Graflex Variations: Facts and vs. Replica

The New York was used for ANH? I learn something new here all the time. Cool.

Well, best I can tell... yes. I am going by the fact that the ANH glass eye has a very sharp straight cone to it vs. the later variants smooth, rounded off cone. It also looks like smooth post sync pins. IF that glass eye is from the flash it was on, it stands to reason the rest of the flash is earlier FOLMER style as well.

So no one KNOWS for sure, but I'm making an educated guess.

Really appreciate all the feedback. Do you guys also know where I could get the materials to finish it up? The windshield wipers, D rings, etc. I heard Blast Tech is a good way to go. Anyone used them before?

Really appreciate all the feedback. Do you guys also know where I could get the materials to finish it up? The windshield wipers, D rings, etc. I heard Blast Tech is a good way to go. Anyone used them before?

While Blastech was great back in the day, there is a better option now at wannawanga.com
Roy's parts are great!
You can also buy kits from Roman now at romanprops.com

Please stop calling the grips 'windshield wipers' . . . that's certainlly not what was used by the propmaker Roger Christian . . . T-strips or T-tracks is a more accurate term when discussing the grips . . . Mark Hamill once even recalled his hand had blisters due to the hard grips . . . so no rubbery-like windshield wipers were on the vintage G R A F L E X flashgun :wacko

Chaïm

Hi, I was hoping if someone could tell me if the top half of this graflex is real vintage, looks like it is to me but seems like the seller polished it before sending so was't sure. 20170117_171158[1].jpg20170117_171126[1].jpg20170117_171053[1].jpg20170117_171114[1].jpg20170117_171144[1].jpg

Hey guys,

Long time lurker who posted here once or twice about an abandoned Graflex project. I'm not sure if this is the proper thread to do so but I just wanted to toss out a theory here regarding the 'Skywalker Ranch' lightsaber that just popped in my head after seeing some pictures from another thread here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=262709&p=4167701&viewfull=1#post4167701.

Now I admit this is most likely wrong and the current theories regarding the Lightsaber is correct... however has anyone ever considered that the 'SR' saber was actually the one that was briefly used on-set at the beginning of ROTJ's production? I've stumbled across a few references here in the past about how ROTJ started off with a Graflex and then for reasons switched to the V2 Luke and so on and so forth. I've also heard stories about how throughout the production of the OT, props would have a habit of 'disappearing'.

Now just picture this: They're starting doing the props for ROTJ. Went looking for the regular Luke Graflex... but couldn't find it. Thus they had to once again put together a new version. Then after a brief use, it was replaced with what's now known as Luke's iconic green lightsaber.

Again, could just be crazy talk here but I just wanted to toss that out.

EDIT: Something I wanted to point out from those photos in that other thread: It looks like the second button/glass eye is missing unless my eyes are getting worse. Which got me thinking about this.

Thank you. Know of a good way to remove the polished look without ruining the nickel finish?

Light directional scrubbing with a scotchbrite-type pad. The previous owner may have also used some type of compound to enhance the shine, which might rub off or dull with handling.

You know it's entirely possible to be the original finish.

With straight sync pins, it may just be an early variant... which a lot of them DID have a high polish.

I wouldn't do anything to it personally.

I think it was polished as it seemed to dull a bit with some general handling.
You know it's entirely possible to be the original finish.

With straight sync pins, it may just be an early variant... which a lot of them DID have a high polish.

I wouldn't do anything to it personally.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back