Planet Explorer

Your eye for detail Is amazing. absolutely awesome.

Thank you very much! Sean-san.

Great update, can just imagine sitting back and cracking open one of them drinks after a hard day exploring...love it.

Wow, Thanks for the preasant comment. Be my guest, Spaceace-san!

I heard that long periods of no modeling can cause anxiety and headaches :) It's really good to see you back but seriously you should contact your doctor about the headaches and lack of sleep to make sure they're not caused by some other health problem. Your tiny details are amazing!

Jazz-san
Looks like my brain needs that smell of super grue at least once in a week.
Thanks for the kind words. Headache for more than 3 month. As you say, I think I'm going to see the doctor on Monday.

I love the door: with it's decals and accent painting, it looks great!

Thank you very much, Mike-san.
I have to finish the detailing of this part and get it sealed. Then I can go for the aft section.

katsu

Hallelujah - Katsu's back! What a fine way to start my day...

The bottles and cans are beautiful. Now the crew can celebrate their discoveries. Kampai!

:love Tom-san, Steve-san, long time no see. I' m sorry, my friends.

Thank You very much for the kind words.

Hot, killing busy summer is over and I could recover my motivation.

Well, I' m happy ifyou take a look at these progresses.

I started to build cargo bay. Following pics are the results of 12 hours work.
(most of time was spent on thinking XD

For the floor.

Ok, then the ceilling.

Canovi-san kindly sent a bunch of greevlie to me several months ago.
Why don't I use them here!!

And side walls,

Test fitting.

Thanks for looking,

katsu

very cool! :D

I really like your ceiling.

Very detail work you are doing and everything looks sharp :)

Mike

Thank you very much for looking, my friends.

Wow....beautiful artwork!!! :O....subscribed!!

May I ask...what have you used for this:
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss134/yuumi2891103/KC460606_zps8wtjn1ed.jpg

Cable straps and....???

Looks really good and could be usefull for me as well!! :D

Hi, thanks for looking.

As you said, I used some cable straps. White squared things are the cable strap base I bought at the one coin shop.
And some other things like yellow and black plates with some holes were provided by my friend in England. His factory is manufacturing those electrical parts. I recommend you to check those electrical parts shop or auto/ motorcycle parts shop on a internet.

All the best.

Last edited:
That'll be me ;)

I was wondering when I'd see you use some of those bits I sent you yuumi, love what you did with them too :)

wbobafett
The parts in question are from the AC control drives we make at work. There's a ton of variations for things like screw hole/screen blanks and other parts that get removed from the plastic shells. I thought they seemed useful for projects like this, and I was so impressed with yuumi's inginuity for the Tempest project, I cherry picked a selection of bits I thought he could use for later ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! heeey Canobi-san,

I had been carefully waiting for the chance to use those precious parts you gave me.
And I think to myself, they did it very very well.
I guess they'll appear again soon. They are so universal!

Thank you for your friendship.

katsu

Thanks for the explanation, both of you!!

I will have a look and see what I can find. For now the cable starp bases are most interesting to me!

Using them as ceiling lights is IMO pure genious!! ;)

Regards

Wolff

Thanks for the explanation, both of you!!

I will have a look and see what I can find. For now the cable starp bases are most interesting to me!

Using them as ceiling lights is IMO pure genious!! ;)

Regards

Wolff

If you don't have any luck finding similar parts, drop me a PM ;)

Agreed. The door looks just like it should.

Now you have me wondering what goes in the cargo bay - a smaller vehicle? Drones? Cages with locally caught animals? (If you've already decided, you don't have to say yet. I'll be happy to wait and be surprised.)

I love watching you work -all your updates are gems.

Thank you very much!

Agreed. The door looks just like it should.

Now you have me wondering what goes in the cargo bay - a smaller vehicle? Drones? Cages with locally caught animals? (If you've already decided, you don't have to say yet. I'll be happy to wait and be surprised.)

:D

:D Thanks, Tom-san. I'll do what I am supposed.
:thumbsup

Last edited:
OMG Katsu-san, i see i have been away way too long..

That looks amazing, love the Miniature Bonsai you made. And ofcourse the pictures of the real ones at Narita Airport. My wife loved those pictures..

Your progress looks amazing as always..
I hope i will be around more often to check out your work. Sorry to say my interests have shifted away from modeling..

Keep up the great work.

Jim

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back