Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

My props WAF has gone up considerably since the success I had when I the clear soles for the V2 MAGs. Now I am making FOOTWEAR Tube bags and so she sees the light at the end of the tunnel now. It is not just a bottomless pit.

inagree. I’ve never spent one dime of my income on props or vintage toys. All the money has come from buying and selling or making and selling props or vintage toys for a profit.

Ugh... this pair has disappeared. I was going to place an order. I wonder if it'll come back.

Any other safe place to get them?

Well, DH Gate also has some links, like:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/air-...hting/394362904.html#s1-1-1b;searl|3885122258
I particularly like one review that seems to show the soles are super clear.
Search around on DH Gate, but be skeptical of sellers showing pics of the RDs or V3's as well as the V2's, or with no customer reviews.

However, who earns the money in the family? If it's her income, I can understand her refusal. But if it's you, or both of you, and all the bills are paid and you can put money aside each pay to eventually get them rather than going into debt for them as I did (I don't have a credit card) then it really should be fine to buy yourself something you want. Alternatively, see if you can get an agreement that you both spend similar dollar value items on yourselves, then no one has to feel as though they missed out. My GF has often said of my sneaker collection that it's not useful, but then neither is jewellery, and nearly all her jewellery was bought by me ;)
I also use the excuse that there's worse things to spend money on - gambling, drinking to excess, drugs, etc........ :D

you mean in the sole? That's a plastic light spreader type thing they put in the V2's (and possibly HC's - haven't pulled my HC's apart to find out) to make the light look less like the 'point spot' of light that LED's generally do. It's more noticable in the ones you mentioned as the clear sole is clearer than the original V2 release.
If you decide to buy from that seller I hope they send the one with the proper speckled sole and not the ones in the other photos that look like they were drawn on my a marker pen......
Pity the other DH Gate sale vanished, usually they stay on longer than the aliexpress ones tend to.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I'm being scammed or it's just the nature of DHGate.

I had put the original ones in my cart, and when I went back the URL was dead.

I searched again and found the exact same thing with reviews and photos and such but it was a different seller.

When I tried to order grey shoes in size 11, it said "this specification not in stock".

I messaged the seller and had an odd conversation with him. He said they were in stock and sent me 3 photos:
other_2022705770_00.jpgother_2022705837_00.jpg
other_2022705733_00.jpg

I asked if he had any with less yellow soles and he said no. Then when I said I'd like to know what to do to order, he said what size. I told him at the start, so it was a bit odd that he asked again. He said he'd check and let me know.

I asked if I could see a picture of he found them, but I didn't get any additional respones.

If those are the shoes I'd get... I think they look great. THe fabric looks more correct. I haven't seen much info on the 2.1s.

What do you think of those photos? Fake?

you mean in the sole? That's a plastic light spreader type thing they put in the V2's (and possibly HC's - haven't pulled my HC's apart to find out) to make the light look less like the 'point spot' of light that LED's generally do. It's more noticable in the ones you mentioned as the clear sole is clearer than the original V2 release.
If you decide to buy from that seller I hope they send the one with the proper speckled sole and not the ones in the other photos that look like they were drawn on my a marker pen......
Pity the other DH Gate sale vanished, usually they stay on longer than the aliexpress ones tend to.

I'm not sure if I'm being scammed or it's just the nature of DHGate.

I had put the original ones in my cart, and when I went back the URL was dead.

I searched again and found the exact same thing with reviews and photos and such but it was a different seller.

When I tried to order grey shoes in size 11, it said "this specification not in stock".

I messaged the seller and had an odd conversation with him. He said they were in stock and sent me 3 photos:
View attachment 777729View attachment 777730
View attachment 777728

I asked if he had any with less yellow soles and he said no. Then when I said I'd like to know what to do to order, he said what size. I told him at the start, so it was a bit odd that he asked again. He said he'd check and let me know.

I asked if I could see a picture of he found them, but I didn't get any additional respones.

If those are the shoes I'd get... I think they look great. THe fabric looks more correct. I haven't seen much info on the 2.1s.

What do you think of those photos? Fake?
They look like the slimmed toe version. If they send you them, then one of the hardest mods is done.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

It's essentially a V2 with a light up strap and color-changing lights operated by a remote control. These are usually pretty easy to spot as they are commonly listed with red as a color option.

I was actually thinking about making them my next convention shoes if I can't find a pair of V3 with broken lights for low price.

It's essentially a V2 with a light up strap and color-changing lights operated by a remote control. These are usually pretty easy to spot as they are commonly listed with red as a color option.

I was actually thinking about making them my next convention shoes if I can't find a pair of V3 with broken lights for low price.

I don't think the strap lights up on those. There is a version using EL, but I don't think it is those.

The seller says it does not have an EL strap.

So what do you think about this?

When I choose size 11 (my size) it says unavailable). When I wrote him he says 11 is in stock and to just buy the 12 and he'll send the 11. Do you think that is too risky?
I know I only have one shot at this. I wear a 10.5, so if he sent me a 12, I'd be seriously hosed.

I don't think the strap lights up on those. There is a version using EL, but I don't think it is those.

The seller says it does not have an EL strap.

So what do you think about this?

When I choose size 11 (my size) it says unavailable). When I wrote him he says 11 is in stock and to just buy the 12 and he'll send the 11. Do you think that is too risky?
I know I only have one shot at this. I wear a 10.5, so if he sent me a 12, I'd be seriously hosed.

The V2's tend to run a bit big. Usually I wear a 10. When they originally came out years ago, I bought 2 pairs thinking nothing like this or better would ever appear again (haha how wrong I was) and found that because they ran big, the 9.5's I was intending to use as display ended up being the wear pair even after I put the better, thicker insoles in. Maybe you'd be OK with a 10. The original V2's never had an EL strap, either.

Hmmm.... I normally wear a 10.5.

I wonder if I should go with the 10s.

The V2's tend to run a bit big. Usually I wear a 10. When they originally came out years ago, I bought 2 pairs thinking nothing like this or better would ever appear again (haha how wrong I was) and found that because they ran big, the 9.5's I was intending to use as display ended up being the wear pair even after I put the better, thicker insoles in. Maybe you'd be OK with a 10. The original V2's never had an EL strap, either.

Last edited:
Sorry... I meant on his product page. Not the ones I showed in the post. Those were the photos he took for me. I knew those were V2s.

Umm, no. These are plain old V2, the original form 2012/2013. The best version of this shoe is the shoe in the image above with the slimmed toe.

All of these photos look like V3s to me (the grey ones anyway). I've asked for some custom photos. We'll see if he sends them.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/air-mag-back-to-the-future-glow-in-the-dark/401390977.html

These are scammy right?

EDIT: he did sent these two photos

View attachment 777938 View attachment 777939

Those look like V2 right, not V2.1. I really like the upgraded fabric on the 2.1s.

Edit: And so the saga continues... we'll see if this goes anywhere:

View attachment 777940

Well, good luck - if you can get V2.1's from somewhere let the rest of us know. Not many of us have them.
I should put a photo up of a stock V2 next to a V3 to show just how different they are. But.... too lazy to dig up my V2's from the storage room lol

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back