Newt Scamander in Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them

his boots reminds me of the Steve Madden AJAXs in brown, i have them in black.
img-thing.jpg

Wait, really? Why would his suit pants and jacket be different fabrics?
Just saw this, go back a couple of pages. The suit jacket is made of one fabric that has gold and blue flecks. The pants are made of another fabric that seems to just have dark and light flecks. A lot of the questions on this page are answered if you just read the rest of the thread

Here are some pics I took of the costume on display at the harry potter festival in orlando

Attachments

• newt3.jpg
    newt3.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 233
  • newt2.jpg
    newt2.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 337
  • new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_6975.JPG
    IMG_6975.JPG
    720.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_6974.JPG
    IMG_6974.JPG
    784.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_6973.JPG
    IMG_6973.JPG
    816.5 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_6972.JPG
    IMG_6972.JPG
    823.2 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_6966.JPG
    IMG_6966.JPG
    504.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_6897.JPG
    IMG_6897.JPG
    498.5 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_6876.JPG
    IMG_6876.JPG
    786.3 KB · Views: 193
Its hard to get an idea of whether its the correct scale but seemed to be the only diamond twill or broken diamond twill that I could find.

There's a picture of the fabric with a cm ruler on it, I'd say it's about 1/3 the size the pattern should be.

I finished my Newt costume for Katsucon and gave it a test spin! The coat photographed a little lighter than it is in person, but I'm happy enough. Now that I've got the pattern down, I might remake it someday out of something more accurate than boiled wool, but for now...sleep. :)

tumblr_olofzsAg9E1r4ucl6o4_1280.jpg

Hi, I also want to cosplay Newt... and I have a few problems finding the waistcoat. Do you know where I could find a good one?
Or as an other possibility does anyone has a pattern for his waistcoat. A friend of mine said that she would help me sew it.
Also how would you discribe the colour. I'm no good with colours and I can't find a name for it.

I'm looking to get the waistcoat fabric rewoven by the company who made it for the show. Would I have interest in presales of the fabric, assuming the price is right? I'm expecting it to cost somewhere between €25 and €45 per meter plus shipping, obviously I'd try to get that down as low as possible. We'll need to order around 100 meters to get the project rolling so I'm going to need some real interest. For a waistcoat like this, you'll need about 1 meter, as the back panels are a different fabric. To be safe, 1.5 meters would suffice. I don't think I will find 100 people to buy yardage but if somebody wants to take the project on for clients, it would be great to get some backers who are interested in more than 1 yard at a time. Should I start a kickstarter? I'd love to gauge real interest here.

So has the debate on boots been settled? I know M-1943 combat boots were suggested, as well as some modern interpretations of them.

Now, before I continue I will say that I am far from as knowledgeable as most on here, and I am using my cellphone so images may not have the full detail as if I were on a computer. But...

To me the boots do in fact appear to be M-1943 double buckle boots, possibly altered M-1943 DBs, maybe even Shoes, Service Type III (aka: Captoe Roughouts) that have been converted into double buckles (aka: Boots, Service, Combat).

Specifically the boots look like the rarer British made double buckle cap toe version as can be seen in this tread, as well as a version of the M42 DB seen here .

And a tiny bit of info on the cap toe service shoe can be found here.

The boots were custom made from a new design, and do not match any existing boot.

I am having some copies made. Here's a picture of them some obviously incorrect colored leather.

boots.jpg

Out of curiosity, who all is actually interested in sewing their own coat, assuming an exact match for the fabric could be found?
I would definitely be interested! Also, has anyone found the vest fabric yet? I know it was mentioned before but I can't for the life of me find that post again and would really like to join a group order for the fabric.

I would definitely be interested! Also, has anyone found the vest fabric yet? I know it was mentioned before but I can't for the life of me find that post again and would really like to join a group order for the fabric.

I am working on dyeing the same line of waistcoat fabric to match the screen used stuff. I'll only have a handful of yardage available, as there's only 7 meters of it left. Once I have a match I'll post it here.

I have a mill ready to reweave the overcoat fabric for £60/m plus shipping. Who is interested? You will need 5-6 meters for a coat, and the minimum at this mill is 60 meters so I will need at least 10-12 sign up to afford the run. It will be color matched from neps of the real fabric and woven 100% accurately and to scale. I have spent MANY hours with the real costume and am extremely confident in my artwork (if anyone would like to check it, I'd be happy to send it to them). The mill does not do samples, unfortunately, but will send me dyed yarns to confirm against the real coat. If anyone is interested, I will start taking down payments to get the project going (they need a £500 down payment to begin work). PLEASE spread this around to any and all Newt cosplayer friends you may have!

DSCN4020edit.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back