Build Rey's new saber contest now closed for entries

Re: Build Rey's new saber contest Taking entries

Is it cool if I post a picture of a saber I just made to get your opinions on it.

Hey jjohnson916 ! Of course it's O.K., I'd just do it in a new thread rather than in this one. If it's a scratch built, you could even post it up in the Show Your Custom Sabers Thread. If it's one of the many runs done here on TheRPF, I'd post it into that particular variant's showoff thread (i.e. Anakin Starkiller V2/V3, Spirit of ob1, Nick's Dad, etc.).

Looking forward to seeing your thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey @jjohnson916 ! Of course it's O.K., I'd just do it in a new thread rather than in this one. If it's a scratch built, you could even post it up in the Show Your Custom Sabers Thread. If it's one of the many runs done here on TheRPF, I'd post it into that particular variant's showoff thread (i.e. Anakin Starkiller V2/V3, Spirit of ob1, Nick's Dad, etc.).

Looking forward to seeing your thread!
Ok will do. thx

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

My entry is done!

Where do I get my prize??

you forgot the duct tape

It is as The Force wills it...

Harnessing her awesome, colossal, mastery of The Force--and a quick trip to "First Order WAL-MART (TM)"--this is what I envision Jedi Knight Rey wielding in Episode 9.

Behold the "laser sword" that will be, as Poe put it, "the bean that ignites the fart that offends the First Order and compels them to pinch their noses and to leave the galaxy (that's how we'll beat 'em)!"

Last edited:

If its not too late, I'd love to give this a shot. Sadly, college starts back on Monday so I'm not sure if I would have enough time, but I would love to try.

Count me in! I'm going to try and make it all from found objects and minimal fabrication.
you are in, but remember, it's hush hush till the reveal date. Please don't share any details about your build at this time.:)

- - - Updated - - -

I’m in if there’s room
Mmmm many ideas, many shower parts left over !!
yes, you are certainly welcome.

you are in, but remember, it's hush hush till the reveal date. Please don't share any details about your build at this time.:)

- - - Updated - - -

yes, you are certainly welcome.

Oooops, leaked...sorry! :$

Please add my name to the list. I usually try to recreate props based on other people's ideas so this will be a new design challenge.

Yes people. We will need a neutral party that is willing to take the responsibility of accepting files and uploading. Any takers will be appreciated

Are there any best practices or unspoken rules for taking on that responsibility? I won't be part of the build contest and it sounds like something I could do, but I don't want to make a mess of things.

Are there any best practices or unspoken rules for taking on that responsibility? I won't be part of the build contest and it sounds like something I could do, but I don't want to make a mess of things.
From my understanding builders will just send you pictures and a description of their saber. Then you'll reveal them at the end of the contest

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back