Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I'm neither enthusiastic nor a hater about the new trilogy - I wasn't impressed by the trailer, but I realze it was just that, a small teaser of the upcoming movie. Not too excited about the new Stormtrooper, neither their new blaster (looks too much like the Hasbro b/w E-11). The cross shaped lightsaber blade looks weird - and I totally understand people making fun of it on photoshop. That speeder might look like a popsicle, but there are cars today that look the same. On the positive part I really like seeing TIE Fighters there, the Falcon and the X-Wings. I also like the Probe Droid sounds, very specific sound I couldn't miss it for the world.

But no matter how bad or good the new movies will be I still have my beloved OT, and that will not be taken away. If the upcoming trilogy will be more interesting than the PT, and closer to OT, then even better. Will I start collecting Sequel Trilogy items? Nope. Will I watch the new movies? Yeap. I'll make my mind after watching these new movies. Till then I'll wait and see.

I think people are forgetting how dizzy that shot of the x wings entering the trench from their point of view was back in 77, or the flip the falcon did between two star destroyers in 80.

What is the point of enjoying the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy, then complaining that it is moving too fast?

I tried to read all the post-trailer posts in the thread to get caught up, but ain't nobody got time fo dat. I saw Star Wars in the theater at age 12 and this teaser gives me goosebumps and tears. I love it. That said...

The X-Wings are flying over water. Isaac's vest reads "PULL TO INFLATE." The female voice that speaks after he flips a switch sounds like it says "Dive." Soccer ball droid is fine with me, but PLEASE, JJ, don't make those X-Wings go underwater.

The X-Wings are flying over water. Isaac's vest reads "PULL TO INFLATE." The female voice that speaks after he flips a switch sounds like it says "Dive." Soccer ball droid is fine with me, but PLEASE, JJ, don't make those X-Wings go underwater.

That would bring out the obligatory Darth Vader-style "Nooooooooooooooooo!"

I'm sure most of us here put a toy plane etc in the bathtub or pool when we were young...

JJ must've never outgrown that...

PLEASE NO JJ!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooohhhh!!!!

That would bring out the obligatory Darth Vader-style "Nooooooooooooooooo!"

Totally agree... Luke is going to hand Mr. Baddie his dark ass!!! :)

Sorry, but I think Luke is gonna be beat up and killed. The Jedi will be shown to be the baddies. Either Luke is changing sides or will be destroyed protecting someone else. Rule of Star Wars, you only kill 1 super baddie / good guy. 2nd in commands and crime bosses don't count. So take out jabba, grievous, Fett

Maul over Jin
Obi-Wan over Maul
Anakin over Count Dooku
Sid over Mace
Vader over Old Ben ( can count as sacrifice, since Ben stop fighting to push Luke)
Vader over Sid ( his true kill, not Ben)
Luke over vader ( beaten down and then sacrifice with taken the mask off)

Ok... So maybe Luke gets one. But likely going bye bye in this episode. Plus they said you'll know for sure who Luke sides with at the end of the movie for sure. Maybe pull a old Ben moment?

I'm still not sold on that new sith saber design. I like the flickering blade if the explanation is that it's damaged in some way, but the cross guards seem too impractical for me. Maybe if it turns out to be some sort of ancient sith relic i'll be able to accept it, I'll have to wait and see.

I'm loving everything else though, especially that new little droid. The more I watch the trailer the more I want one.

I'm still not sold on that new sith saber design. I like the flickering blade if the explanation is that it's damaged in some way, but the cross guards seem too impractical for me. Maybe if it turns out to be some sort of ancient sith relic i'll be able to accept it, I'll have to wait and see.

I'm loving everything else though, especially that new little droid. The more I watch the trailer the more I want one.

I have to agree on the sword. While the Quillon has really no purpose on a lightsaber, the "Glow" is somewhat unique. I like that aspect of it. If the Quillon or Cross Guard is only there to have a relic look, that's just dumb.

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I meant was, maybe the quillions were meant to be used as part of some long-forgotten sith fighting style, or perhaps they're decorative and this was meant to be just a ceremonial weapon, or maybe they were just meant for intimidation in some way. Ancient relics don't always make perfect sense, so they can get a little more leeway than other things.

What I meant was, maybe the quillions were meant to be used as part of some long-forgotten sith fighting style, or perhaps they're decorative and this was meant to be just a ceremonial weapon, or maybe they were just meant for intimidation in some way. Ancient relics don't always make perfect sense, so they can get a little more leeway than other things.

Yea, they're probably decorative.

Reel

I tried to read all the post-trailer posts in the thread to get caught up, but ain't nobody got time fo dat. I saw Star Wars in the theater at age 12 and this teaser gives me goosebumps and tears. I love it. That said...

now were freaking out over nothing. No one says dive. And if they did, they would break up instantly with all those jagged edges.

Yea, they're probably decorative.

Reel

Maybe they do something. They might grow in size, spin, or Maybe they come off like little daggers that can be thrown around via the force, like Yondu's arrow in GOTG.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back