Deagostini Falcon. Anyone seen this?

gizmo , I get what you've said . Deagostini screwed us in Aus by sending out the non-updated parts that others ( Germany , France , Japan etc... ) did received , at around the same time subscriptions were being offered first time to these countries ( Aus included ) .
However , when we were also screwed out of receiving the ' updated ' cockpit # 40ish ( deago had assumed they'd been sent out originally at the beginning ! ) , they did try to make amends by offering them ' free ' to both versions of subscribers ( direct & newsagent ) . Only thing was , In my case at least , I contacted Bissett directly ( as advised by a fellow forum member ) , explained the situation ... details were exchanged , and when the parts became available , one was posted out to me .

Long story short , I hoping that Deagostini will follow through again with these ' missing/omitted ' parts , and that every builder / subscriber will eventually receive them free of charge .

Ged

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh... looking at everyone's build threads has been amazing. Unfortunately for me I just don't have the room for this beast. I'm going to put up my complete unbuilt kit up for sale in the junkyard sometime today. If anyone has interest in my kit take it to pm for now. :(

I'm in a similar boat. I bought it when I lived in a 2400 sq ft house... now I live in a 680 sq ft apartment and there's NO ROOM.

I want to build it so badly, but where do I put it?!

I'm in a similar boat. I bought it when I lived in a 2400 sq ft house... now I live in a 680 sq ft apartment and there's NO ROOM.

I want to build it so badly, but where do I put it?!

How tall are your ceilings? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When the MR MF was available, I had the cash but absolutely no place to put it. The only thing I wish I would have considered was my parents house. As for me, tiny one bedroom condo, live-in GF, teenage son living at home, and already stacks of things stored all over waiting for bigger home. Now I got a bigger home and nowhere near the money a MR ship goes for. I need to finish just a few home projects before I start something this big, but I didn't want to miss it, so I bought one, then two.

How tall are your ceilings? :)

Hang her her from the ceiling. ;)

Ben

As short as my wife is, she would never go for it, ha. It's already tough getting my sabers and blasters on display in her "mid century modern" (Grandma furniture) house.

But they're there!

I think, realistically, I'm just going to have to open a studio for my business... cuz I have a Han in Carbonite needing to be built as well.

Yup... I'll rent office space JUST for those two things! :D

I think, realistically, I'm just going to have to open a studio for my business... cuz I have a Han in Carbonite needing to be built as well.

HIC; I'm soon going to be working on an electronic package for one of those using the correct Valvo nixie displays. Perhaps I should think of doing a small, limited run?

HIC; I'm soon going to be working on an electronic package for one of those using the correct Valvo nixie displays. Perhaps I should think of doing a small, limited run?

Is that for the hero panel?

I know I have lights for one of the panels (I have all pieces in storage right now... still not built)

I'm not really familiar with Deagostini so I thought I'd ask here what the usual timeframe is before they retire kits.

Also, what are the chances the Falcon will go on sale ? I get emails from them monthly about various kits on sale but I've yet to see the Falcon. Waiting and waiting for it.

Other kits by DeAgo aren't licensed the same way, so the Star Wars stuff wouldn't follow the pattern of other kits that get "retired"--if they even do that with other kits. I really don't know about other kits DeAgo has done and later retired. But, I can't imagine they could retire it at a point when subscriptions are on-going and cancel those subscriptions. More likely, they would know a date, and stop taking orders for subscriptions two years before that. Hopefully, they would announce that. All this suggests that in two years from today, people will still be getting deliveries, even if no one else can order at that point. I could see them start limiting orders to one year subscriptions, and that might be your signal.

As for discounts on the kit (besides free shipping offers), I can't imagine it. Seems like it's a pretty hot thing AND the license might make it hard to cover the fee. They kind of have free reign on most other kits, but not the licensed stuff. I, too, keep looking at those ads for kits at 25% off or whatever, but no dice on this. (Not that I'd order a 3rd kit, but always curious.

Other kits by DeAgo aren't licensed the same way, so the Star Wars stuff wouldn't follow the pattern of other kits that get "retired"--if they even do that with other kits. I really don't know about other kits DeAgo has done and later retired. But, I can't imagine they could retire it at a point when subscriptions are on-going and cancel those subscriptions. More likely, they would know a date, and stop taking orders for subscriptions two years before that. Hopefully, they would announce that. All this suggests that in two years from today, people will still be getting deliveries, even if no one else can order at that point. I could see them start limiting orders to one year subscriptions, and that might be your signal.

As for discounts on the kit (besides free shipping offers), I can't imagine it. Seems like it's a pretty hot thing AND the license might make it hard to cover the fee. They kind of have free reign on most other kits, but not the licensed stuff. I, too, keep looking at those ads for kits at 25% off or whatever, but no dice on this. (Not that I'd order a 3rd kit, but always curious.

Thanks for the reply on this. I really want to get in but the cost and my rusty skills have me second guessing it.

Thanks for the reply on this. I really want to get in but the cost and my rusty skills have me second guessing it.

Cost was a major concern on my end as well which is why I went with the 2-year plan. Near the end I was able to do a bulk order to "catch-up" so it wasn't quite two years. But the price point on the the 2-year plan is what made my better half less angry, hehe.

Deagostini Star Wars Flash Sale :

Your first parcel includes your first 4 Millennium Falcon issues and is charged at the special price of £9.99. Each parcel thereafter contains your next 4 issues and cost £35.96.

Is that on sale? Not sure what the regular rate is.

Deagostini Star Wars Flash Sale :

Your first parcel includes your first 4 Millennium Falcon issues and is charged at the special price of £9.99. Each parcel thereafter contains your next 4 issues and cost £35.96.

Is that on sale? Not sure what the regular rate is.

No, I think I read their email wrong, it's a Flash Sale but not on Star Wars items. Even though the email was all Star Wars related products.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back