Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update October: MPP shrouds available)

Ordered.

I'll assume we have to drill holes to install?

Received! Thanks.
Yes, if you still want to be able to take off the clamp afterwards, it's best if you attach the bulb release with the M2.5 screws that are included. Two 2mm holes tapped with M2.5 are needed. Or you can use sheet metal screws (2.2mm) but those are not as screen accurate.

Got my clamp in today from CSS :)

2015-10-24 17.50.07.jpg

2015-10-24 17.50.54.jpg

2015-10-24 17.52.39.jpg

& a shot of the shape of the black side bars.

2015-10-24 17.53.09.jpg

& I don't know if this will show up good, but I like how one of the side bars is threaded.

2015-10-24 17.59.47.jpg

& here it is on a Heiland :D. It's a good fit. I've got the new shroud from Roy (wannawanga.com), & it is brilliantly made. To everyone who is in the middle of their Vader builds, you CAN NOT get any better! I've also got two sets of his T-tracks (ANH & ESB/ROTJ), & they're equally awesome. I'm waiting to tear this thing apart, once Roy's bulb release arrives. I will be replacing the bubble strip with those from my Exactra 19 calculator.

2015-10-24 18.22.28.jpg

C'mon payday! Will FINALLY complete my vader-ish heiland when I put my order in for Roy's parts. Just in time for Force Awakens premier! I'll also have parts to get a decent custom flashgun saber together too!

Received! Thanks.
Yes, if you still want to be able to take off the clamp afterwards, it's best if you attach the bulb release with the M2.5 screws that are included. Two 2mm holes tapped with M2.5 are needed. Or you can use sheet metal screws (2.2mm) but those are not as screen accurate.

I got two extra screws in the package. Are these the sheet metal screws you mentioned or am I missing something?

By the way great bulb release :thumbsup

I'm so happy! Today my bulb release & wires arrived! The parts are perfect! I love that I can now put Roy's great shroud on the Heiland... finally.

20151031_193924.jpg

20151031_194004.jpg

Take your time with tapping the holes. The lower one goes in much easier, as the upper one has the components of the flash to get into.
It's already 1,000,000% better, & I've only just started. I love it.
Thank you Roy!

20151031_194456.jpg

20151031_194317.jpg

I still need to get some epoxy for the grips. & I'm guessing for the wires as well? I don't know. I also need to crack open the Exactra 19 to replace the current bubble strip that's on now.

Various OT lightsaber parts (update October: MPP shrouds available)

I'm so happy! Today my bulb release & wires arrived! The parts are perfect! I love that I can now put Roy's great shroud on the Heiland... finally.

Take your time with tapping the holes. The lower one goes in much easier, as the upper one has the components of the flash to get into.
It's already 1,000,000% better, & I've only just started. I love it.
Thank you Roy!

Wow! A million % is a lot! Looking good and thank you so much for your positive feedback!

You might be able to put the wires in the port holes without epoxy. You might need to cut them in an angle to push them in easier. But they stick quite well.

And good luck with the Exactra bubble strip! Don't forget the Exactra PCB underneath.

Roy

I got my Vader ESB parts today and I have a couple questions! Is the little knob on the shroud supposed to screw in far enough to pinch the shroud to the flash body or do we glue it? Also, do we need to tap 2 new holes for the bulb release and not use the original screw hole in that area? Awesome parts!

Okay, I found my answer to the two holes or one on the previous page. roygilsing, do you have a recommendation for attaching the shroud?

Last edited by a moderator:

Okay, I found my answer to the two holes or one on the previous page. @roygilsing, do you have a recommendation for attaching the shroud?

Hi cbrant! Good that you found the answer about drilling and tapping the holes. And about the shroud; it's true that the shroud screw alone might not fixate the shroud enough to carry it around on a belt clip. Of course you might want to fix it with adhesive, but only if you don't have to take off the clamp anymore. Otherwise you can consider adding another fixation (set) screw.

Roy

Last edited by a moderator:

Does anyone have a clever way to deal with the t-tracks over the end cap? I've been thinking about thinning them down a bit where they go over the end cap. I'm struggling to come up with a way to thin them evenly for each t-track.

Does anyone have a clever way to deal with the t-tracks over the end cap? I've been thinking about thinning them down a bit where they go over the end cap. I'm struggling to come up with a way to thin them evenly for each t-track.

I didn't because the original doesn't.

Roy

Iirr the originals were just glued over, without any thinning. I did the same on mine, doesn´t look as bad as expected. ;)

Thanks, somehow i expected something more .... "special", some strange imperial stuff. :D

Any chance you might have made up the measurements of the brass thumbscrew?

No, I didn't make it up; it was reproduced after a real MPP thumbscrew, but it might have ended up 0.5mm too short.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446988253.392884.jpg

Roy

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back