Opinions on a Deckard badge/wallet

Jedisushi

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi folks,

I know that this specific "prop" is a bit open for interpretation (especially the badge). I've got my eye on one, and I'd love your opinions on if the quality/fidelity here are up to par, or if it'd be better to wait for another opportunity. The main thing I see is that the wallet is not a trifold, but given that the entire badge may be a fantasy anyway I'm not sure how to weigh things.

Take a look:

MN3hV7F.jpg

Thanks!

I think it's a nice little added thing. As you point out, it's an expansion of the fantasy - and it's still unclear if the actual filming prop is leather or velcro - so there's that too. In any case, it's a nice curiosity that would complement a little display featuring the most iconic props. It contributes a lot to the noir-theme of a display.

I have owned two badges, and they were similar to the one depicted. It's a nice and solid piece, which feels quite convincing.
I got a wallet on eBay that is also bi-fold, but the id window behaves like a third part - so it seems like a tri-fold.

It's really up to your own taste, I'd say. Everyone knows that it's not 100% exact anyways, but it seems like a pretty popular addition in any case.

You can see mine in my thread: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=280360

If money is not an obstacle, I'd say that it would be the supreme solution. Personally, I think it's too much money to invest in something that is 100% verified screen-accurate. But as the description says, at this time, this kit, in its own right, has become a sought-after item.

I enjoyed the process of putting together my own, though. There's a lot of resources out there, and many pieces to get. It's an enjoyable process.

Well there’s clearly no badge in the film.

I really loved K’s backlit badge in 2049. If someone does an accurate run with a metal badge I am so in.

Well there’s clearly no badge in the film.

I really loved K’s backlit badge in 2049. If someone does an accurate run with a metal badge I am so in.

If it was back lit. My thinking is that its printed using reflective materials. I've used reflective tape on props to simulate LEDs and when photographed from the right angle its hard to tell its not an LED.

vkback.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back