Really Big Imperial Star Destroyer

Greetings Thread Followers,

We have a small update for you as we have been working on assembling the drive section and adding additional details. I have included a couple of shots showing the rather substantial support structure of the drive section. Last shot is our current progress on the section to date additional smaller details still to be added.

BP-Drive-Section-Structure-Side--WIP.jpgBP-Drive-Section-Structure-WIP.jpgBP-Drive-Section-Assembly-WIP.jpg

Greetings All,

I appreciate all the support.

I can not say as to whether or not there would be any additional availability of either parts or some form of a kit. That would be far outside of what we do to even begin with.

We are creating our own files for printing.

Have a small update here on the progress of the project we made a temporary stand for the drive section until it is time to marry it with the main hull.
BP-Drive-Section-Stand.jpg
We are currently working on ventral hull details as can be seen here with the reactor dome section.
BP-Reactor-Section-WIP.jpg
Unfortunately during the printing of the landing bays our hot end heater gave up the ghost after 2,189 hrs of flawless performance as a result we are down for maintenance. A replacement has already been shipped out and covered under warranty.

I really want to hack your computer and grab those files, LOL. That thing is beautiful. Since it is in digital format, it can easily be resized to match the ESB SD. Hope you do release the files eventually . Either for sale or even better open source, ;-) It could be the only way I would attempt another huge project like that. Keep up the good work, Cheers,

Joe

Wow. Its a great project, and great results. Its a fantastic example of what can be done with today's consumer available tech... really impressive.

Jedi Dade

Greetings,

I am pleased to return once again after our long absence. I am afraid there were some residual feelings of being slighted by our benefactors when the thread was moved.

As you can see we have made some very good progress as we surpassed 4,300hrs and over 2miles of filament printed when we completed the superstructure.
BP-ISD-Bridge-Section-WIP.jpg
We are now working on the last major section for the 3d printer the hull.
Hull-Forward-Sections-WIP.jpg
We'll be back real soon with some more progress pics and some very exciting news about our projects future.

The shield generator domes are about the size of a golf ball Dizzy, thanks for asking.

Greetings,

We reached yet another major milestone with principal completion of the hull bottom section.
BP-Star-Destroyer-Hull-Bottom-WIP.jpg

We couldn't wait to do a quick mockup with most the bottom sections with the drive section.
ISD-Hull-Assembly-Bottom-View.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back