TFA Reys Star destroyer found part.

I purchased two from Jurassic tools , had a great conversation with the guy on the phone ,( tony) and he was super helpful .
The collets were perfect and arrived quick .
I'd thoroughly recommend him !!!!,

IMG_2221.JPGIMG_2221.JPG

Here are mine , top from Poundland , collets from Jurassic tools , touring from judge dredd .

Today the collet from Jurassictools was delivered. 5 days from UK to Germany is not bad.

The delivered collet was like described on the site - so nothing to complain. :)

Finally a metal collet, well worth the wait. Now i need to decide if i will try to get the ribbed top cast in Alu, or if i will paint and use the brittle plastic part

I don't know if this has been discussed already, but did anybody notice that the prop is lying stable with the metal collet upward? Meaning, the plastic cap has a pretty heavy filling, or perhaps it's even a complete resin cast.

82874493ead813bd19de4b720b481147.jpg

The fact that the collet section matches the plastic section in colour PERFECTLY in the screencaps and is all one single un-reflectic un-metallic colour (unlike real collets that have the fins a darker shade of metal) says to me that the whole thing was made as a resin cast.

Maybe .... or it was painted and weatherd as one piece. No reason to paint the top only.

Seeing all the different versions on the pics, i would guess that no 2 are the same and they made them without any deeper thought. Small ring, wide ring, 6 fins, 8 fins - probably with metal collets, with resin collets, with real tops, with resin tops - free mixed.

Completely agree w/ Michael on this topic, not just for this particular prop, but any prop in any film genre.

Maybe .... or it was painted and weatherd as one piece. No reason to paint the top only.

Seeing all the different versions on the pics, i would guess that no 2 are the same and they made them without any deeper thought. Small ring, wide ring, 6 fins, 8 fins - probably with metal collets, with resin collets, with real tops, with resin tops - free mixed.

nice i like it! i have to did through photo bucket and share mine as well

i really like the doll!! once im all better thats what ill be tackling next. great job! :thumbsup

Love the dirt/grime effect. Did you mix sand in with the paint? Yeah, doll is a must to display with it. Will have a go at that myself one day.

I wasn't able to get down to my local Poundland, so I sent my friend down to pick up the screwdriver set. ;)

I won't be meeting my friend to collect until Tuesday, but I'll post a new thread once I start the build next week.

Kind regards, The14thDr

I started working on a model for the collet that can be 3D printed. I'm hoping that this should turn out less expensive than buying the type of collet that was used on the original prop.
3d_model.jpg

Hope someone will find this useful.

Kind regards, The14thDr

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back