Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

The Alamo Drafthouse Theater in Omaha NE. It opened a couple years ago. The lobby has the Death Star theme with the emperor’s chair. If you press the button the Death Star laser lights up with the Death Star sound effects. Gets you in the Star Wars spirit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I only have one of these left.....

IMG_2493.JPG

That's what I'm saying, it's obviously the knurled version in the photo Jerry posted above. What I'm saying though, is that from every high-res screengrab I've taken from ANH where the macros are visible, the only ones where you're able to actually see this knob in any kind of detail, it seems to me to be the black band version. Here's a screengrab I took from when you can see it best:

View attachment 779206

Again, I'll credit scottjua with this discovery, but I believe even he has changed his seagull knob back to the knurled version after seeing the photo Jerry posted.

Tim ... check the photo above and tell me what you think!

MastahBlastah- I'm still struggling with which version is used in this shot. I have both knobs and trying to look at them from different angles. I really keep leaning toward the knurled version. The silver version has more of a beveled edge, whereas the knurled knob's bevel is not as pronounced. Out of curiosity, has anyone painted the side of their knurled knob?

Well that was a bit of an ordeal... It was over an hour to drive out to where these monitors were, and then there was a bit of a mix up. Long story short, there was only 11 monitors instead of 12 and the deal wasn't quite what was advertised. But I've got the 11 monitors in hand and they've got the accurate female plug. When I get some time, I'll start opening these things up and removing the plugs.

View attachment 779960

On an interesting bright side, there was a different model of 8 pin cable in the pile of cables with these monitors.

View attachment 779959
Are you saying that there are only 11 available to the community because you gave one to Trooper at cost because he did all the leg work and took the time to find all of these? Or that there were just 11 at the destination trooper gave you when you got there?

All I'm saying is that the person selling these monitors only actually had 11 of them, not 12 as he had listed in his Craigslist ad. I'm not quite following you here, so I don't know if you're accusing me of something...?

Are you saying that there are only 11 available to the community because you gave one to Trooper at cost because he did all the leg work and took the time to find all of these? Or that there were just 11 at the destination trooper gave you when you got there?

Are you saying that there are only 11 available to the community because you gave one to Trooper at cost because he did all the leg work and took the time to find all of these?

Even if that were the case, so what??? I don't understand why you even posted that???

- Jim

All I'm saying is that the person selling these monitors only actually had 11 of them, not 12 as he had listed in his Craigslist ad. I'm not quite following you here, so I don't know if you're accusing me of something...?
No I'm not accusing you of anything. My sincere apologies if it came across that way. when I first read it I was a bit sleep deprived. I know you took the time out of your day to get them and Trooper did the same to find them, thank you. At the time I though that maybe you were setting one aside for him for his time and research and that there were 11 left. I've have now reread it I see what you were saying. Again my apologies if I came across in a negative way.

OK cool. I'll just carry on then...

No I'm not accusing you of anything. My sincere apologies if it came across that way. when I first read it I was a bit sleep deprived. I know you took the time out of your day to get them and Trooper did the same to find them, thank you. At the time I though that maybe you were setting one aside for him for his time and research and that there were 11 left. I've have now reread it I see what you were saying. Again my apologies if I came across in a negative way.

Alright, I've just spent this evening with a couple screwdrivers, a small wrench, and some wire clippers and I've now got a pile of these plugs!

plugs_1.jpg

These are the green models with the diamond logo (SMK?) used in these JVC monitors.

plugs_2.jpg plugs_3.jpg

A soldering iron and solder sucker will clean off the leftover bits of wire and solder on the 4 leads that were utilized in these monitors. OK, time for a beer and to give my eyes a rest! ;)

ooh!, where I do send da money :p

Alright, I've just spent this evening with a couple screwdrivers, a small wrench, and some wire clippers and I've now got a pile of these plugs!

View attachment 781461

These are the green models with the diamond logo (SMK?) used in these JVC monitors.

View attachment 781462 View attachment 781463

A soldering iron and solder sucker will clean off the leftover bits of wire and solder on the 4 leads that were utilized in these monitors. OK, time for a beer and to give my eyes a rest! ;)

Replied to you email with shipping address :) These look wicked can't wait to finally get back to building this prop.

Well my PM box filled up with people asking for these plugs before I could even post a for sale thread and I'm currently sifting through all the messages to try and sort out what's what. Unfortunately I've received a great deal more interest than the number of plugs I've got, so some folks will have to keep searching elsewhere. But this should get a handful of people one step closer to completing their macros!

Are you selling these by private invite?

Well my PM box filled up with people asking for these plugs before I could even post a for sale thread and I'm currently sifting through all the messages to try and sort out what's what. Unfortunately I've received a great deal more interest than the number of plugs I've got, so some folks will have to keep searching elsewhere. But this should get a handful of people one step closer to completing their macros!

Mare they all sold?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back