Justice League

I had once considered this place somewhere to enjoy geeking out over stuff I liked but it hasn't been that way for a while now, which is unfortunate. But, people's tastes will differ, which is fair enough.

Reminds me! I'm not massively enthused for episode VIII (well, until that last TV spot kicked the music in), so I'm off to go tell everyone how I'm gonna watch it...but ONLY to confirm that I will not 100% love the film, and that I will ONLY enjoy it the amount I'm claiming I will right now. ;)
Oh waaahhh you pro justice leagers are such big babies and obviously in the minority. Go start a pro justice league thread then. There isnt a single issue on these forums where every single person agrees on every single thing, if there were, they would be dead threads because there wouldnt be anything to discuss. And when it DOES happen, once in a blue moon, the threads die cause everyone talks about how awesome it is, everyone knows it, and thats it.

And Im sorry Fawbish, it isnt our fault you like the stuff nobody else likes. :devil;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a few review comparing it to a JLA cartoon episode, if that's the case, I'll be very happy indeed !

Read about 40 tweets. From the consensus, it sounds like all the heroes are great which is a big win. Villian stinks and the story ain't great. Humor, heart and lots of action. Only saw one negative tweet. If the movie even turns out okay after having two directors work on it then it's a big win for DC. WW was a winner if JL is a winner that's two in a row and I firmly believe Wan's Aquaman will be unique and awesome.

And Im sorry @Fawbish, it isnt our fault you like the stuff nobody else likes. :devil;)

index.php

Calling it now that if the film does poorly with critics/if theres any poorly executed part of the film, the fan-boys are going to be blaming Whedon for ruining Snyder's vision.

Calling it now that if the film does poorly with critics/if theres any poorly executed part of the film, the fan-boys are going to be blaming Whedon for ruining Snyder's vision.

Snyder's vision sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

I think part of the problem is that the DCCU and Snyder fanboys are jumping up and down about the "it's not that bad" reviews.

But it's still bad. It's the curse of diminishing expectations.

But it's still bad. It's the curse of diminishing expectations.
That was my point. Marvel consistently gets good marks all around. DC gets "it's better than it should be" and the DC fanboys go wild.

...that's probably a bad example, as it isn't - nor should it be - DC vs. Marvel. I'm still giddy that I didn't get just one good Thor movie - I got three (same with Iron Man and Cap). I'd love to sit back and say I was able to watch one good Superman or Batman movie in the 21st century... they did manage to make a Wonder Woman movie that worked (for the most part).

There's little doubt in mind that Snyder is the issue here. I hate to go in thinking that Whedon may've saved the movie - but, there's so little faith I have in Snyder, that's gonna be the way I feel if the movie is "not that bad."

Bwahahahah laughing at the fact that someone said Ironman 2,3 were good.

You can literally find threads that accumulate all the early reactions. Most are pretty positive. But it doesn't matter, you have the SAME people coming in here everyday with their minds made up. Such a toxic forum.

That was my point. Marvel consistently gets good marks all around. DC gets "it's better than it should be" and the DC fanboys go wild.

...that's probably a bad example, as it isn't - nor should it be - DC vs. Marvel. I'm still giddy that I didn't get just one good Thor movie - I got three (same with Iron Man and Cap). I'd love to sit back and say I was able to watch one good Superman or Batman movie in the 21st century... they did manage to make a Wonder Woman movie that worked (for the most part).

There's little doubt in mind that Snyder is the issue here. I hate to go in thinking that Whedon may've saved the movie - but, there's so little faith I have in Snyder, that's gonna be the way I feel if the movie is "not that bad."

Snyder has ruined DC movies and they keep listening to him. Even Wonder Woman, which was a great DC movie, isn't that great just as a movie, it only shines in comparison to the crap that DC puts out. And I'd rather watch the worst of the Marvel movies like Iron Man 3 over the best of the DC movies any day of the week. That has nothing to do with the company and everything to do with the quality. Marvel makes the kind of movies I want to watch, DC doesn't.

It's not just the Snyder aspect, but the entire look and feel of DC movies. They're all dark and brooding. Now that may work to a certain degree with Batman, although I for one was not a fan of most of the Nolan movies, but for Superman? No. Wonder Woman? No. Justice League? No. But that's the only palate they have. I mean, are they seriously going to make a dark, brooding Flash movie next year? Are they insane?

Well yes, yes they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Marvel movies are good...but come on, they aren't THAT great like everyone seems to make them out to be.

The movie viewing audience seems to disagree and Marvel is laughing all the way to the bank every single time.

Well, the "movie viewing audience" would argue that Wonder Woman is a good deal superior to both IM 2 and 3, according to all audience scores on popular websites... And previous DCEU movies sit in the mid 60s, not great, but not horrible neither !

Let's wait and see what JL looks like, but from the tweets, it a lot more like a Marvel movie this time around, which if true should please the GA, if not the grumpy bunch lurking here.

Bwahahahah laughing at the fact that someone said Ironman 2,3 were good.

You can literally find threads that accumulate all the early reactions. Most are pretty positive. But it doesn't matter, you have the SAME people coming in here everyday with their minds made up. Such a toxic forum.
Toxic forum? Give me a break. Are you just saying that cause not everyone likes the same thing? If so, thats ridiculous, if people didnt have differing opinions, these forums wouldnt exist. And if you dont like it, leave, nobody would miss you.

I do agree though, Iron man 2 and 3 SUCK, but I would watch those over BvS and Wonder Woman any day. Wonder Woman was overrated, boring, and had laughably bad villains/dialogue.

Well, the "movie viewing audience" would argue that Wonder Woman is a good deal superior to both IM 2 and 3, according to all audience scores on popular websites... And previous DCEU movies sit in the mid 60s, not great, but not horrible neither !

Let's wait and see what JL looks like, but from the tweets, it a lot more like a Marvel movie this time around, which if true should please the GA, if not the grumpy bunch lurking here.

Maybe, but from what I was hearing from DC fanboys, I was expecting something on par with IM1 or GOTG, which is not what Wonder Woman was, not even close. It's a decent movie but it's not at all amazing, compared to things that Marvel has done. Now I'm certainly willing to be proven wrong, but early reports say that JL is bad writing, bad plot, etc. Those early reports could be wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

Don't generalize, it's not cool. The people you're complaining about are like less than 1% of all the members of the forum.

Toxic forum? Give me a break. Are you just saying that cause not everyone likes the same thing? If so, thats ridiculous, if people didnt have differing opinions, these forums wouldnt exist. And if you dont like it, leave, nobody would miss you.

I do agree though, Iron man 2 and 3 SUCK, but I would watch those over BvS and Wonder Woman any day. Wonder Woman was overrated, boring, and had laughably bad villains/dialogue.

They suck in comparison to, say IM1, but they're fun movies regardless. I'd never watch BvS or MoS ever again, period, but I'd watch any of the Iron Man films any day of the week.

I actually like Iron Man 2 quite a bit, but Iron Man 3 is the second worst movie in the entire MCU behind Thor: The Dark World. I'd actually take any of the DC movies other than Suicide Squad over IM 3. BvS and Wonder Woman aren't my favorite films by any means, but they're light years ahead of IM 3 in my book.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back