Ultracal 30 alternative?

DarkHelmet

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just wondering if there is a safe non-toxic alternative to ultracal 30 for making detailed molds? It's damn near impossible to get Ultracal to Maui because of the weight. I was looking at Smooth-on Shell Shock but they won't ship to Hawaii. I'm guessing it's hazardous.

I have both Monster Clay and WED to use if that helps.

Thanks

I recently used a combination of Plaster of Paris, and Quikrete for an alternative mold. Worked pretty good. I used and 80% PoP, to 20% Quikrete mixture. Not sure if you have these available where you are, but it's worth a shot if you do.

I recently used a combination of Plaster of Paris, and Quikrete for an alternative mold. Worked pretty good. I used and 80% PoP, to 20% Quikrete mixture. Not sure if you have these available where you are, but it's worth a shot if you do.

easy to get for me! Did you get good detail?

Yeah it gave me pretty decent detail I think.
21371252_2007698896140816_1446874112672896527_n.jpg

Rather than "Quickrete", try adding 20% Portland Cement to Plaster of paris, and that should be tough enough.

Try contacting US Gypsum, and asking for a Hawaiian supplier, or the proper mix ratio between Portland Cement and Plaster of Paris

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back