Star Wars Inspired Custom Contraband Box

How about a Data Storage Unit from the force awakens.

If I could find one that actually held data - does anyone make a USB version?

N

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made a model for 3D printing the data storage unit but unless I got my measurements wrong, it wasn’t big enough to fit a USB inside. I remember someone making a version with an RFID transmitter inside so that when you held it close to a device (smartphone, etc.) it could load up a series of images from the storage unit.

I’ve been following this build since the beginning, BTW - I really love what you’ve done with the box. It looks like it came right out of the Star Wars universe (I find that Star Wars props - particularly the set dressings - have a very distinctive style that you managed to capture perfectly here).

I made a model for 3D printing the data storage unit but unless I got my measurements wrong, it wasn’t big enough to fit a USB inside. I remember someone making a version with an RFID transmitter inside so that when you held it close to a device (smartphone, etc.) it could load up a series of images from the storage unit.

I’ve been following this build since the beginning, BTW - I really love what you’ve done with the box. It looks like it came right out of the Star Wars universe (I find that Star Wars props - particularly the set dressings - have a very distinctive style that you managed to capture perfectly here).

Oh thanks, Dr! I tried my hardest and continue to do so. I really appreciate the affirmation.

As for the RFID transmitter, that sounds AWESOME. I’ll look into that!

Thanks,

N.

What a cool project. It looks great!

I've been wanting to try making shipping labels like I saw Adam Savage make on Tested for his Blade Runner case, but I've never had a project to try them on. I could make a few and send them to you if you like. Here's a couple of ideas I just did up in Photoshop.

Kuat-Drive-Yards-Small.pngRound-Small.png

What a cool project. It looks great!

I've been wanting to try making shipping labels like I saw Adam Savage make on Tested for his Blade Runner case, but I've never had a project to try them on. I could make a few and send them to you if you like. Here's a couple of ideas I just did up in Photoshop.

View attachment 819901View attachment 819902

DUUUUUUUDE! Are you kidding me? Those are beautiful!

I was inspired to make this box by Adam’s Blade Runner fun case build - I’ve watched it like twenty times.

I would be honoured to have those on what I’ve made.

Could you PM me?

Thanks,

N.

DUUUUUUUDE! Are you kidding me? Those are beautiful!

I was inspired to make this box by Adam’s Blade Runner fun case build - I’ve watched it like twenty times.

I would be honoured to have those on what I’ve made.

Could you PM me?

Thanks,

N.

Well, you obviously captured the essence of what Adam was creating, because I got it. Great minds think alike.

I'll send a PM.

You should have a copy of the Kuat Systems Engineering Firespray-31-class (Slave 1) service manual in that chest.

I drew this up last night and made it this morning. I used an old copy of Analog for the donor book.

101_2654.JPG101_2657.JPG101_2658.JPG

You should have a copy of the Kuat Systems Engineering Firespray-31-class (Slave 1) service manual in that chest.

I drew this up last night and made it this morning. I used an old copy of Analog for the donor book.

View attachment 820043View attachment 820044View attachment 820045

Haha woah, that’s awesome!! Now, I’m expecting to open that and find an entire, complete manual for that specific ship - anything less isn’t good enough man!

Kidding! I bloody love that - awesome work dude!

N.

Haha woah, that’s awesome!! Now, I’m expecting to open that and find an entire, complete manual for that specific ship - anything less isn’t good enough man!

Kidding! I bloody love that - awesome work dude!

N.

Haha, I was thinking that as I was making it, but that would be quite a task. I have "The Bounty Hunter Code" book. Maybe as a dust jacket to cover that. As if Boba Fett was hiding it by using the cover from the Slave 1 service manual.

Haha, I was thinking that as I was making it, but that would be quite a task. I have "The Bounty Hunter Code" book. Maybe as a dust jacket to cover that. As if Boba Fett was hiding it by using the cover from the Slave 1 service manual.

That’s a sick idea - I’m gonna google what book you’re talking about!

Or even just a notebook - hiding what he’s written.

N.

I’m still working on finding a nice piece of wood to make a strip for across the top of the box to aid in rigidity.
Until then, this weekend I’m going to change how the latch attaches to the lid - on the underside it’s just two irregular strips of aluminium, I want to make that look better!

N.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back