Biker Scout Blaster

Shockbolt

Fed up with waiting for the Efx Legend edition of the Biker Scout helmet & blaster, I set out to design, 3D print and finish a Biker Scout Blaster of my own. 3 years of waiting after having placed a pre order is more than one should expect to receive an order of this type of items.

My blaster version will be approx 21 cm long, made up of several parts. The two lenses can be 3D printed as well, in semi translucent resin, or be added to the blaster via parts found on ebay as I'm doing.

BSB_01.png

BSB_02.png

BSB_03.png

BSB_04.png

BSB_05.png

BSB_06.png

BSB_07.png

BSB_08.png

- - - Updated - - -

These are all the parts that make up this 3D printed version. Since I have a love for details, the adjustments for the scope can be turned, by adding two small screws to the pieces when assembling it:

BSB_09.png

The 3D printed pieces have started to arrive, still waiting for the last few of them to get here. Will take photos and provide work-in-progress updates.

This is awesome. I've always been a fan of the Biker Scout blaster. The versions out there in the wild seem to be a poor resin copy, and the super inaccurate version. I personally just settled for repainting the slightly over-sized ROTJ toy version.

You going to sell a run of these or make the parts available for others to print? Superb job.

You going to sell a run of these or make the parts available for others to print? Superb job.

Also wondering if you'll be sharing this in some way.
This is looking wonderful.
Always been one of my favorite.
Be sure to post those pics.
Robert

This is awesome. I've always been a fan of the Biker Scout blaster. The versions out there in the wild seem to be a poor resin copy, and the super inaccurate version. I personally just settled for repainting the slightly over-sized ROTJ toy version.

I found that was the case also, I didn't find any options available that gave me the BSB with the level of detail that I wanted, so I set out to make my own. These parts are available though my shop with Shapeways. I've currently hit a snag as the main body part has been flagged as a weapon replica, therefor they have delayed printing this part. I'm in talks with them now, trying to convince them that it is "just" a movie replica laser blaster, not parts for a functional firearm.

- - - Updated - - -

Also wondering if you'll be sharing this in some way.
This is looking wonderful.
Always been one of my favorite.
Be sure to post those pics.
Robert

3D printed parts in polished nylon will be available through Shapeways. I'm also thinking about acquiring some help to make molds of the assembled version and possibly having resin cast version available in the future. With limited time and limited space to make the stuff I do in, I am hesitant to say that there is a 100% chance this will happen. The backside of living in a small flat..

- - - Updated - - -

If you do a run, sign me up :love

If I do, I will post about it in this thread.

Update:

Shapeways have halted production on the main body for the blaster, the production team flagged my model for being "weapon-like", so I'm now in talks with them to convice them that is's a movie laser blaster replica, not parts for a functional firearm..

I have however received all other parts and the quality is top notch. Polished nylon parts may cost a bit more through Shapeways, but they make up for it by me not having to spend hours and days sanding the parts to a smooth finish. Instead I can remove any sprues, add two layers of filler spray, sand and paint.

I've assembled the scope, ready for the filler spray. When painted, I will add domed lenses to it, the largest lense has been received, still waiting for the smallest lense. Both ordered via ebay (watch parts). I've also added two tiny screws to the backside of the dials, allowing me to turn them, just a nice touch instead of having fixed dials on the scope.

See images below:

BSB_scope03.png

BSB_scope01.png

BSB_scope02.png

BSB_scope04.png

That looks great! It's strange they flagged it, as there is no interior for working parts or a trigger. Hopefully you can get it worked out. I guess that's one way to tell you've made a fantastic model. :thumbsup

Good news, received their conclusion today:

"Thanks for the follow up and information!

I discussed this with our content review team and we are ok with printing these pieces since they are not gun parts or a real life replica.

They have been approved and should begin production very soon.

Best,
James
Customer Service Agent - NYC"

Although 4 days late, the parts will be produced by them, saving me a lot of time to have them 3D printed at home with all that follows.

- - - Updated - - -

That looks great! It's strange they flagged it, as there is no interior for working parts or a trigger. Hopefully you can get it worked out. I guess that's one way to tell you've made a fantastic model. :thumbsup

It was for the reason of the parts being weapon-like. They do not produce life-like firearms or parts for firearms, even if they can't be fired. I was able to convince them to make the blaster parts, luckily :)

- - - Updated - - -

well the scope looks great, looking forward to seeing the rest come together!

Next update will show the assembled blaster, before adding filler spray. It will probably take Shapeways a week to get it printed, then a week or so to receive it to my address here in Norway. When assembled, the rest of the work should be done in a couple of days, filler spray, sanding, base coat, airbrushing, weathering etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, their fear is that they don't want to be a party to somebody printing out a replica AK, giving it a decent paint job, then holding up a bank with it,

It was for the reason of the parts being weapon-like. They do not produce life-like firearms or parts for firearms, even if they can't be fired. I was able to convince them to make the blaster parts, luckily :)

This baffles me. An even cursory search for "blaster" on Shapeways brings up (in addition to nonthreatening parts and scaled pieces) quite a few blasters, whole and in kit form. Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica are well represented. There are several offering various interpretations of Mauser-based blasters, and even a couple others doing Scout Trooper blaster kits (yours is by far the best, and the one I'm planning to buy several of). They definitely do produce life-like firearms and parts for firearms. :p

--Jonah

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back