STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

I was watching it with my son and when those trooper rolled off the dish, I said to my son, "That sucks!" But I guess for some of you, it does not mean anything unless you see a splat.

Not sure why with all the killing and death, folks still focus on the times when they don't.

I think therapy might be in order. Take time away from pulling the wings off butterflies and consider it. :p

Right? It's as if blowing up 2 Star Destroyers worth of imperials, or as you pointed out dumping 3 stormtroopers off the dish doesn't count towards the death count. I count those. Maybe they didn't directly shoot those people, but they still died as a direct result of their deliberate actions.

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/film-music-tv/articles/clips-images-rebels-episodes-occupation-flight-defender/

Ezra and the Ghost crew are called back to Lothal when a new Imperial threat rises in the next one hour block of “Star Wars Rebels,” on Monday, October 30th at 9pm ET/PT on Disney XD and the DisneyNow App.

REB_IA_22977.jpg

REB_IA_23022.jpg

REB_IA_23051.jpg

REB_IA_23153.jpg

REB_IA_23197.jpg

REB_IA_23209.jpg

REB_IA_23221.jpg

REB_IA_22977.jpg

REB_IA_23022.jpg

REB_IA_23051.jpg

REB_IA_23153.jpg

REB_IA_23197.jpg

REB_IA_23209.jpg

REB_IA_23221.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
just watched episodes 1-4 of season 4. very epic loving the story, some great tie in's. Its true though the only worry you would have is falling from great height. . . . or having your blaster cut in half.

Its true though the only worry you would have is falling from great height. . . . or having your blaster cut in half.

Go back and watch these battles. Sure, not everyone they come in contact gets killed. But in some of these scenes where they slice a blaster with a lightsaber, the engagement is not over (as in, they do not walk away and still in position to continue the attack) but they instead cut to another part of the battle. This goes back to my earlier comments that just because you not seeing death blows, does not mean it is not happening.

I got a kick out of the last episode...

Don't use the device to vaporize every person in stormtrooper armor. That would be wrong to kill your enemies in such a heartless fashion.

Instead overload the core of the superweapon which in turn will vaporize the star destroyer and kill EVERYBODY.

That's a much better ethical choice.

I swear the entire family was laughing at just how stupid that was. And when we are commenting how Ezra's not directly killing anybody and then second later drops a grenade in with a TIE Pilot.

Whoops. :)

Great episodes! High stakes, and you didn't know if Ezra would join Saw's faction or stay with the Alliance. Ezra seems to be very split on helping the Rebellion, and it'll be interesting to see where Mothma's attitude takes him as a character this season.

Man, that look and tone that Ezra gave Mon Mothma... I wouldn't be suprised if he goes dark later at series end... possibly a setup to be Snoke?

Just wanted to share this pic with all you rebel fans.
image.jpeg
Thats me with Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano.
We talked for quite a bit.
Shes such a wonderful person.
I have such a boyish crush on her.
She recorded a new voice message on my phone for me.
Also told me alittle secret about rebels.
I won't share it, for I don't want to spoil anything for you guys.
Robert

Didn't care so much for the first two episodes, I don't really care for all that Mandalorian stuff, but the 3rd and 4th episode were really good. I like how this is all tying in with Rogue One. I hope we get to see how Saw gets all blown apart (or however he loses his limbs) and gets his respirator.

Really wanted those Death Troopers to have the garbled speech, though.

Right? It's as if blowing up 2 Star Destroyers worth of imperials, or as you pointed out dumping 3 stormtroopers off the dish doesn't count towards the death count. I count those. Maybe they didn't directly shoot those people, but they still died as a direct result of their deliberate actions.

I think there's a difference between blowing up a star destroyer in battle and inventing a machine to perform genocide. The implication with using that machine is that it could be used again, and again. And possibly unethically. And then the technology could be retrofitted and then used in the wrong hands

- - - Updated - - -

It seems as if this show has really changed drastically. It is no longer about the story of Ezra. Remember all the struggle he had with the force? There was a ton of foreshadowing there.

But since rogue one came out, it seems as if the focus is primarily about tying things into the beginning of that film.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back