Most Obscure Star Wars Prop (1977-1983)

Model B is no good? That's definitive?
Yes. I bought an archers torch originally but when I posted on another topic in the off topic threads , I found out I bought the wrong one. I was corrected with a photo. There are a couple that look very close to each other , however the correct one doesn't have model B on it.

Go to the off topic threads and look for a post I started called
Are prop builders a thorn in antique collectors sides. A link with the correct one is there.

Hey Gang! How about Obi-Wan's Backscratcher/Lightsaber Bokken that is hanging on the wall above his Lightsaber Chest?

LIGHTSABER - BOKKEN - BACK SCRATCHER - OBI-WAN KENOBI - 01.jpg

Ok... did not see the date requirements before posting my hand carved Japor Snippet with Jake Lloyd signature. :(

Attachments

• Japor_snippet_signedby_JakeLoyd.jpg
    Japor_snippet_signedby_JakeLoyd.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
I have a red and black pair of these, originals, been sitting on my desk for a few years as I like a bit of retro plastic. Fast-forward a few years, I dropped a paper clip in the thing and had to take it apart to get it out ....and then found the base of the pen-holder was another greeblie. I had given up looking for the base part quite sometime ago LOL!!!

T View attachment 762615
Hard to tell from pics, but what is this from?

- - - Updated - - -

I have a red and black pair of these, originals, been sitting on my desk for a few years as I like a bit of retro plastic. Fast-forward a few years, I dropped a paper clip in the thing and had to take it apart to get it out ....and then found the base of the pen-holder was another greeblie. I had given up looking for the base part quite sometime ago LOL!!!

T View attachment 762615

The movie pics are from the Death Star's bay area, where R2 and 3po are jacking into the DS Internet of Things - and the top right side of the Falcon's canopy. There's a few pen holders in other places such as Ben's cave, there's a white one in there, and a black one in the rebel base. I think there's another base part in the Y-Wing cockpit.

Im always amazed at what they were willing to use to create props from!

View attachment 762614 View attachment 762615

I have a few different Photomultiplier Tubes, can I please ask what were these used for in the original props, thanks for any info...

The inside plates show up as decoration on the Emperor's chair (top above his head) and the ROTJ Bunker bombs. Most famously, they serve as the square grills that pepper Darth Vader's head. Well, the inside. top of the face mask when his helmet is taken off.

You want obscure? How about a prop that never got screen time:

Lando's Falcon hatch remote...

http://www.knowitalljoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Star-Wars-Trilogy-Deleted-Scene-5.jpg

For some reason I was fascinated by this little prop back when it was an accessory with the deleted scene figure a few years back. I think there was some discussion on it but not anything concrete.

I read somewhere it may have been identical to Luke's wrist communicator on Hoth. Just with LEDs? Let me find a pic..

Commpaddetail_preview_featured.jpg
what the hell is that?

I'd still like to know what theE- 11 cylinders are and where they are from.

Dunno about where and what they are for but there was this thread awhile back when replicating them was being researched. The photos no longer work but the link to the PDF still does, hopefully that sheds some light for you.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back