Nike Mag 2016 Lottery

100 mail-in entries per size.

They only allow one mail-in entry per size and that one mail-in entry per size counts as the average number of entries a single person submitted in a size category by purchasing a raffle ticket (not by mail-in entry), rounded up... but go you.

From the mail in form...

"You may mail-in only once for any particular shoe size drawing, and you will receive entries equal to the average number of entries received by those who make donations for the shoe size drawing you specified. If you wish to enter additional drawings for different shoe sizes, you must send a separate mailer for each additional drawing. If the average number of entries by donation is not a whole number, your average will be rounded up to the next whole number. (Example: 2.3 will be rounded up to 3 entries)"

To clarify. Let's say only 1000 people bought raffle tickets for size 9. Some of those people only bought one ticket where as another person may have bought 20. Let's say that for those 1000 people that bought a ticket for size 9, the total tickets bought = 2673. Take 2673 and divide by 1000 and then round it up to the next whole number (which is 2.673 which you then have to round up to 3) That gives you the average amount of raffle tickets per person, bought for size 9. Therefore in that situation, your one mail in entry for size 9 counts as three entries.

Under my name, I have a raffle ticket for each size. And I signed up 99 other family members for each size. = 100 entries per size. No DQ here

Sure you did. I hope you managed to use 99 other addresses as well. Otherwise, they will know something is up.

I have some other things I could say about what you are doing but I have a feeling that others may do that for me.

What? Me judge? The hell you say. ;)

Last edited:
10 tickets on British bank card, if I win they contact me on a British mobile number. But have put down my friends address who lives just outside Boston. Size 11. If I win it's just a case of getting a flight over to pick them up, I'd get them shipped, but any excuse for a holiday

ARKM I actually sold my car to buy 3 pairs of the 2011 edition and donated 9.5k from the first go around. I didn't use 99 addresses, probably like 60. But we're not here to bicker about financials. I've done my part by supporting the MJF before and till this day.

Last edited by a moderator:
0 tickets. **** 'em!

I thought the number of entries was "unlimited" - ie they just keep taking your money. Who's dumb ass idea was it to limit the number of tickets? They must be really narrow minded thinking that they might 100,000 ticket when there is 7Billion on the planet and at least 2M would be after these shoes.

Part of me thinks they already have found winners for these shoes. I think that annoying turd Corey will end up with a pair.

Like in any business, it's all about making money.
If fans do or don't get these shoes, it's of no concern to them. For them the money that comes in is the only thing that matters.:sick

Like in any business, it's all about making money.
If fans do or don't get these shoes, it's of no concern to them. For them the money that comes in is the only thing that matters.:sick

If it is all about money, why did they limit it? They made just under $5M off the shoes in 2011, and eBay matched that bringing them up to about $10M.

Wouldn't it make sense to milk the planet on this at $10 per ticket, they would bring in way more than $10M.

If it is all about money, why did they limit it? They made just under $5M off the shoes in 2011, and eBay matched that bringing them up to about $10M.

Wouldn't it make sense to milk the planet on this at $10 per ticket, they would bring in way more than $10M.

You're absolutely right.
Why not mass produce these ? They would make millions probably.

But it's just about always, that it's limited in quantity, expensive, hard to find,
it will always be like this, why would it be any different now ?
What were we thinking ?!:facepalm:eek

Imagine that they themselves are Scalping their own shoes
to make more profit ?

Maybe that's why they want everything to be limited,
because if everyone could buy them, the value goes down.
And that would put an end to the Scalping.

I wouldn't be shocked if this was true.

Just an idea.:cool

Like I said, they don't care about the fans.

Last edited:
You're absolutely right.
Why not mass produce these ? They would make millions probably.

They don't want the warranty head aches. If they were to mass produce these, then it would have to be a non electric version. Then FootLocker could sell them for less than $500 with portion from each pair going to the MJF Foundation, and almost everyone would be happy.

The 2011 shoes had a one time only repair warranty that expired after 4 months. No-way they would warrant the power laced versions for street wear. Some clown would jump into a pond and claim he had rights because Marty did it in the movie.

When you watch the latest videos, Tinker is on about making these work for the disablesd. Elastic works the same here.

They don't want the warranty head aches. If they were to mass produce these, then it would have to be a non electric version. Then FootLocker could sell them for less than $500 with portion from each pair going to the MJF Foundation, and almost everyone would be happy.

I'll take the shoe either way.
But it seems that's never going to happen.
At least not from a real shop.

For us it will all be about the V3's, V4's, V5's, etc...

Ah well, at least the chinese economy will get a boost !!;)

On a slightly brighter note, I headed to the raffle in London's Nike town today with shoxxo, & it was a nice little touch to be given these promo items upon buying a ticket. Also had a chance to get up close & personal with the Mags.

IMG_3434.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back