Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Post-release)

I'm genuinely sorry that you don't enjoy this interpretation. But I also believe it's bloody silly to claim that anyone that does is having the wool pulled over their eyes. That is what agitates me, man. Don't dismiss other peoples enjoyment. Everyone loves to believe that they're the one true claimant to a single truth.

Even I can agree with this.

As much as Ihate this movie and this interpretation of the character... I can see some things to like about it.

Amy Adams is an adorable lois lane. I just wish they made her a little..tougher.... I remember her in MOS and this movie as being a little..whimsical looking, like she's watching a movie rather an participating in it......

Henry Cavil has the potential to be a good superman if he was given better material to work with.

So I can see why people can enjoy this version at least.

other movies, not so much, but this one i can ;o)

for other movies i will go down to the grave wondering WHY some people like it, and explaining over and over to them again why they SHOULDN'T like it..
but no ones saying they CAN'T like it. ;o)

for a second there, i thought i wandered into another thread. i was having post traumatic stress reactions ;o)

regarding this true fan nonsense. wouldn't it be less loaded simply to say the mo vie is not 'true to the franchise?' in cases like feigbusters and bay turtles, where an outside source comes in, is combative to fans, or creators of the franchise....and clearly doesn't take any effort to understand what makes it work at all? it's a little friendlier term than that other loaded one that should probably vanish forever...

Even I can agree with this.

As much as Ihate this movie and this interpretation of the character... I can see some things to like about it.

Amy Adams is an adorable lois lane. I just wish they made her a little..tougher.... I remember her in MOS and this movie as being a little..whimsical looking, like she's watching a movie rather an participating in it......

Henry Cavil has the potential to be a good superman if he was given better material to work with.

So I can see why people can enjoy this version at least.

other movies, not so much, but this one i can ;o)

for other movies i will go down to the grave wondering WHY some people like it, and explaining over and over to them again why they SHOULDN'T like it..
but no ones saying they CAN'T like it. ;o)

for a second there, i thought i wandered into another thread. i was having post traumatic stress reactions ;o)

regarding this true fan nonsense. wouldn't it be less loaded simply to say the mo vie is not 'true to the franchise?' in cases like feigbusters and bay turtles, where an outside source comes in, is combative to fans, or creators of the franchise....and clearly doesn't take any effort to understand what makes it work at all? it's a little friendlier term than that other loaded one that should probably vanish forever...

Yes i could have said that. How about i try it this way. Can a DC fan tell me how bvs was a great movie. Aside from lois looking adorable in MOS. Tell me how bvs was a GREAT movie. Explain to me what was GREAT about the movie that i seem to be missing according to some people.

What i was trying to say is that i can't see a DC fan and yes i said true fan saying how great this movie was. Sure there can be some aspects. Every movie has them. Like the end credits if its really bad. But please tell me the greatness about this film. You are obviously a DC fan. Well i presume so i better get that cleared up before i am labeling someone a fan who may infact not be a fan :unsure

But on me presuming you are a fan. Tell me the greatness of this film and what made it so A++ in you're eyes ???

Yes i could have said that. How about i try it this way. Can a DC fan tell me how bvs was a great movie. Aside from lois looking adorable in MOS. Tell me how bvs was a GREAT movie. Explain to me what was GREAT about the movie that i seem to be missing according to some people.

What i was trying to say is that i can't see a DC fan and yes i said true fan saying how great this movie was. Sure there can be some aspects. Every movie has them. Like the end credits if its really bad. But please tell me the greatness about this film. You are obviously a DC fan. Well i presume so i better get that cleared up before i am labeling someone a fan who may infact not be a fan :unsure

But on me presuming you are a fan. Tell me the greatness of this film and what made it so A++ in you're eyes ???

Did you even read what I wrote?

I HATE this film.

And yes.. I am A DC fan. but of their older stuff. i think most of their modern live action stuff doesn't understand the characters at all..

and some of their animated stuff is too action packed and boring to be interesting in terms of the original animated moveis.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't mean she isn't adorable though ;o).

Same, wish it could be for their new stuff. I'm still hanging onto the hopes the franchise will turn around. Time will tell i guess... Although Lois was adorable in MOS and she was!! Michael Shannons performance was really well done. Even though i kept thinking of prometheus each time i looked at his suit i think he nailed his role...

Wish i could say inwas drunk but im not bahaha its like 4am and i havent slept maybe thats why :lol

Amy Adams is simply miscast. LL isn't supposed to be adorable.
Rosalind Russell in His Girl Friday (playing a reporter) is Lois Lane.
Hayley Atwell as Agent Carter is Lois Lane.
Amy Adams is SJW tough, not "old school" tough.

Rosalind Russell. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he was blowing it out of proportion as such @Snikt - you did say that ZS can't do anything right. You have previously stated there are parts of the films you enjoy, so perhaps you were exaggerating, which is fair enough.

However, the more we butt heads, the more I understand the frustrations, as much as it does frustrate me/Teragon/Mola etc when yourself and many others express such hatred for something we find enjoyable - but your whole response there to Teragon was almost exactly what I was gearing up to write, because I totally understand that you want your version on the big screen, and based on that alone I understand the anger.

But as you've popped at me before, you already know I tend to get my back up at the constant bombardment against Zack/WB/Henry Cavill/the story/DC itself etc (cos I'm such a fanboy ;) ) and I just think thats what getting to others here too, and it absolutely isn't just you of course, you're in the majority.

With all that said no one is going to start acting different probably, but let's not get our knickers in twists over this everyone. Far more enjoyable to come here and discuss the content/what we like/dont/how we'd change it, rather than fixate on fault and vitriol isn't it. I do notice that many, many detractors don't tend to put much thought into how to change things (in ways that would work), which is weird because they obviously feel passionate about this stuff. Though obviously the complaints are cathartic, which makes sense too.

Run out of things to say now, so...

View attachment 660051
Very well said Fawbish, it was pleasant to read your response this morning, especially since you were so mature about it and understand where Im coming from. Thank you. :)

It just seems to me, if you care about the characters and the mythos, it would be easy to make a Batman v Superman film that caters to mostly everyone. Look at JJ with Star Wars. Yeah it was a mish mash of the first 3, but it was glorious. Something that big isnt going to appease EVERY person, but for the most part, it was true to what made the originals so popular, hence, TFA was popular. Its just more a matter of frustration than anger I should say. Then again, Zack Snyder is so douchey, its hard to defend him based on his decisions and how he acts in real life. After he made that "now this is dark for batman" comment I was like :facepalm

But I do like Cavil as Superman, hell, I liked Brandon Routh, it just sucks that their movies were sub par.

I feel as though there were a lot of fixable things in MoS, but man. BvS is a lost cause.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardly being snarky, just being honest. I have seen and heard every possible insult leveled at Zack Snyder for years and it's ridiculous. He directed Man of Steel and BvS, he didn't write them, he didn't produce them, yet hardly anyone mentions that. Everything people perceive to be wrong about the movies are his fault alone. He is being blamed for the faults of Suicide Squad and yet he didn't write it or direct it? I swear if the guy was a caterer on a movie that critics didn't like they would blame him.

There is no doubt in my mind certain directors are "trendy" to put down whether anyone admits it or not. Just mention J.J. Abrams and they same thing will happen.
Why do you get so bent out of shape if someone talks poorly about Zack Snyder? You seem like a smart guy, you know damn well how much clout a director has, thats part of the gig, it can go both ways. You get all the good, or you get all the bad. He had his hand in it, he produced it, he has clout with the studio which steered a lot of Suicide Squad. How about this, how about not sucking? The last movie of his I actually thoroughly enjoyed was 300. Before that, Dawn of the Dead.

Thats kind of a ridiculous thing to say but Axlotl kind of took care of that.

Why do you get so bent out of shape if someone talks poorly about Zack Snyder? You seem like a smart guy, you know damn well how much clout a director has, thats part of the gig, it can go both ways. You get all the good, or you get all the bad. He had his hand in it, he produced it, he has clout with the studio which steered a lot of Suicide Squad. How about this, how about not sucking? The last movie of his I actually thoroughly enjoyed was 300. Before that, Dawn of the Dead.

Thats kind of a ridiculous thing to say but Axlotl kind of took care of that.

It's not so much criticism of Snyder or other popular behind the scenes targets it's criticism of movies in general. Many people seem to think they know everything that goes on behind the scenes of a movie nowadays and that, in my opinion, is creating a hostile atmosphere. I suppose we can thank social media for that. I will not shy away from criticizing movies but I try not to point fingers unless I know for certain who screwed up what.

Also if someone wants to criticize that's fine. But to me "this person sucks" or "that person ruined the franchise for all eternity" is not valid criticism it's just ranting and raving. I love picking apart movies but I prefer to discuss specifics not throw insults.

Well, I'm not as drunk or argumentative today as I was last night (actually kinda hung over) so I just want to say no hard feelings, Mola Rob.
Hope you have a better day today than I'm having. :)
And I'm not as tired and cranky, no feelings were hurt on my side, I know what a rough place the interwebz can be. My apologies to anyone who was traumatized.

It's not so much criticism of Snyder or other popular behind the scenes targets it's criticism of movies in general. Many people seem to think they know everything that goes on behind the scenes of a movie nowadays and that, in my opinion, is creating a hostile atmosphere. I suppose we can thank social media for that. I will not shy away from criticizing movies but I try not to point fingers unless I know for certain who screwed up what.

Also if someone wants to criticize that's fine. But to me "this person sucks" or "that person ruined the franchise for all eternity" is not valid criticism it's just ranting and raving. I love picking apart movies but I prefer to discuss specifics not throw insults.

When you put a product out, and you pay for something, it should deliver on some levels. And when it doesnt, people should be called on it. Its not like Im personally attacking Zack Snyder, Im just talking to fellow nerds about a movie on an internet forum. I do admit, social media and media in general skew things about how much you know a person. Back in the day, it would just be so and so directed a movie, and if it sucked it wasnt that big a deal. Now a days, there are so many reviews, and behind the scenes things, it makes you not like the person before their work even comes out. Mel Gibson is a perfect example of that. His anti semetic tirade damn near killed his career. It kind of did now that I think about it. Back in the day it had to be a HUGE deal in order for something to do that to someone. So when I see ZS do all kinds of douchey stuff outside of the film, then deliver something that I think is subpar, then yeah, Im going to express my opinion about it.

See, youre taking what I said out of context, I, nor nobody else said that ZS "ruined the franchise for all eternity". I notice you like to over exxagerate certain things. Even in your last comment I dont think anyone was traumatized. If they were, then damn. Grow a pair. Unless youre trying to be condescending again. *shrug*

See, this is where Zack Snyder F'd up Superman.
Superman ain't for us, man. Superman is for CHILDREN.
Superman is supposed to be a role model for CHILDREN.

There are already brooding anti-heroes for adults (Batman, anyone?)
Snyder practically literally stole candy from babies with what he did to Superman.
Superman would not approve of stealing from babies.
(New Improved Superman would take a walk to the south pole to mope over whether or not it's okay to steal from babies).
I feel sorry for future generations of kids who won't have a Superman to look up to like I did.

HashtagNotMySuperman.

Went down a YouTube rabbit hole the other day and now I know why this seemed so familiar when I first read it. It totally reminds me of ODB's speech back in the 90s when he crashed the stage at the Grammys talking about how Wu-Tang is for the children. Oh man such good memories. Anyway, thats all. Totally off topic and random, but ohwell.

I finally saw BvS over the weekend and I have to say that it was better than I thought it would be, it wasn't as good as, say, Avengers but it was definitely entertaining. I think that the biggest problem with the movie was that it seemed a little too focused on the action and not quite enough on Bruce's motivation nor Supe's reaction to everything that was happening to him. Lex was pretty cool although I think that Jesse Eisenberg, if they tweaked his performance a little, would have made a much better Joker than Jared Leto's.

Went down a YouTube rabbit hole the other day and now I know why this seemed so familiar when I first read it. It totally reminds me of ODB's speech back in the 90s when he crashed the stage at the Grammys talking about how Wu-Tang is for the children. Oh man such good memories. Anyway, thats all. Totally off topic and random, but ohwell.

Haha! I never saw that before. Also never listened to Wu-Tang. Are they for children?

if I had kids, I'd totally let them listen to some Wu-Tang. There's some useful life lessons in there. Of course, there are some people that would probably call Child Protective Services on me, but hey, no one's perfect.

I finally saw BvS over the weekend and I have to say that it was better than I thought it would be, it wasn't as good as, say, Avengers but it was definitely entertaining. I think that the biggest problem with the movie was that it seemed a little too focused on the action and not quite enough on Bruce's motivation nor Supe's reaction to everything that was happening to him. Lex was pretty cool although I think that Jesse Eisenberg, if they tweaked his performance a little, would have made a much better Joker than Jared Leto's.
The ultimate edition definitely helps fill in the blanks more than the theatrical version. The theatrical version really omits a lot of scenes that should have never been cut, I'm not surprised that it was criticized for being jumpy.

The ultimate edition definitely helps fill in the blanks more than the theatrical version. The theatrical version really omits a lot of scenes that should have never been cut, I'm not surprised that it was criticized for being jumpy.

That would probably explain a lot then, thinking of it, it did feel like a lot of explanation and back story was left on the cutting room floor. If the Ultimate Edition is ever available at Redbox or streaming I might check it out, I might find that I like the movie better after watching it; as it is I was entertained but not really wowed.

That would probably explain a lot then, thinking of it, it did feel like a lot of explanation and back story was left on the cutting room floor. If the Ultimate Edition is ever available at Redbox or streaming I might check it out, I might find that I like the movie better after watching it; as it is I was entertained but not really wowed.

You'll definitely get more out of the extended if you were entertained by the theatrical chief. That said, I've slightly over watched now.

Hankering for Dr Strange and Wonder Woman! Not as a ship, mind you. Although...haha.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back