Walking Dead Rick Jacket

Hey guys I have to admit I didnt read the whole thread because you are so freaking crazy and you putted so much effort into analysing the jacket.
So basically I just would like to know : where do you recommend to buy the jacket to get an accurate replica ?have to say i'm not an so huge maniac as you , so much that even if the underarm fabric is absent it's not a problem. One of you, likemike if i'm right posted theses pictures https://m.imgur.com/a/2uLuN and this one jacket looked pretty good . Also, does the jacket is comfortable to wear ?
P-S : excuse my poor english I'm from France

Hi Shaman, the jacket in the pictures was bought from Whitesheepleather on ebay.
I would not recommend this one as the suede is very tough, the stitching is a bit messy here and there, and the lining inside is pretty thin, low quality and just ****. It is also not very comfortable to wear due to the low quality of the suede and the design of the jacket.

I would recommend waiting for Indy Magnoli to complete his version of the jacket as this will be very high quality based on all of his other jackets and the the fact that he is also listening to all of our requests on here.

If you don't want to wait, I would then suggest to buy the jacket from Suzahdi on ebay, as far as I know, this would be the next best choice in terms of quality and accuracy.
Suzahdi took advice from a lot of us on this forum to get the jacket more and more accurate, and so this would be your next best option.

Pretty much yeah, but even then Indy posted a while back that this lycra is just a placeholder while he's looking for a tighter weave so really it seems like just the back shape, collar, and color are the only things for now. Just curious, you did mention before about owning the jacket (not sure which sizes you have) do you still own it? Earlier I brought up sending in an actual Ugg jacket so Indy can have a proper model to work with, but so far we've had a couple people "volunteer" to do so but they haven't been on here since July :/

I know you mentioned the difficulty of it with the costs and risk, but you've been consistently combing through this thread and helping us with details/measurements and overall you've contributed a GREAT amount into this project and if possible, sending in the jacket would be the best way to get an exact copy of the jacket down to the stitching. As I said before I don't know the exact details of the cost and timing, but Indy did mention earlier about convenience as well:

Not to mention he's a trusted seller and a veteran member of the RPF for over 15 years if it helps with credentials :p Like I said just an idea that could give us a good push, and Indy's easier to get in contact with as opposed to Suzahdi ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I personally wouldn't send a jacket to Indy to have it replicated unless you happen to be local and last I checked he was in Oz. And frankly I stopped ordering from him years ago. I had two jackets made to order from him, and the first one was fine but the second was a total clusterf*ck. The transactions were a couple of years apart, and I expected smooth sailing based on how quickly he turned around the first not just in the production but in shipping it out as well. Second one I ordered from him he estimated a 60 day turnaround and it stretched almost a year. It was pulling teeth to get him to respond with updates and he flat out ignored my requests for the tracking info and the shipping cost almost as much as the jacket as I'm the type that will pay extra for shipping that's both expedited and trackable. Upon finally receiving it I found out why he'd withheld the tracking info. He didn't even make the jacket, he outsourced it to someone in India and that's why he wouldn't give me a tracking number. I don't remember the exact numbers but I paid close to $100 for the shipping and when I priced out how much it actually cost for them to ship it from India it was the cheapest service available and had cost them around $20. When I reverse tracked it, it showed it had been shipped from India around 45 days before I actually received it and that whole time he gave assurances that he was waiting on materials.

That was the last time I ordered from him. As rare and as valuable as these UGG jackets are I wouldn't trust him to not use the cheapest service available to ship it back to you in which case you might not ever see it again and good luck trying to get a replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
We never "withhold" shipping information. Sometime our courier agent is slow to get us the tracking number, but we always include it in the shipping note in the order on our site whenever we can. Shipping costs about $60 for most jackets, not $20, via international courier which takes a week or less. We also don't charge for shipping. As for the time delay, most orders take 2-3 months, if it takes longer than this it's either because it's a new style we're developing or some other issue with the material sourcing. Since I don't know your real name based on your user name, I can't comment on your specific case. In the least I'm sure most guys on the RPF know that regardless of any issues that occur, we always try to do right by our customers.

Hi Shaman, the jacket in the pictures was bought from Whitesheepleather on ebay.
I would not recommend this one as the suede is very tough, the stitching is a bit messy here and there, and the lining inside is pretty thin, low quality and just ****. It is also not very comfortable to wear due to the low quality of the suede and the design of the jacket.

I would recommend waiting for Indy Magnoli to complete his version of the jacket as this will be very high quality based on all of his other jackets and the the fact that he is also listening to all of our requests on here.

If you don't want to wait, I would then suggest to buy the jacket from Suzahdi on ebay, as far as I know, this would be the next best choice in terms of quality and accuracy.
Suzahdi took advice from a lot of us on this forum to get the jacket more and more accurate, and so this would be your next best option.

I really think Indy magnoli's jacket is gonna be awesome but it's pretty sure it's gonna be alot more expensive than suzahdi's one and since the quality will be at the rendez-vous it's totally fine but I think I wont be able to afford it, so i'll have to go with the suzahdi one instead

Hi guys, new to this thread and have been keeping up to date with all the updates, I was also concerned with sending my UGG over to Indy, it's just too much of a risk to take with something that can't be replaced.

Just thought I'd throw this into the air, the UGG used two slightly different shades of plaid style lining inside the jacket,
d9209b2548bc6c91b946e0fc9d0950ed.jpg

You can see here that the backing is slightly lighter than the sides. I don't know if this is common knowledge, just thought I'd share it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Hi guys, new to this thread and have been keeping up to date with all the updates, I was also concerned with sending my UGG over to Indy, it's just too much of a risk to take with something that can't be replaced.

Just thought I'd throw this into the air, the UGG used two slightly different shades of plaid style lining inside the jacket,
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171113/d9209b2548bc6c91b946e0fc9d0950ed.jpg

You can see here that the backing is slightly lighter than the sides. I don't know if this is common knowledge, just thought I'd share it.

Did not notice the coloring, however it might be from previous wear if preowned; also I'm super jealous you got to snag the jacket it must've been pricey!

Also I checked out your screen accurate thread and it's looking great so far! I saw you mentioned you have a medium and it fits perfectly, what's your build if you don't mind me asking (height, weight, athletic or skinny, etc.)? I was trying to see which size would fit me perfectly; for reference I'm around 5'11, athletic thin and weighing around 165. Also if possible maybe post some pics of you wearing it to see how exactly it fits (front view, back, side, zipped/unzipped)

Did not notice the coloring, however it might be from previous wear if preowned; also I'm super jealous you got to snag the jacket it must've been pricey!

Also I checked out your screen accurate thread and it's looking great so far! I saw you mentioned you have a medium and it fits perfectly, what's your build if you don't mind me asking (height, weight, athletic or skinny, etc.)? I was trying to see which size would fit me perfectly; for reference I'm around 5'11, athletic thin and weighing around 165. Also if possible maybe post some pics of you wearing it to see how exactly it fits (front view, back, side, zipped/unzipped)
Hi, thanks for having a look, I got the jacket off another member outatime1978, who sold it on eBay a few months ago, I'm a medium build, 6ft, 38" chest and weigh around 158. I'd says you'd also be a medium, when I wear it, which is very limited, I've got a lot of wiggle room, even when zipped up, the suede sits off my chest.

As for the wear of the jacket, it was in unworn condition when the previous owner got it, and I don't think he wore it, so I'll definitely ask.

Hi, thanks for having a look, I got the jacket off another member outatime1978, who sold it on eBay a few months ago, I'm a medium build, 6ft, 38" chest and weigh around 158. I'd says you'd also be a medium, when I wear it, which is very limited, I've got a lot of wiggle room, even when zipped up, the suede sits off my chest.
Awesome so that should fit me perfectly :D I combed through the thread and it turns out we never really got any detailed measurements for a size medium, if you ever get some time soon would you be able to take some detailed measurements coupled with some pictures similar to these?

attachment.php

attachment.php

I remember we sent these to Suzahdi when we were working with them before but based on their latest pictures the jackets still look boxy/square and less form fitting/anatomically fit similar to the real jacket (it seems like it may be difficult to use those exact measurements but I figured it'd help). I'm hoping whenever Indy Magnoli has his prototype complete and all correct I can send him the medium measurements for the most accurate fit to the real jacket; also it looks a lot more comfy than a loose box fit jacket. If you could take some measurements for the front and back whenever you get a chance I would appreciate it so much :)

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say most of the people here would probably fit best in a medium OEM measured Ugg jacket ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think your right about that, the measurements are not your usual medium so a large could get into one no worries, this is just a quick thing I made up, I made it on my phone, so it's not as intricate as the other one.
ce17275a2ebbd0c59e083059efeac029.jpg

7858723a33433ea80bad9911d239ab5e.jpg
6bdc6aeec0d8f15fb90d452511105f3d.jpg

The "straight" seam line running across the back of the jacket is curved in this picture, it's not the jacket, just the mannequin.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171113/d9209b2548bc6c91b946e0fc9d0950ed.jpg

Hmm weird. I just checked in good lighting and I can confirm that my two UGG Belfast jackets DON'T have different shades of lining material. Apparently there's some discoloration of a part of the fabric used in your jacket. Doesn't have to be the fault of previous owners. These products are still man-made products.

I think your right about that, the measurements are not your usual medium so a large could get into one no worries, this is just a quick thing I made up, I made it on my phone, so it's not as intricate as the other one.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171114/ce17275a2ebbd0c59e083059efeac029.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171114/7858723a33433ea80bad9911d239ab5e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171114/6bdc6aeec0d8f15fb90d452511105f3d.jpg

The "straight" seam line running across the back of the jacket is curved in this picture, it's not the jacket, just the mannequin.

Are you perhaps willing to provide the same measurements (preferably in cm because: more accurate) in the documents that I provided for L and XL (pasted over the measurements of the L and XL)?

Are you perhaps willing to provide the same measurements (preferably in cm because: more accurate) in the documents that I provided for L and XL (pasted over the measurements of the L and XL)?
Actually that sounds like a good idea! By any chance do you have a blank version of the templates? You could have each measurement part of the jacket correspond to a letter and Camturner26 can take the measurements (in CM) for the corresponding letters and send them to you. (ex, A - Curve height, B - Horizontal seam to bottom hem, etc.) Pretty much like the pictures I linked above, only now they have designated labels to make it easier for measurement notation. If possible we should probably have for front view, side view, and back view so we have detailed measurements

Also Indy Magnoli in regards to rush orders, whenever the jacket is finalized and we're good to order, is our order is pretty much prioritized and sent out within the month/two? Initially I was worried because I'll be moving out for University soon but I figure we probably won't be finished for quite a bit and I was a bit hesitant if I place an order and then change addresses

Actually that sounds like a good idea! By any chance do you have a blank version of the templates? You could have each measurement part of the jacket correspond to a letter and @Camturner26 can take the measurements (in CM) for the corresponding letters and send them to you. (ex, A - Curve height, B - Horizontal seam to bottom hem, etc.) Pretty much like the pictures I linked above, only now they have designated labels to make it easier for measurement notation. If possible we should probably have for front view, side view, and back view so we have detailed measurements

Also @Indy Magnoli in regards to rush orders, whenever the jacket is finalized and we're good to order, is our order is pretty much prioritized and sent out within the month/two? Initially I was worried because I'll be moving out for University soon but I figure we probably won't be finished for quite a bit and I was a bit hesitant if I place an order and then change addresses
That's a great idea, if I had the blank version of that table, I'd be happy to fill in the blanks on the medium.

That's a great idea, if I had the blank version of that table, I'd be happy to fill in the blanks on the medium.

There's no need for a blank version. I'll just upload the documents and measurements that I have and you can put your own measurements on top of them:

2) DETAILED MEASUREMENTS FRONT 2.jpg2) DETAILED MEASUREMENTS FRONT.jpg1) GENERAL MEASUREMENTS.jpg3) DETAILED MEASUREMENTS BACK.jpg4) RIBBED FABRIC SIDE PANELS MEASUREMENTS.jpg6) SLEEVES.jpg7) COLLAR.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And here's the last batch:

8) LINING 1.jpg8) LINING 2.jpg9) WAIST POCKETS.jpg10) INSIDE POCKET.jpg11) ZIPPERS & SNAP BUTTONS.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back