Bandai release schedule

You'd think by now that one of these companies would figure out the market and the Blockade Runner would be in their first wave of releases. But no, we have to have more X-Wings and TIE Fighters...

Remember, Bandai is based out of Japan. I'm willing to bet, that nobody from Bandai is a member of this forum. So they're going to use smart business practices and make what they are certain there is a market for, and will sell....and they judged right, since I'm sure that their sales of X-wings will show (not to mention what kudos they've received from members on RPF...Not that they read them, obviously). Progress onto Thailand fighters :facepalm and then Snowspeeders. What they have deviated from is introducing characters such as droids and villains...which is a bit of a gamble (which I'm sure is paying off) and some other vehicles not from ANH. I'm sure almost everyone will agree that the X'es and TIEs have been done to death, but who really here is going to say "no" to a new tooling, with some extra features. Man, this stuff to us is like a drug. We're eagerly looking for our next hit.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
That's a good point. For a while I was really into macross and the companies would continually develop hero toys. Every time they did any of the bad guy ships it would flop. So they never explored any of the ships that the completists would want. And it seemed to be the north American contingent that wanted everything

Last edited:
"Dear Bandai,
Please issue your X-Wing model kit without the animation enhancements in six model sets. This would include all plastic parts for six separate static kits, one set of instructions, one new tree of different 'droid options & different pilot options (thin, fat, tall, short) and the various decal schemes, all in one box. In short, Red Squadron in a box!

Kind Regards,
Robert"

I know. I have no use for the mechanical aspect...Unless of course the landing gear was part of it. That way you could also make a diorama

I noticed in fact that the base includes sockets to hold the 'plugs' used to fill in the holes for the base. Appears they have thought of "everything".

R/ Robert

PS: Wonder how this compares to the Fine Molds X-Wing (gizmos aside...)

Snowspeeder looks pretty good...except for the figure. What's with that guy's ARMS? It's like there's a gibbon flying the thing. Oh, and second pic down on the left - looks like removeable, or alternate, panels exposing stuff on the cannon supports. Thinking removeable panel, as an alternate piece isn't listed in the details. Airbrakes are not moveable, but replaceable (2 sets of parts listed in the details).

Last edited:
Yeah I am just getting back into models. And I am so impressed by the engineering of these kits. And they go together so easily and look great!

Yeah, didn't someone figure out that if you had the full body on the pilots in the ILM SSs, that their feet would actually have stuck out the bottom? :lol Also wish I could see the YW kit. Everything else so far is looking really nice, but with all the pipes and greeblies on those ships, I'd like to see how they tackled it before buying.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back