Graflex 2.0 Sabers - Show your work / Talk Electronics

Seems I have a bad recharge port also...the kill key doesn't stop power from going through using a test light I discovered this.

EDIT: Seems when soldering the recharge port some solder got AROUND the back side of the ground and linked the ground points together... tried to undo that but ended up getting it too hot. Guess I need to order a new recharge port to replace this one...who do you think has the fastest shipping? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Radio shack had them in stock picked one up on the way into work. Just soldered it on and have the battery on charge.

Wired it in. The recharge port is functioning correctly now. But no boot up when I remove the kill key. Maybe I fried the board? If I hit the activation button I get LED light on the power indicator LED And main LED. But nothing else.

Wired it in. The recharge port is functioning correctly now. But no boot up when I remove the kill key. Maybe I fried the board? If I hit the activation button I get LED light on the power indicator LED And main LED. But nothing else.

Is your SD card installed into the board?

It's alive!

830a514bed70585b10887e7143aeeae6.jpg

Got it mostly done. There's no room for paint in there had to strip my paint! Sad face. Going to black rub and buff the chassis to make it look a bit better.

0acd9312c3b01ec1a5a9645473aca560.jpg
579f776005c15e13c7dfbcb8c3ddee01.jpg
4d7bfc4fe013570ef7fd790c589df978.jpg
d4cccbfca4609b2c3344ecd53770497c.jpg
a82437549074ef209dfb81961f82dd45.jpg
00d50e242ca1a0db6f9153bec25c540f.jpg
5679923491fe0ae15780a08ecea25a87.jpg

Got Shameems font installed. Sounds really cool. Wanna get chrome tape for the end cap I think.

Thanks @Shoot2thrill for the videos they were a great help with fitting all the wires into this thing. Without them I'd have been slamming my head into my desk in defeat. Lol.

Pic of that shine through using the replica glass eye.

55b59409cfc08ef9d179526edb15bfda.jpg

Fixed the black chassis.

b77f143e4a9bfb5062576dc171d4f6db.jpg

Attachments

• 55b59409cfc08ef9d179526edb15bfda.jpg
    55b59409cfc08ef9d179526edb15bfda.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 76
  • b77f143e4a9bfb5062576dc171d4f6db.jpg
    b77f143e4a9bfb5062576dc171d4f6db.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the noob question but I just discovered that these were a thing, and the amount of info is frankly kind of overwhelming. I kind of want to make a super accurate ESB saber with no electronics, just the prop for display. The Graflex 2.0 kit I see around, from what I understand, isn't quite screen accurate because of the beer tab and sound holes in the bottom. Is there a kit somewhere that is 100% screen accurate, or replacement parts for the 2.0 kit?

To make it esb, you can take the beer tab off. And for the sound holes, some, including myself, have taken the end cap of a 2 cell graflex and cut the very end off and used it as a bottom cover. There are plenty of options to make the 2.0 a lot more accurate, and plenty willing to give advice.
You could also go with Romanprops Graflex replica thats up for preorder on his site. He even has parts available to make ANH, ESB, and TFA versions.

Sorry for the noob question but I just discovered that these were a thing, and the amount of info is frankly kind of overwhelming. I kind of want to make a super accurate ESB saber with no electronics, just the prop for display. The Graflex 2.0 kit I see around, from what I understand, isn't quite screen accurate because of the beer tab and sound holes in the bottom. Is there a kit somewhere that is 100% screen accurate, or replacement parts for the 2.0 kit?

The sound holes definitely are not accurate but the ESB saber had the beer tab removed anyways. It's really a great kit overall and it comes with T-Tracks and an extra red button for your ESB.

If you want super accuracy, go with Roman's Empire replica and get the ESB kit from Roy at Wannawanga.

Update: haha. Just reloaded and saw the above post. Didn't mean to repeat.

To make it esb, you can take the beer tab off. And for the sound holes, some, including myself, have taken the end cap of a 2 cell graflex and cut the very end off and used it as a bottom cover. There are plenty of options to make the 2.0 a lot more accurate, and plenty willing to give advice.
You could also go with Romanprops Graflex replica thats up for preorder on his site. He even has parts available to make ANH, ESB, and TFA versions.

That Romanprops one looks great. I hadn't seen that one before but it looks like it's exactly what I want.

The sound holes definitely are not accurate but the ESB saber had the beer tab removed anyways. It's really a great kit overall and it comes with T-Tracks and an extra red button for your ESB.

If you want super accuracy, go with Roman's Empire replica and get the ESB kit from Roy at Wannawanga.

Update: haha. Just reloaded and saw the above post. Didn't mean to repeat.

Yeah the romanprops one looks great. It also has options for ESB, but is the kit from Wannawanga better somehow?

I don't know. I've seen Roy's stuff so I know it's good. I've only seen renders of Roman's but his attention to detail is well known.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back