Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Which fans? The ones who moan and gripe for any designs they see that are new but ugly? And then gripe more when the films play it safe and keep the same designs?

The films got a ton of new fans, a younger generation as well, so I'm sure that the older fans will either gracefully bow out and let people enjoy these films or continually gripe about TFA in every new Star Wars film they create...:lol

I think we need to just hope this isn't a ESB rehash but also appreciate the fact that, in this universe, there are Walkers...and yes they are impractical, but they are also pretty cool. I mean, who the hell puts AT-AT's on Endor, where the hell did they find room for those things in that forest? I just re-watched ROTJ and it reminded me of the SE ANH when R2-D2 is hiding behind more rocks than was possible for him to enter...:lol George Lucas should have added more trees behind the walker on Endor and a dancing band of CGI monstrositys to top it off :lol

I also think that the Fist Order will establish their dominance and put the Resistance on the ropes, a la ESB. No big deal, just don't have a huge reveal of lineage of Rey's twin brother or have her get her hand sliced :p

You mean the same Bryan who, just weeks from TFA's release, dismissed the growing rehash concerns by labeling them idiotic?

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=229962&p=3831670&viewfull=1#post3831670

It might have made business sense, but the rest of us are discussing these films in terms of fandom, not financial investment. If there was any intent to appeal to existing fans then choosing to rehash ANH was a miscalculation. Why? Because even TFA's defenders cite that as their biggest criticism.

Last edited:
Instead of the red dust they could just use this really old & out of date technology to bring them down, so simple to use even a monkey can do it

u-wing-fires-on-at-act-in-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story_w22k.640.jpg

Instead of the red dust they could just use this really old & out of date technology to bring them down, so simple to use even a monkey can do it

View attachment 749471

I believe Pablo confirmed these walkers are constructed differently then the ones we see in ESB

Luke: "That armors to strong for blasters"

Pablo said since this at at's are cargo versions they couldn't take the "heat" the ones we see in ESB could

Which fans? The ones who moan and gripe for any designs they see that are new but ugly? And then gripe more when the films play it safe and keep the same designs?

The films got a ton of new fans, a younger generation as well, so I'm sure that the older fans will either gracefully bow out and let people enjoy these films or continually gripe about TFA in every new Star Wars film they create...:lol

Stop using the younger generation excuse. We all know young people suck! :lol ;)

I was kinda close, I said they would use the dust to blind the walkers.

Ummm, so what you're sayin' is, that it's like dusting crops.

The Wook

ps~Hey, what the Hell? I should be north of 5,000 posts. What the Hell happened to my hard-earned post count??! Lol Did this happen to anyone else?

Didn't someone in this thread come up with the exploding red dust idea?

Yeah- that was me. It was a theory based on the likely combat tactics BUT its only a theory and a lot of guesswork. I've always had a strong interest in how the craft deployment in SW affects the various strategies and outcomes of the battles. I've even designed a few scenarios with new classifications of military machines to counter existing designs.
So I think the reason the design of the FO AT ATs has changed alot may be due as to the why they have altered and strengthened the front legs, and thats so they can aim the large heavy assault weapon carried between its high set shoulders at moderate and close quarters combat distances.
This gun looks massive in comparison to anything we've seen on an At At as yet (which is probably why they call it a HEAVY ASSAULT) , but its mounting looks fairly fixed, with very little movement capable along the vertical axis. Therefore the only way they can effectively target it must be to raise or lower the height of the front of the walker, which is probably why its got these massive front legs ,to power it up and down, rather like doing push ups (big shoulders/strong forearms).
The leg articulation and positioning looks almost entirely designed to power and assist in the elevation of the weapon . I do imagine they can "stomp" down with some force, but with a vehicle of that size it seems a bit ridiculous , it would be a very slow "kick" or movement,which given the size of the thing , would be pretty destabilizing.
To deploy so many of them and with such heavy weaponry makes it look like its a major assault on a heavily defended base, so the "red dust" being ploughed up could exactly just be a smoke screen to prevent the Resistance from being locked on and targeted by those big AT AT lazers at a distance.
But I cannot see how they are going brought down easily ,no way they can "trip" them this time and the dust would make it as hard for the Rebels to target the AT ATs with returning fire accurately. Something explosive seems to be the only alternative.

Last edited:
To me the obvious thing to do with AT-AT's is get behind them, not fly in front of their heads. If these new ones are so heavy they cant be brought down with cables, then the dust will serve as a visual "circle" before being ignited, blowing..

Cracks in the ground making them fall into boiling Lava or.. the dust turns to acid rain and melts them like Xeno blood :D

Stop using the younger generation excuse. We all know young people suck! :lol ;)

My inner 3yr olds cool :p

Lol...yes, of course. But that only works in the Star Wars threads.

Sure, I'll judge them by their STIQ in Star Trek threads, their MMIQ in Mad Max threads, and their JBIQ in James Bond threads...but what about those thread topics I know little to nothing about?? Like all the threads about Joanie Loves Chachi?! I guess I'll just have to cop ignorance.

The Wook

If Yoda just joined the forum and said hello, with a post count of one, it would be wrong to judge him as a noob, judging him by his height wouldnt be much better :lol There is only one way to judge... Force Powers you must use, be clouded by the Dark side you cannnot.

guys i was wondering about the rumor of kylo fixing his lightsaber, or having a new one by the end of the film.. i was curious

there was a rumor while back that rey gets her arm cut off, wonder if ren ends up with the graflex!?

Are you guys using SWIQ as Star Wars I.Q. or the Urban Dictionary version Swagger + Sick = Swiq?

I'm as tall as Vader but I just haven't been able to figure this one out yet. ;)

Are you guys using SWIQ as Star Wars I.Q. or the Urban Dictionary version Swagger + Sick = Swiq?

I'm as tall as Vader but I just haven't been able to figure this one out yet. ;)

SWIQ = Star Wars Intelligence Quotient. It's a term I coined, and introduced to the board in Post #1426 of this thread:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=242368&page=72

In a nutshell, SWIQ is a qualitative (high, low, etc.) measurement of a person's Star Wars Intelligence--that "intelligence" being defined by two separate but complementary components. One, factual information about Star Wars. And two, artistic sensibilities about what does and does not belong in a Star Wars film.

The introduction of SWIQ caused a bit of controversy, including a debate over the existence of absolutes in artistic expressions, such as films. So if you continue to read on from Post #1426, there is lots of discussion about SWIQ. But hopefully no lingering hard feelings among those who might have been intially offended. :D

The Wook

Last edited:
guys i was wondering about the rumor of kylo fixing his lightsaber, or having a new one by the end of the film.. i was curious

there was a rumor while back that rey gets her arm cut off, wonder if ren ends up with the graflex!?

Its no rumour, Kylo has his lightsaber (or the crystal from it in a new build) in TLJ trailer @ 1:28 I think Kylos saber might be made from Vaders melted man bits :eek

Id be very surprised if Rey doesnt loose something in EP8 or 9, i think Luke will have to die First, they cant both have robotic arms at once can they?

Last edited by a moderator:

It's basically just The Wook declaring that he is the All-Father as far as deciding what is good or not for Star Wars. If you do not agree to his metrics, he deems you as having a low Star Wars IQ.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back