Part Cast Exchange for the Green Leader Project!

Pulled these to clean out the mold. Will cast in Grey resin.
View attachment 666365View attachment 666365View attachment 666365

Beautiful! I need both as well, so let me know what you need/want from my list and I'll cast away!

I certainly wouldn't worry about overlap or stepping on toes as the thread is really intended to be a "money saver" for all involved. The fact that people have doubles and overlap I think should be OK as that will spread out the work between all of us so one poor soul doesn't end up casting Sealab or Kettenkrad parts for everyone. That and molds are only goods for so many casts...save for Dave. $20 says he has figured out a way to give them eternal life. ;)

Dave G has provided the cleanest, most beautiful casts for the L'eggs parts and forward fuselage and MoffEaton's engine greeblie assembly Masterpiece did is an incredible little masterpiece (no pun intended) unto itself. Again, thanks guys!

I could do a spreadsheet of parts and who can cast each, and who is trading with them so that no one gets too much work on their hands.

I have to say, I'm loving the community effort and unification on this! This is what it is all about! You guys are awesome!

So I've been looking around and found a whole bunch of Y parts. So I'm going to just do a Bag of Bits. I'm not building a Y from this great project. Just want to build a resin kit at the mo. But if folks are interested I will set this up properly in the JY. I will keep it cheap as it's just a bunch of resin. I'll post pix of the rest soon.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't know if I have any parts for the Y except the Saturn kits but I have been casting parts for several years and can make 2 and 3 part molds. I have an interest in making gold leader so if I can be of service for some quid pro quo, I am in.

All,

I've worked out my first exchange on here and will be sending some parts out today! Also- I will update my list as I have a few new kits inbound for smaller parts! If you need some, let me know!

Is this exchange only? I don't currently have any styrene kit parts for the Y I can trade castings of, but I'd buy sets from you guys.

Is this exchange only? I don't currently have any styrene kit parts for the Y I can trade castings of, but I'd buy sets from you guys.

I've got a similar question to Flintlock's, and would like to ask in the spirit of a.) helping out other members, b.) getting the parts I still need, and c.) trying to recover some of the money spent on this massively over-budgeted adventure. They are these:
1.) Does anyone want to buy/sell original parts? I have several originals to sell, from kits that provide more than you need (such as Kettenkrad tracks, which are hard to mold)
2.) Does anyone want to trade original parts?
3.) Does anyone want to trade original parts in exchange for rare castings?
4.) If this is not the forum for this, should I start a new thread for the exchange of filthy lucre in order to sell/acquire Y-Wing parts?

Original Parts I can offer for sale (first come, first serve):
Kettenkrad tracks and bumps
8rad insert pieces for top turret gun mount
Shell Welder nernie for droid socket area
Devonshire squigglie nernie for wings

Original parts (or castings thereof) that I need (to swap or buy):
Sealab pieces
Bandai 1/15 Tank 4 pieces
Nichimo 1/500 Yamato conning tower piece
Otaki 1/600 Yamato pieces
Nichimo 1/500 Hyuga piece

If you want any of the above, or can sell any of the above, please PM me for pricing.

I checked the Command Post Car for the part, but couldn't find it. I do have the other parts that are used / known. Let me know if you need some.

I will check the command post car for the part. I've lost 5 bids on a Kettenkrad in the past weeks...ughhhh! Last one went for over $250 with $40 shipping. That's past my puke point!

If anyone out there has the Bandai 1/15 Tank 4 parts... in exchange for the loan of the parts I will return a silicone mold along with the original parts. - Thanks.

Sorry only the 1/15th Hummel.
I'm about to make some molds and will do one for the Hummel pieces, but want to confirm the pieces used. I've pulled the pieces from the picture on this thread. Can someone confirm that's it? Seems there's another pic that shows one of the wheels too.

L

I'm looking for an 8rad shovel. I have a bunch of pieces available for trade.

Last edited:
Out of the parts missing i got:

• 1/15 Bandai Hummel
• 1/15 Bandai Stug
• Aurora Sealab III
• 1/24 Airfix Hawker Harrier
• 1/24 Bandai Shiden

If anyone out there has the Bandai 1/15 Tank 4 parts... in exchange for the loan of the parts I will return a silicone mold along with the original parts. - Thanks.

If your still looking, I got both the 1/15 Hummel and Stug that could be loaned out.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back