Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

I dunno... I missed seeing the image before it was taken down. I think that image of the droid is either a fan fake or pub shot, I could be wrong thou. But according to the news story disney is seeking a supena on imageshack to divulge the person's name who leaked the image before it was taken down. Apperently it was viewed like 6000 times before it was taken down. So I'm sure someone has it somewhere. Here's the full story

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/star-wars-leak-prompts-disney-to-seek-subpoena-109979975062.html

I dunno... I missed seeing the image before it was taken down. I think that image of teh droid is either a fan fake or pub shot. But according to the news story disney is seeking a supena on imageshack to divulge teh person's name who leaked the image before it was taken down. Here's the full story

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/star-wars-leak-prompts-disney-to-seek-subpoena-109979975062.html

I clicked and its that image that's been around for a while... Don't know why you can't see it.

I agree. Plus, I think Inquisitor Peregrinus should dial his ego setting back about 120 points and join the rest of the reality world. I want to see his list of published/filmed scripts/stories before I read any more of his grandiose spouting!

Uh thank you. I really didn't want to say anything as not to upset anyone, but yeah! I usually just scroll on through those 8-10 paragraph posts about how "In my rewrite it happens this way" and "In my version I changed all this to all that". Sorry, I just don't read much fan fiction, couldn't really care less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh thank you. I really didn't want to say anything as not to upset anyone, but yeah! I usually just scroll on through those 8-10 paragraph posts about how "In my rewrite it happens this way" and "In my version I changed all this to all that". Sorry, I just don't read much fan fiction, couldn't really care less.

Eh, I don't mind. "A writer gotta write"... If you don't like, don't read :). Which it sounds like you already were on top of.

A lot of creative minds on this forum, it's going to spill out in different ways, heh.

@Sourdoh and @Laspector, for my part, I apologize. No offense taken, by the way. I'm the first to acknowledge I tend toward the verbose. Does me well in general Writing of Stuff, not so much for brevity on a message board. In this context... *thinks* ...It's mainly that we have no real, verifiable information on the actual plot of TFA, or the standalone films, or the episodic films going forward. Some people who felt that George dropped the ball on the Prequels (as I do) project concerns into that vacuum about whether the same sorts of mistakes might be made again, often citing examples. My (long-winded) responses are mainly meant to show what a writer with some skill (which I like to at least think I've acquired over years of hard work) might have done instead of what George did, and since Larry Kasdan is a skilled writer, I'm less worried than I might be if George were doing these as well.

I tend to like to take part, on one side or the other, in the light whinging that goes on while we're waiting for more information to pop up. Sorry it detracted from the thread. I know what it's like to click on something with new posts only to find a bunch of off-topic chatter.

--Jonah

extras casting for pick ups in LA has begun. From what I understand, near complete sets will be built while others will be partials. Rumor is also on those sets screen tests will be done for the stand alone film.

My highly skilled treatment of Star Wars, which is also far superior to the George Lucas (who created a company that sold for $4 billion) version will also be posted soon.

/sarcasm

Meanwhile, back in Ep7 news...

THANK YOU.

Here, you want news thats not rumors or spoilers (as we have a thread for that), Disney crushed their quarterly earning, Bob Iger said that Star Wars is going to be HUGE for back end profits, and new Star Wars themed attractions at the parks will be announced later this year.

so did they film 2 movies at once?? im hearing there is to be a standalone "backstory" star wars movie about how princess lea steals the death star blue prints and han solo's origin yadda yadda yadda??? anyone else hear of this?? um yeah and I know its a "spoiler" what happens with the blueprints......:$

There are two standalone films in preproduction right now. One is further along than the other. The only one they were filming (principle photography wrapped last fall, they're on post-production work now) was Episode VII. But Bob Iger also confirmed earlier this week that Episodes VIII and IX are locked in for 2017 and 2019 release years, respectively. That first standalone film is far enough into pre-production I figure they'll start filming sometime this year for a 2016 release, with the other one going between VIII and IX in 2018.

--Jonah

It's a bit scary how fast these are coming together. The cynic in me wants to wonder if we'll see a quality drop, but I've got faith after how Disney has handled Marvel.
Here's hoping.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back