. What a massive waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back