Game of Thrones "The Painted Table" replica UPDATED 5/29/2021

Re: Game of Thrones "The Painted Table" replica UPDATED 7/14/16

That first one is super sick but it looks like one of the most difficult as well.

I did see a depiction of the painted table with "legs", here:

Table-concept-art-game-of-thrones-30632089-500-280.jpg

Pretty much the same idea. Bulky "natural" legs or close to it.

Dope

I saw that, but I felt like it wasn't dynamic enough. Plus, I felt like it would look like this:
311e9b8bb0ce347473865bfd72fdc77e.jpg
[emoji37]

I don't want anything too crazy, as that would take away from the tabletop. I haven't ruled out the stump legs idea, but it would depend on how I did it.

It seems to me that since "in universe" that this table was created by the Targaryens on Dragonstone, which is a volcanic island, I'd always envisioned the base of the table as stone. I'm not sure what they used in the show. I don't recall if the base was ever even shown.

It seems to me that since "in universe" that this table was created by the Targaryens on Dragonstone, which is a volcanic island, I'd always envisioned the base of the table as stone. I'm not sure what they used in the show. I don't recall if the base was ever even shown.

You are correct! In show, the base was never shown (IIRC). However, in this behind the scenes clip, you can see they just had four stone pillars on the model, and at the very end you can barely see that there are multiple legs under it. Still no clear information, though.

I always imagined that the table had a solid stone base, that the room was carved out around the table.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey everyone. I haven't forgotten about the table. Lots of life changing events have happened since my last post. Many projects have been delayed, as well as my graduation from college. This table WILL get made, don't worry.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

This is very cool. Are you still working on this table? I would love to see your progress. I'm planning to make one myself, can you share the link to your printed map?

This is very cool. Are you still working on this table? I would love to see your progress. I'm planning to make one myself, can you share the link to your printed map?
The design has been done for awhile, I'm just waiting to buy the materials. I'm having the gold icons 3d printed, as well. I'm hoping to start this in the next couple of months if I have the time.

The design has been done for awhile, I'm just waiting to buy the materials. I'm having the gold icons 3d printed, as well. I'm hoping to start this in the next couple of months if I have the time.

Do you remember where you printed the map from?

Hi, I also want to make a replica of table from Dragonstone. But from a wood I work with a wood for a long time and now I am engaged in several projects.
I got a problem with the 3d model. If someone can help something, I will be very grateful.

Alright, everybody. I'm back!

College really sucked the life out of me, but I am proud to say that I got a BFA in Ceramics out of it, and a passion for something I love. Now, I can get back to the life of prop making! One of my first projects will be to complete this damn table. I have learned to 3D model, and plan on purchasing a Creality CR-10S soon, so I will be able to print my own parts for this project.

I've started modeling the 'icons' in Rhino, which will each have it's own 'stamp' version. I will stamp the shape of the icon into the skratchwork clay, and when it's dry, adhere the prepainted icons into the voids. This way I don't have to worry about trying to paint them when they are glued in, or repaint them after I paint the actual table.

There are four (I think only four) different icons for the keeps/citys/etc:
Castle 1 Render.png
Castle 2 Render.png
Castle 3 Render.png
Castle 4 Render.png

There's two different icons for mountains:
Mountains Small Render.png
Mountains Big Render.png

There's also two different tree icons used:
Trees Big Render.png
Trees Small Render.png

All of the printed icons will have their edges sanded down to look worn, like the original. I'd rather just print them with a flat surface, then go back and adjust them individually. I feel like this will make them look more authentic.

They appear on the screen used table to be made of ivory, so I might print in an off-white PLA, then paint them. The trees will be green, obviously.
91TcdUq5JyL._SL1500_.jpg

I will be updating as I model. I'm not the world's faster 3d modeler, but I'm working on it.

Last edited:
Re: Game of Thrones "The Painted Table" replica UPDATED 7/23/2018

Dude. SUCH a cool project.
I don't know if you ever got the legs hammered out, but my vote goes to that first table, with the "root," legs. I think that's BY FAR cooler than the real legs. The stumps seem kind of boring, and really just out of place.

Dude. SUCH a cool project.
I don't know if you ever got the legs hammered out, but my vote goes to that first table, with the "root," legs. I think that's BY FAR cooler than the real legs. The stumps seem kind of boring, and really just out of place.
Thanks!

Which legs are you talking about? I never ended up picking a style, so I'm still open to suggestions.

After 2 years, I still haven't found the font used on the screen-used table. I have elected to use a similar, but different font. The largest letters will only be 1cm wide, so it'll hardly be noticed. I will be printing a stamp set using that font, similar to the icons; I will print several of each letter, each with a handle of sorts that will slide into an alignment piece, so the letters will be equally spaced and level with eachother.

Still need to add the handles, but yeah.
Font Render.png

Reworked the font a bit and added the 'handles' to them. Currently working on the alignment piece that will hold the letters.

Font Render.png

EDIT:
Finished the letter jig. A rubberband around the jig will hold the letters in place.
Font Jig Render.png

Last edited:
Sandman0077,

Excellent work on this table. Are you still working on it? I'm interested to see how it turned out, if you finished it.

Back in May I made my own version of the table using a wood frame, foam insulation board for the top, and a custom printed map for a fundraiser event. I'll share a link to the page (I'm going to make a new thread). It's more like an interpretation of the table as I couldn't find great references... such as the font for the map. I just used one that looked really similar.

Thanks,
Dane

Sandman0077,

Excellent work on this table. Are you still working on it? I'm interested to see how it turned out, if you finished it.

Back in May I made my own version of the table using a wood frame, foam insulation board for the top, and a custom printed map for a fundraiser event. I'll share a link to the page (I'm going to make a new thread). It's more like an interpretation of the table as I couldn't find great references... such as the font for the map. I just used one that looked really similar.

Thanks,
Dane
No, I haven't started building this yet, as I didn't enjoy the material I was originally going to use for it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back