AWE Jack Sparrow Crossplay! (Featuring Will and Elizabeth)

Belladonna

Hey guys!

I've been in love with the POTC franchise ever since the original COTBP trailers were released but never felt confident in my crossplay abilities until this year.

I created the entire costume by hand except for the hat, belt buckles and sash, the hat was by ACME replicas (and the sun buckle) and the sash and shell buckle was from Empire-Worldwide. The compass was 3D printed by my uncle CyberGryph (on Instagram) and it was all hand painted and weathered by me. I'm a makeup artist, so makeup was done by me as well! The boots are Caboots and the coat was made from screen accurate linen silk tweed. I made the entire wig from scratch, dreading it all using the glue/hairdryer method and hair I got from the dollar store.

The Elizabeth Swann pictured is my sister, I made her entire costume as well.
The Will Turner pictured is my other sister, she made her own costume.

Our costumes were based off the AWE film. The photos actually bleach out a lot of the weathering that was done, the sash was certainly not clean white but actually quite dirty as well as the coloring of the bandana and waistcoat, the colors arent that vibrant in person ^__^;;

I would love to know what you guys think!

shoot2.jpg
shoot24.jpg
shoot25.jpg

version 2 will.jpg
shoot23.jpg

View attachment 515541

Attachments

• wig2.JPG
    wig2.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 712
  • shoot22.jpg
    shoot22.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 322
  • wig.JPG
    wig.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 792
Last edited:
Re: Check out my COTBP Jack Sparrow Crossplay made entirely by hand :)

I have been updating my costume since last year and hope to debut the new and improved version soon! :) Would love to hear people's thoughts as I don't think I've seen any other Jack cross-players on the forum yet.

The costume looks great, and your poses and expressions are really spot on

I mean i think it looks amazing. I always love to see women cosplay as jack. There is another crossplayer that does an amazing jack makeup tutorial on youtube. Her name is Alyson Tabbitha (Shes one of the most famous jack cosplayers as far as women go, she is also very nice and approachable for tips). I'm a huge fan of jack to the point that i have the tattoo and the brand on my arm (i can sound like him as well), i just finished making my compass by hand from a block of wood and i ordered my almost 500 dollar pirate caboots online this month. So i know the jack outfit and variances very well, and i have to say you nailed it. I would love to see a tutorial for your boots they look pretty spot on. I agree with the weathering idea though. Aging all your stuff to the point that it looks worn in and older/grimy is key with jack. Whats that saying? Nobody likes a clean pirate lol. Other then that, great job though.

Thanks guys! Yes, I have been working on weathering my costume this year and plan to debut it at my next con :) I upgraded it majorly and have acquired his exact material for the frock coat used in DMC and am currently finishing up on the sewing. I also acquired some Caboots this year, they look great in person! Joey was a pleasure to deal with and helped me get them almost exact. I'll be altering the color of the soles though;

caboots.JPG

I plan on weathering them as well, basically everything has been upgraded, lol, especially my moustache. I am very familiar with Alysson Tabitha, I also do makeup tutorials on youtube and was planning on adding Jack Sparrow to the list two years ago, but when I found her tutorial, I figured no one would care to watch mine. I may post it anyway, as I use different professional products that may be helpful :)

Frock coat and baldric for alternate DMC and AWE versions (plan on altering the vest, I'm changing the button holes and distressing everything).

coat2.JPG

My new Acme silver and emerald ring;

emerald ring.JPG

Wrist wrap before progress;
072 (2).JPG

Redoing my entire wig too! Wig progress;

dreads1.JPG

Dreads I made out of kanakalon and human hair, using glue method, will add paint etc later. Still lots of work to be done;

dreads2.JPG

Anyway, thanks again guys!

Last edited:

I finished the dreads for my new wig, just wanted to post an update here, still haven't completed the wig though obviously as I will be adding all the trinkets etc. It's mean tot be his AWE wig, I started out doing DMC but my sisters wanted to do AWE. I used the glue method. I will also be cutting several of them to get the proper shape of his wig

wig1.jpg
tumblr_o4x6bufcOy1r19cuvo1_500.jpg

Just wanted to bump this thread to share my new improved Jack costume :) I changed the photos in the initial post to display the improved version of my costume. Let me know what you guys think!

Some more photos;

Old waistcoat on the left vs my new waistcoat on the right; I bleached the front of it to make it more worn. The old waistcoat fabric bleached too purple, which is one of the reasons why I re-did it.

IMG_7234.JPG

Back of my new vest with the new fabric I used, more screen accurate;

IMG_7045.JPG

Last edited:
One of the best Jack Sparrow's around Carmen :)

Did you do the beard braids yourself or?

Wow thank you so much! That really means a lot to me, I worked especially hard on Jack! :) Yes! I got a lace beard and then sewed in extra hair I had left over from the wefts I used to make his dreads. I then made the tiny braids and made the beads from clay and made sure they were small but big enough to fit over the braids. Thanks again!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back