Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

I couldn't give two ____ about the exclusivity or the value of the bottle. It's only worth the emotion it evokes in me. I wanted it because I saw it in a movie that I love. Not because I want to be able to flip it at a profit down the line. That's the same reason I own any of the props I have. There isn't much left in the world that appreciates in value anyway.

I was lucky enough to get one of these on this run and I am ECSTATIC that they are releasing more so that everybody else here can also have one, stare at it on their shelf, and fondly remember a short moment of their childhood.

"I never knew I could write anything so touching." Seriously though, you're right. That's what it's all about.

Img_1021.JPG

Registering today means nothing. Because I haven't posted before today makes your opinion mean more? I've been following these boards for over a year and finally decided this was when I couldn't hold my tongue any longer. The whining and entitlement was too much. The fact that they are back peddling now is sad because the exclusivity of the item is now diminished.

Man, just stop. I mean that, don't respond to me or anyone else in this thread. It's doing nothing to further your cause.

You would have taken a bit of heat for saying you didn't want another release because it hurts the value ($) of yours, but at least the honesty would have had some respectability.

This "exclusivity" rant is counterproductive and goes against the entire reason for having this forum. We make replicas because we can't have an original, we join the community to share information and help others achieve the goal of obtaining their own. If the goal was exclusivity (i.e. excluding others), there would never be pictures, how-to articles, build threads, etc. Wonder how long the forum would exist with people starting threads to simply say "I own prop X"?

Another individual owning the same item does nothing to diminish any personal value you have in an item, unless you simply gain pleasure from taunting or feel that owning a Pepsi bottle puts you above them. Yes, if they do a massive release, it will diminish the monetary value of them. So, be honest with yourself, that's the fear.

As for why it's okay for those who didn't get one to complain and not okay for those that did get one complain about another release? Each has their right, but the truthful answer is numbers. Obviously the demand was much higher than the supply, so there is a much higher of number that didn't versus the number that did. It doesn't mean it's right, but in most cases, majority rules.

Are these really going to come in just a plain brown Pepsi box? I thought they were going to be in a nice box with the time circuits printed on them.

Man, just stop. I mean that, don't respond to me or anyone else in this thread. It's doing nothing to further your cause.

You would have taken a bit of heat for saying you didn't want another release because it hurts the value ($) of yours, but at least the honesty would have had some respectability.

This "exclusivity" rant is counterproductive and goes against the entire reason for having this forum. We make replicas because we can't have an original, we join the community to share information and help others achieve the goal of obtaining their own. If the goal was exclusivity (i.e. excluding others), there would never be pictures, how-to articles, build threads, etc. Wonder how long the forum would exist with people starting threads to simply say "I own prop X"?

Another individual owning the same item does nothing to diminish any personal value you have in an item, unless you simply gain pleasure from taunting or feel that owning a Pepsi bottle puts you above them. Yes, if they do a massive release, it will diminish the monetary value of them. So, be honest with yourself, that's the fear.

As for why it's okay for those who didn't get one to complain and not okay for those that did get one complain about another release? Each has their right, but the truthful answer is numbers. Obviously the demand was much higher than the supply, so there is a much higher of number that didn't versus the number that did. It doesn't mean it's right, but in most cases, majority rules.

GOD has spoken and requested no replies. Cause that works. You think you can voice an opinion and the let that be it. This is a forum. Do you know what that word means? I'll tell you that it most certaininf does not mean make a comment then demand no response.

Others owning something does diminish items to me and I'm sure others(especially limited edition items), thats why things are labeled limited in the first place. Otherwise why limit something so severely in the first place.

Helping others make their own is fine and great, a service I use this forum for, but each of those persons items are then a unique and one of a kind, not found elsewhere, piece which adds value ( a term that doesn't always mean money.) I'm just as proud of my handmade pieces as my exclusive ones as they are both rare. People like rare, that's why people use that word.

As for you assuming that I want my piece to maintain monetary value makes no sense as I wouldnt resell this piece as others are doing on eBay. I like claiming pieces are rare. A larger release would strip it's rarity. However a few posts back someone kindly informed me that the second release will be limited as well which made me feel better about the item still being exclusive.

Hello all!! I hope everyone has had a wonderful "Back to the Future Day!!" I haven't been on here today really or keeping track of whats up due to the EPIC day I have had! I picked up the new back to the future comic, I got my blu ray copy of the ultimate back to the future collectors edition in the mail, just got back from the movie theater where I got to see Part II for the first time on the big screen since I was a kid!! It made my day! Also the theater was giving away pepsi perfect shirts so that was a bonus! and on another high note my girlfriend got her confirmation from amazon today of her pepsi perfect shipping out! That was one crazy mess! However I heard today that pepsi came out and said they were making more for another limited run which is awesome for everyone that did not get one. I see this thread is very long so I am just assuming thats what all the talk has been about today.
I just wanted to say it has been a great day and I hope everyone else has enjoyed it too!

GOD has spoken and requested no replies. Cause that works. You think you can voice an opinion and the let that be it. This is a forum. Do you know what that word means? I'll tell you that it most certaininf does not mean make a comment then demand no response.

Others owning something does diminish items to me and I'm sure others(especially limited edition items), thats why things are labeled limited in the first place. Otherwise why limit something so severely in the first place.

Helping others make their own is fine and great, a service I use this forum for, but each of those persons items are then a unique and one of a kind, not found elsewhere, piece which adds value ( a term that doesn't always mean money.) I'm just as proud of my handmade pieces as my exclusive ones as they are both rare. People like rare, that's why people use that word.

As for you assuming that I want my piece to maintain monetary value makes no sense as I wouldnt resell this piece as others are doing on eBay. I like claiming pieces are rare. A larger release would strip it's rarity. However a few posts back someone kindly informed me that the second release will be limited as well which made me feel better about the item still being exclusive.

TL;DR "oh man, other people can have it? Now I don't want it."

:facepalm

I'm more interested in the supply chain side of this. They made 6,500 of these. Which means they placed and order from the factory for maybe 7,000-ish pieces. So they'd have a few seeding/press pieces. If they sold out of the original 6,500 pieces. Then where are these extras coming from? Pepsi is just like o-****. Put those molds back in, and start producing more. Luckily we have tons of extra packaging printed already. Seems off to me.

well guys and girls i will never forget my 21 2015. we spent all night trying to obtain bottles, some got them some didnt, it was one hell of a ride. i am still on the hunt for a bottle i lucked out, but glad to hear its a go for round 2. sucks the launch time, but im happy they are doing another run. it shows the fan appreciation, they knew they screwed up and are trying to cover for it

now if it happens again?! LOL

now tomorrow starts the USA TODAY paper hunt! for those still bottle-less good luck to you all, and who ever got bottles congratulations!

This is why they need their releases to be known, Oct 21 is esentially over, the cat is outta the bag, all BTTF items should be known about and open to any fans that want to buy. Limited runs by major companies are made of the same stuff Biff always lands in.

Did a quick e-bay search and I see that some bottles are going for several-hundreds of $$$ with a Buy It Now only option.

Freaking scalpers!

I guess they don't know about the re-release but the new batch ships out 6 to 8 weeks AFTER the above-mentioned date. ;)

I just wanted to have a prop piece from one on my all-time favorite movies.

Last edited:
Here's hoping for a bottle in the 2nd release! I just hope they back up their claim with good servers so their whole site doesn't crash! And Dhart503... Just shut your mouth. There is no doubt in my mind that you quietly used this forum to get your 'exclusive' and 'rare' pepsi perfect. Bloody hypocrit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi to everyone guys,
I'm very happy that some of you have been able to get the pepsi perfect and I'm sorry for the ones that haven't been so lucky.
I didn't get one for example, but well it's not a good reason to be so angry and/or disappointed... just bad luck...

I live in Cambridge (UK)... so here is my question :)

This run on 11/3 is still a only US release? Or the pepsi store would also ship to UK? Or there is a UK place where I could buy it? I would really like to have one... we will see.

Andrea

Hi to everyone guys,
I'm very happy that some of you have been able to get the pepsi perfect and I'm sorry for the ones that haven't been so lucky.
I didn't get one for example, but well it's not a good reason to be so angry and/or disappointed... just bad luck...

I live in Cambridge (UK)... so here is my question :)

This run on 11/3 is still a only US release? Or the pepsi store would also ship to UK? Or there is a UK place where I could buy it? I would really like to have one... we will see.

Andrea

im wondering the same thing Andrea. Did tweet Pepsi but no reply as yet

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back