My LOTR Themed Theater Room

Hello everyone, so I have been M.I.A. from this post for quite a while, life was incredibly busy! I worked on the theater any chance I could but unfortunately didn't get any work in progress shots as I was doing so. So here is a nearly complete update!

Entry.jpg
Here is the entry to the theater, to the right is the seating area with a flag of Gondor hanging from each tier. In front is the AT screen with all the front speakers behind it.

Concession.jpg
As you walk in to your left is the concession area. Mini fridge, candy shelves, Gollum's Cave. On top is the popcorn machine, and all my Pirates of the Caribbean props. The barrels are fake and hide 3 shelves behind them. Literally the only thing I am missing is the crown jewel from our very own Stivie the beautiful Green Dragon sign! Hint hint....

Door of Durin.jpg
Next up is the Door of Durin, weathered just missing the glow in the dark paint over the letters and symbols! I'll finish this next week.

Left Argonath Final.jpg
Next is the left Argonath, Calvin, with 3 tiers of shelves for displaying props, I have Jurassic Park on the top, and 2 Harry potter shelves bellow.

Rolling Shelf.jpg
Next is the lower rolling shelf. It is also not complete, I still need to do a hardcoat over the wood, then weather it all. Right now both shelves house gears of watr props, but eventually it will be gears on the left, and LotR on the right. Rey's staff from Episode 7 is up top, as will be Gandalf's staff eventually. I should finish this up next week as well.

Right Argonath Final.jpg
Next is the right Argonath (unnamed) and 3 more tiers of shelves with the Supernatural First blade on top, Star Wars in the middle, and Resident Evil on the bottom.

Seating Front.jpg
This is the seating area, 3 custom cut memory foam mattresses so we can all stretch out and relax while watching movies!

HiC.jpg
This is my Han in Carbonite head, hard to see but he's poking out from a broken section of the stone wall.

Mid Left Speaker.jpgRear Speakers.jpgMid Right Speaker.jpg
This is the rear and mid speakers, I may do some more to camouflage them better in the future.

Projector.jpg
And finally, my projector, an Epson 5040ub, I wavered back and forth on this or a JVC but in the end, I needed some massive lens shft and the Epson fit the bill. As it's my first projector I have nothing to compare it to, but it's gorgeous and I couldn't be happier with it!

That's it for now, I'll post a video walkthrough sometime in the future once it's complete, as usual, any advice or critiques are welcome, thanks guys!

Attachments

• Concession.jpg
    Concession.jpg
    384.7 KB · Views: 263
Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool, looks great! I remember when I told my wife I wanted to build my Star Wars Death Star Hangar theater room. She at first was hesitant, but let me do it and now she loves it. Glad you got the support too!

This is amazing! I have had a hankering to watch the trilogy again and now I don't want to bother because it would not be nearly as awesome as watching it in that room.

azheat01 that looks sweet! I actually have seen your room before, very inspirational!
Feezle-Nuts that means a lot, thank for for the kind words! I will be contacting you soon, I have a few more plaques I need made up now that I am finished..

Ok, long time coming, 3 winters to be exact, but I am finally finished with my room! I finished painting everything, and added the glow in the dark paint to the Doors of Durin, which unfortunately does not show up so good on camera, just more prop collecting! But that never really ends does it?

Now the pictures!
Seating.jpgFlag.jpg
Seating area
Concession.jpgFridgeCandy.jpg
Concessions
Screen Wall.jpg
Screen

Thats really it?!?

I have a few close ups of the individual prop areas now as well:
Gollum.jpg
Of course Gollum
Reys Staff.jpg
Rey's Staff built from a kit from a RPFer
Jurassic Park.jpg
Jurassic Park of course the crown jewel is my Rylo can, thanks again for a great prop!!
Harry Potter Mid.jpgHarry Potter Low.jpg
My Harry Potter shelves, trying to display all the Horcrux's but I still need Harry's glasses for him, and something for Nagini
Supernatural.jpg
Supernatural shelf, with an unfinished First blade, still need some items to flesh that one out
Star Wars.jpg
Small Star Wars shelf, need to reorganize this one, and finish my Kylo Saber
Resident Evil.jpg
Resident Evil,with home made paper props!
Gears of War.jpg
My Gears of War collection, with many many homemade props!

And finally the favorite display...
LotRHobbit.jpg
Still missing a few more items, namely a Sting and sheath front and center!

I want to thank Stivie it was his pictures of how he displays his props that were my inspiration for all of my displays! It seriously took everything up to 11!

I am going to post a video walk through as the final piece to this thread, thank you everyone for all the kind words, and encouragement! It's been a crazy project, but I couldn't be happier with it!!

Very cool! The shards look great! And the tree of gondor penants on the sides are great

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks Xena! How's your room coming along?
It's going! Hahaha

Waiting on some things I ordered before finishing. Some lights for the displays and a LOT of fabric for my display walls.

Meanwhile, props collecting dust... hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Good to hear xena10ares I'm looking forward to your next update!

Thanks cavx and yes the bricks are MDF covered with hot wire foam factory hard coat. Then multiple paint costs for weathering.

Thank you yaris it's extremely comfortable to sit in, our biggest problem is falling asleep while watching movies!

Dude this is beyond awesome, couldn't help myself from grinning as I scrolled through your progress! Love the carved statues and the barrels in the concession area were a great addition. Looking forward to future updates!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back