Mace Windu Lightsaber Replica Help Finding Parts

redboi

Hi Everyone! I am designing a Mace Windu Lightsaber Replica and am looking for some help trying to track down some parts I am going to need. One of those is the patterned rubber grips located along the base of the lightsaber and around the top of it as well. Another is the long grip pieces that go around the body of the lightsaber. And lastly, the belt holder or in my case, I am going to use it as a button to activate the lightsaber. I haven't the slightest idea where to look for them and was wondering if I could get a little assistance from people who know more than I do. Thanks everyone! a link to a photo is attached :)https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...aber_DB.png/revision/latest?cb=20160118060234

Last edited by a moderator:
That was about the most custom/cnc'd saber of them all. Nothing was a found item short of the belt hook which is a covertec belt clip/holder for cell phones that was found in Europe.

The grip pieces around the body are something that could easily be replicated as they're essentially something like 1/4 wide, 6" long, and 1/2" tall or so box that has it's edges rounded off. Probably not the best description - and those dimensions are NOT accurate unless by accident :) Just an elongated box with rounded edges.

The patterned grip is in two different places and again, was custom. People have made their own with leather and pounding out a pattern with leather tools and done rubber by making a custom mold.

TCSS (The Custom Saber Shop) sells the Mace Windu grips. However unlike Graflex/MPP grips, these are designed to be installed from the inside of the saber by pushing it through a milled slot.

I for one am glad that you asked about the saber. I'd honestly never bothered to go take a look at his before, and it's one of the coolest ones from the series (certainly from the prequels). I'll be stealing lots of ideas from it for my own when I get around to it.

Good luck to you sir.

Yeah I had a feeling they were completely custom after looking around and finding absolutely nothing. Gonna look into making my own molds! I found the covertec clip off of TCSS.

Hi redboi,

and welcome aboard ... Mace Windu is quite an elaborate lightsaber to start as a project ... I found some links with more pictures :

https://araiel.deviantart.com/art/3d-Mace-Windu-lightsaber-02-282024818

https://www.saberproject.de/en/lightsabers/masterreplicas/fxlightsabers/macewindurots

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?9996-Mace-Windu

Are you going to build it in 3D or real metal parts?

Chaïm

We are still in the very early steps of planning everything. We are planning on it being machined. My friend and I are coming up with a design currently and I am hunting down parts in the meantime. We will be making it out of Brass and Stainless Steel.

TCSS (The Custom Saber Shop) sells the Mace Windu grips. However unlike Graflex/MPP grips, these are designed to be installed from the inside of the saber by pushing it through a milled slot.

Unfortunately those grips dont quite match as well as I want. If i end up sacrificing accuracy to the original I will definitely go with those ones but I definitely want to try some other methods first. They are just too thin and overall small :/

- - - Updated - - -

I for one am glad that you asked about the saber. I'd honestly never bothered to go take a look at his before, and it's one of the coolest ones from the series (certainly from the prequels). I'll be stealing lots of ideas from it for my own when I get around to it.

Good luck to you sir.
Thanks a ton, I am super excited and was surprised to see almost zero accurate replicas of the saber around, there are a lot of sabers that are similar but all with pretty noticeable differences... I am hoping to it justice once it is all said and done!

The stunt had a thinner lower section, with lower grip ridges. I think the belt hanger was a bit thick for the complicated handling the actors needed to do. Anakin Skywalkers was re-done as a stunt as well
Star-Wars-Revenge-Of-The-Sith-Production-made-unfinished-Mace-Windu-Lightsaber-1.jpg 13927_6.jpg17565433_5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Granted, I personally think the belt hanger was fine. Looks like Sam Jackson thought so too.
5f6b488c9ab9f6a08389d1b85031668b--samuel-jackson-vaping-mods.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back