Solo: A Star Wars Story

Ill add this little nugget of info that im not certain has been addressed prior in this thread,

The main reason for so little press and release info could well be sue to the backlash of TLJ. Disney may do some truly idiotic things at times (TLJ for example) but Disney had business sense. They are obviously full aware of TLJ backlash and alienation of core fans as well as new whether its acknowledged or not publicly. Its very well possibly the reason why Solo hasnt been pushed on the level R1 was. If they put too much into it now, just as evident in this thread, TLJ bandwagon backlash will be even more driven to avoid anything involved with Solo. That and the home release of TLJ is the focus. All in all they should have pushed Solo to December keeping the Xmas Star Wars release date to keep films from stumbling on each other.
Now, if Solo is as bad as the majority expects, Disney will be in trouble with the film franchise to an extent. EP9 will make gazillions of dollars of course but the positive outcome of two back to back fan failure Star Wars movies is more thought put into the next stand alone Star Wars Story. What are the odds we will get an amazing Kenobi movie?

Well after watching TLJ tonight I can tell you if people say Solo is bad I'll be avoiding it,even as a rental,because after tonight with TLJ I'm in shock,and if ANY say a SW film is bad I'll probably go running like a scared girl screaming all the way....

Ill add this little nugget of info that im not certain has been addressed prior in this thread,

The main reason for so little press and release info could well be sue to the backlash of TLJ. Disney may do some truly idiotic things at times (TLJ for example) but Disney had business sense. They are obviously full aware of TLJ backlash and alienation of core fans as well as new whether its acknowledged or not publicly. Its very well possibly the reason why Solo hasnt been pushed on the level R1 was. If they put too much into it now, just as evident in this thread, TLJ bandwagon backlash will be even more driven to avoid anything involved with Solo. That and the home release of TLJ is the focus. All in all they should have pushed Solo to December keeping the Xmas Star Wars release date to keep films from stumbling on each other.
Now, if Solo is as bad as the majority expects, Disney will be in trouble with the film franchise to an extent. EP9 will make gazillions of dollars of course but the positive outcome of two back to back fan failure Star Wars movies is more thought put into the next stand alone Star Wars Story. What are the odds we will get an amazing Kenobi movie?

It's like when you say something to your girlfriend/ wife/ significant other and it's perceived in a negative way and she gets upset. You don't follow it up with "Well geez! We could figure this out if you'd just settle down!" You need to let her cool off before you try and buddy up to her again.

The fanbase is hurt. You don't try and shove a second rate Han down their throat while they're still pissed off.

On a side note: I heard they're going to do away with all of the blasters entirely, and Han will just shoot a beam of love out of his chest like a carebear.

Big grain of salt as LF doesn’t do many “screenings” let alone in an “unfinished state for friends and family”..

Attachments

• 83166E1C-8533-4EB1-AEAF-2EECE4445D88.png
    83166E1C-8533-4EB1-AEAF-2EECE4445D88.png
    941.5 KB · Views: 102
What are the odds we will get an amazing Kenobi movie?

I'm sorry I don't want a Kenobi movie. "IF" he is as smart and powerful as we have all made him out to be, then he should know to sit tight and watch over Luke and protect the future of the Jedi. Not be out trying to solve all the universes injustices. At certain points people leave it be.

Disney: It's okay. There wasn't a "backlash" it was just a bunch of racist people. Yeah racist people...
UvuETUu.gif

I'm doing projects for this and I sincerely hope (do I sound optimistic?) that it somehow works out...

I remember after working on Crystal Skull that I came out of the cinema feeling like I had been murdered...

How do you feel about your personal contributions to the projects?

I am really having trouble believing this guy to be Han Solo.

From my perspective, an actor's job is to act. If a character has been created, and that's the character we all have come to love, and the original actor is re-cast, I firmly believe that there shouldn't be any interpretation by the new actor. That actor's job should be not to act like the actor, but the character as originally acted.

I mean otherwise, what is it that we love about an original character?

Why would anyone want to see an interpretation of that character? It'd just be a new character. In that case, you may as well create a NEW character altogether.

Meh. We'll see. So for this new guy looks like some weird guy who's on the verge of getting chubby.

And all my bitching in the world won't change anything. It just makes me feel better to hear others bitch along with me.

I am really having trouble believing this guy to be Han Solo.

From my perspective, an actor's job is to act. If a character has been created, and that's the character we all have come to love, and the original actor is re-cast, I firmly believe that there shouldn't be any interpretation by the new actor. That actor's job should be not to act like the actor, but the character as originally acted.

I mean otherwise, what is it that we love about an original character?

Why would anyone want to see an interpretation of that character? It'd just be a new character. In that case, you may as well create a NEW character altogether.

Meh. We'll see. So for this new guy looks like some weird guy who's on the verge of getting chubby.

And all my bitching in the world won't change anything. It just makes me feel better to hear others bitch along with me.

We live in a brand new golden age of Disney revisionist history my friend, accept it less you be a heretic and cast out. Let the past die, kill it if you have to.;)

I'm actually fine with no more teasers, tv spots, trailers, etc, for this movie. I think that's why I came out of TLJ shocked. That trailer, with the music, the tone, man was I excited to see it. The trailer was incredible, And then I saw the movie............ So for me, I'd prefer to just watch the movie without having seen any more tidbits. Sad that a trailer can ruin it by raising your exceptions, but that's by no means exclusive to TLJ. I've experienced this with other movies, so maybe I should just stop watching trailers altogether.

How do you feel about your personal contributions to the projects?

Before George left, it was much simpler because my dealings with Lucasfilm (I've done work for the company over a period of about 27 years) were restricted within the top tier of the company. George looked at the work and decisions were made there and then whereas now, its like working through an entire football team of people each before approval finally reaches the real decision makers.

The work I do is always a privilege and its been incredibly well received so, I'm happy that they feel I have been able to contribute to the franchises in a meaningful way..

I'm not optimistic about AE playing Han either but we can't judge it this early.

I doubt we've seen more than 30 seconds of AE as Han so far. I doubt more than 15 seconds of it are really "acting" shots.

At this point we are still judging him on little more than still images.

I'm not optimistic about AE playing Han either but we can't judge it this early.

I doubt we've seen more than 30 seconds of AE as Han so far. I doubt more than 15 seconds of it are really "acting" shots.

At this point we are still judging him on little more than still images.

Nah, man, it's far more likely they put his best stuff in the trailer, and that does NOT bode well for the film.

The Wook

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back